Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Oh wow, small world! I didn't realise as i usually use my phone to come on here so can't see locations etc!
Would be really nice to meet, we don't get out much these days since I'm only little and look so young and Charlie can be such a little monster I feel like I'm constantly being judged by everyone! I just bottle it and stay in doors as its easier!
Where abouts in bournemouth are you? I've always lived in southbourne but have been in Kinson for the past 2 years, although moving in the next few weeks if we can find somewhere!

Not sure if Charlie caught a little bug from one of the Lo's at SALT but since Wednesday night we have been fighting a temperature, she gets to 39.9 during the night which is errr fun! :-/ only other symptom is a cold, she won't eat, I really have to push to get her to drink, went the docs but he said couldnt check her chest or ears as she was causing to much fuss! She was screaming, kicking, biting, dribbling, crying and anything else you can think off so I think he was a bit scared! Lol. Although it doesn't help me find out what could be wrong! Hoping she gets over it by next week.

I'm not sure my location shows up to be honest. Small world-I was brought up in Winton and now live nearish to Southbourne (top of Castle Lane basically) so we kind of swapped areas lol. Are you planning on moving back to this side of town.
I'll PM you to arrange meeting etc.

I don't blame you for staying in-I didn't take Esther out to anywhere I didn't have to for a while cos she was such a nightmare.

Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon :)

We stay in lots because of DD as well. If she don't want to do something she cries and screams till she pukes. Or if she is close enough she will pinch, slap, kick, or level ya with a headbutt. Thank God most of the time she's quite agreeable but for example today we got kicked out of therapy 15 min early because she was all done and just fliped out until I got her in the car. I was so nervous I had boob sweat marks on my shirt :nope: Tough day. Whew.

Essie: Yay for thinking about returning to work! Will you return full time, or is there a part time option? Would the child care be able to care for her effectively? That's such a huge step!

G is Good, Baby is good - 26 weeks on Tuesday!

Hey bumpin. Can't believe your getting so close to having#2. Crazyness! Its like a time warp. I would probably have to return to full time, so it would be DD at daycare 3 to 5 days a week. Thats a lot. If shes not ready or the facility isn't up to par with my standards then we can wait a little longer. I miss working and I miss the $.

don't remind me! :haha: panic is starting to set in. G is SOOOOO busy these days. Im exhausted by naptime, and he's just recharging batteries!

I hope your return to work ends up being a positive change for you! I love working, and being home on mat leave was so lonely and isolating, even with a multitude of appointments. I need to adult social interaction

hi everyone Im sorry for not replying until now, I agree with the SALT thing aswell its just frustrating as I feel like ive not got anywhere with him :(

Im with you there, I often stay in because of fins behaviour, and it seems to be getting worse especially if he gets overwhelmed by things :cry::cry:

this weekend, we had a christening to go to. I was supposed to be going with my OH on our own but due to his ex messing him about with having his three children, I ended up going with my mum and lewis and fin (5 and 3). During the service they were both good, even fin he sat with my mum.

however when we got to the party afterwards, he started. there was some toys on the dancefloor for kids to play with and he kept growling at all the other children and raising his hand if anyone came near. going up to them and screaming in their face.i couldn't relax all afternoon and I had to sit him away and keep giving him time out. he then stood at the table lining his cars up which id taken with us to play with, im glad I took them.

then today, I took him to a playgym, the same thing happened, it was quiet then these other parents and kids turned up and he went up to them growling and shouting like roaring in their face, them mums just looked at me and I said sorry and just moved him away, he then came and sat at the table with me and kept shaking his head and tapping his hands on the table, really concerning behaviour :cry::cry::cry:

on the way back we called at the post office and it was busy, and we were in the queue and this man only looked at fin and smiled and fin just roared at him, everyone looked,

ive rung the HV up this afternoon as its really worrying me now and stressing me out so much :( :( :(

Hi everyone, just popping through with hugs :hugs: Really nervous about T's plastics and burns and OT app on Wednesday :(

Thanks for the pm rach, I keep trying to reply but for some odd reason it won't send! I've just put a deposit on a house in bearwood so once I've got the go ahead for that I will contact you about meeting if that's ok, got so much happening over the next 2 weeks its madness!
Hope returning back to work goes nice and smooth Essie, be nice to give yourself a little break even if it is to work!

Sorry to hear things are a little tough at the moment Jenneil, did you have any luck with the hv?

Sequeena - how did the appointment go?

I've had 2 poorly children for almost 2 weeks now, had them to the docs twice, first time was awful, second was just as bad although it was Sunday out of hours doc and I wasn't taking any crap, got both girls anti biotics as they have an infection of the ear I think although the doc didn't check??! Been up for a week as Charlie has been hitting 40.3 and tori 39.9 its tough at night when I'm just so tired! They both also have dhiorhea (spelling) from the medicine so I've washing coming out my ears!
However Charlie went back to nursery yesterday and seems to be ok, just a cold now. Tori is still, temperature and bad tummy and is really having it hard at night! She is due to finish her medicine today so I think teething is kicking in! :-/

My little trooper Charlie went to her salt on Wednesday even though she wasnt feeling great and done well, they say she is understanding 2 word commands, like give the bone to the dog, and that she found it easy so they are going to move further with that, they were shocked as they didn't think she would. Of course I'm very pleased and am going to keep on working on them at home!

Jen did you manage to get hold of your HV? I can imagine you're so stressed :(

nick I hope both your girls are better soon. It's great she did so well at SALT :D

T's appointment wasn't great. The surgery wasn't successful. His thumb joint is too loose and the actual thumb is too stiff. He can barely bend the tip. We've declined further surgery as they can't guarantee success and we don't want him going through all that pain again. I'm upset, but we knew this may happen. We tried and it didn't work.

Nicki that's fine. Things are a bit manic here for me at the moment too.
Hope the girls are 100% soon-it's awful when they are I'll like that.
Great about the SALT though-Charlie did really well :)

Sorry to hear about the news re Thomas Sequeena.

Not much us happening with Esther at the moment. She's got the Educationsl Psycologist going in the Playschool next Wed to get the ball rolling for a Statement.

don't remind me! :haha: panic is starting to set in. G is SOOOOO busy these days. Im exhausted by naptime, and he's just recharging batteries!

I hope your return to work ends up being a positive change for you! I love working, and being home on mat leave was so lonely and isolating, even with a multitude of appointments. I need to adult social interaction

I'm so excited that Hayley is starting to get around better but I'm with you. Its making for some long days and sore bones. But no pain, no gain right? Kiddo is getting so mobile we are needing to outfit our place with handrails and make it easier for her to navigate in her walker.She a freaking Champ in that thing! Omg it's amazing. With the development of her new gross and fine motor skills she is gaining Words. I may delay going back to work for a few months but if she continues this progress and I can continue her therapies on the same scale I'm doing it. Eeeeek so scary and exciting. I love being competative and work fullfills that for me. And I miss the cash and exercise. I can take or leave the social interaction :haha:

Jen did you manage to get hold of your HV? I can imagine you're so stressed :(

nick I hope both your girls are better soon. It's great she did so well at SALT :D

T's appointment wasn't great. The surgery wasn't successful. His thumb joint is too loose and the actual thumb is too stiff. He can barely bend the tip. We've declined further surgery as they can't guarantee success and we don't want him going through all that pain again. I'm upset, but we knew this may happen. We tried and it didn't work.

Oh no hun, that sux. What happens now? Bracing or splints? This doesn't mean he will lose function in it, right?

Nothing happens now. He's adapted to use it in his own way. He uses the base to move it about and just pressed buttons without bending his thumb.

That's great. He's a little trooper! Sorry the surgery didnt go well :(

ah, Sequeena, So sorry that he went through all that for nothing :( Poor little guy is such a trooper!

How is everyone? Hope you've had a lovely Valentine's Day :)

Well, I don't know if I mentioned it here but Thomas is now sleeping 10-12 hours a night :dance: it's already had an impact. He's not so difficult in the day and any meltdowns he does have I'm better prepared for. He still isn't eating meals (and if he is he has a tiny amount) but he's snacking a lot so I make sure he has easy access to crackers, fruit, cheese etc. cereal bars are a favourite for him. I'm going to make a homemade flap jack type thing so I can control the ingredients.

We had Portage this week. His 3rd session since November. She kept cancelling and I was getting really fed up. It went well though. This is his 'homework'

1799895_10203560109108507_403992641_o.jpg

He loves the shape sorter. It plays music :) I make sure he sorts all the shapes before I put the music on for him. The puzzle is more difficult. It's the hardest one yet. The other one only had around 6 pieces and they were shapes. Even the ones he does with me are basic animal/vehicle/number shapes.

We are slowly getting somewhere with crafts though it is still a battle. I bought a glue stick instead of using PVA glue and he thought it was a crayon. He just wanted to 'colour' with it. I couldn't get him to understand that it wasn't a crayon and when I took it away there was tears, his table was thrown across the room etc. Anyway this is what he did;

1911110_10203566887877972_908348783_o.jpg

I mostly stuck the gems on for him. I also opened the chunky chalks we got him for Christmas and he enjoys drawing on paper with them.

He has an appointment in Ophthalmology on Monday. That's usually good news. Fingers crossed his eyesight hasn't got any worse.

And oh my gosh congratulations Essie :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs: It's still a bit of a shock really. I was getting bfps for 3 days and calling them evaps :haha:

Awesome news about T!!!! He's such a handsom lil guy. Love the picture he made for you. Lol I'm sure DD would just eat the glue. She already had a sample and seemed to like it. All our crafts have to pretty much be edible :wacko: How did you get him sleeping??

Oh trust me that glue went in his mouth a fair few times. We still have quite a problem with him still eating things AND he's started to dribble loads again :(

I didn't do anything, he literally just did it. It took us completely by surprise. He's solidly going down between 9-10pm and will be up at 9:30am.

Oh trust me that glue went in his mouth a fair few times. We still have quite a problem with him still eating things AND he's started to dribble loads again :(

I didn't do anything, he literally just did it. It took us completely by surprise. He's solidly going down between 9-10pm and will be up at 9:30am.

Holy crap! That's better than Hayley sleeps. She has been dribbling a lot to, teething is making it worse. Good to hear he's sleeping well, I bet he will do loads better with everything. Who ain't cranky when they are wore out:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->