Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Hi everyone I'm sorry I'm not around I'm quite busy right now. Life has ramped up by 100%. Thomas is starting another nursery tomorrow morning with a support worker.

:hugs for everyone xx

I hope he enjoys it!

BTW you look way different to how I imagined! I mean that in a way less creepy way than it sounds :haha:

Uh scratch that T has gone downhill again (diarrhea, with added coughing) and I'm starting to feel all stuffy :(

:haha: what did you think I'd look like?

To be honest like a tall Thomas with long hair :blush: :haha: But I kind of imagine everyone to be big versions of their kids for some weird reason!

LMAO! Do you think we look alike or different? Everyone says he's more like me now but the blonde is all his dad (though I was blonde as a child).

Actually I think you have quite similar features. You can definitely tell you're related. You have the same eyes and nose I think!

Hi everyone.. Just thought I'd let you all know that I've set up a speech delay/disorder group on Facebook. I've added some of you already but if anyone else wants to join then just send me a message with your fb name and profile pic so I can add you xx

:flower: you do look alike he looks cheeky in that pic.

Marcus is doing this weird thing where he sort of has his mouth open and tongue out a bit the rubs hand up and down it, can't explain top well. Hs been doin it a while tbh.

He randomly says go and look ATM...funny neither were words he had before the regression :haha:

Hope t is feeling better x

:rofl: that's ok a least I'm not alone. It's so bizarre with him, one minute he can seem so " standard" then runs about in circles strumming away on his tongue like some guitar.

Our hv has suggested a quiet coffee morning she knows for additional needs mummies and their lo's,il prob go so e point but I feel how rach describes in that he's currently not diagnosed with anything. I sort of feel like a fraud :dohh: i currently in joking refer to him as having Sheldon cooper ( Big Bang theory ) syndrome..,he's just a regular person just really rather quirky! X

:rofl: that's ok a least I'm not alone. It's so bizarre with him, one minute he can seem so " standard" then runs about in circles strumming away on his tongue like some guitar.

Our hv has suggested a quiet coffee morning she knows for additional needs mummies and their lo's,il prob go so e point but I feel how rach describes in that he's currently not diagnosed with anything. I sort of feel like a fraud :dohh: i currently in joking refer to him as having Sheldon cooper ( Big Bang theory ) syndrome..,he's just a regular person just really rather quirky! X

Go along and see what it's like. Although i'm a good one to talk because i probably wouldn't lol.

I'm currently have a bit of a 'i don't want to do this' moment. Esther has her stay and play session at school next Wednesday afternoon. I want to go and meet her teachers but other than that i really don't want to go. I don't want to have to keep explaining to the other parents that yes my child is the one that doesn't talk and that will be taking up half of the TA'a time (if she doesn't get a statement). Having to explain that when she gets invited to a party or to play at someone's house (assuming she does) that she won't actually be able to talk to the child/parent properly to communicate anything. Agh!!!!!!!

Sequeena I think it's that exactly. DDs OT thinks so to, he's seen her do it several times now. If it's kinda bothersome you can try a redirect with a chew necklace or something else that gives calming sensory input and is less gross. I cringe when we've been in a medical center somewhere and after DD has handled something thats probably infested with germs, she rubs her tongue. Yuck! Probably why we're having issues with her ears and sinus infection now. The grossness she puts in her mouth and the gobs of pollen everywhere.

Hehe Rach, I'm like you. The rehab hospital DD goes to was starting a support group and I won't go either. There are only 3 cp kiddo's that i know of there. It would probably do me good but I don't really do good in groups :haha:

:flower: I went to the group, it was great tbh. The children had downs and were absolutely adoreable, my lo tolerated it well for him too. It was useful as the parents had lots of numbers and things for stuff to help.

Had his play therapy today, she's referring to OT. Was good as she saw 2 absences , him going fom happy to hysterical, him attacking me etc. all of which u don't always see :thumbup:

Rach, I hope the school visit goes ok. I hope Esther does get a statement to give her the right support :hugs: I know its different as m is only two but he was the only one at the party the other week who didn't talk or interact. He did ok and had fun just in a different way :dohh: xxx

Hi ladies.

Im having stroller drama:dohh: I'm needing a new stroller for DD and had bought the Joovy Zoom 360 because it says it fits a child up to 5yo or 75lbs. DD is 28months old and is 28lbs and is too tall! Her head is above the seatback. So i mentioned it to her PT and she said the early intervention programs have loaner special needs strollers and she would measure kiddo then go see what theyhave. Well what they have is very medical looking. It has leg positioners and has way more positioning aids than DD needs. And its huge. Anyone have any ideas on good jogging type strollers that will fit a tall child. Shes almost 39in tall.

My DS2 is a bit taller than that and he sits comfortably in our B-agile still (very rare for him to want the buggy but ample space if he does)

This is a link to the US Britax site and the buggy we have (ours is black). It says coming soon so not sure when that means tho as the 3 wheel version doesn't look as big???

https://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-agile-4

their BOB strollers are the specific jogging ones, my friend Lydia has one for her daughters and goes running with them in a double BOB - her girls are nearly 4 and 21 months

We have the Mamas and Papas Sola and Rory's head isn't near the top yet. Not a brilliant pram otherwise though. Also those three wheel jogging ones are quite big.

Moggy ty for the link! I really like the look of that stroller :) We looked at a bunch of reviews of the BOB series of strollers and after some digging found out the seat back height on those are shorter than the Joovy. Huge bummer. I need to look into their other styles. I mainly looked at the 3 wheeled ones. I've yet to find a website that posts seat back heights for their products! It's usually hid in the reviews. I think I need to go to some shops and try some displayed models out.

Emy how tall is Rory? If he's taller than DD your buggy may work for us.

Ladies thanks for the info. We really need something that fits in a small car but is long enough for DD to use for a while until her walking gets better. Dh and I are both 6ft tall so handle height is also an issue for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->