Did a man really just say this to me about my vagina??

Liesje

Reaction score
So while walking the dogs today I came across a guy who owns a dog my dogs usually play with... We got to talking about pregnancies as his wife is currently pregnant. It came up that I had a c-section which was elective and the next one is also scheduled... He goes to me as if I asked or something, "I think women should give birth naturally, my wife will be having our baby vaginally" :shock:
I don't know what's creepier, the fact that he uses those words with almost complete strangers or that he has such strong opinions about body parts he does not own?

It depends on the context, I think. Men are allowed to have opinions about childbirth, but this does get pretty close to the line for me on getting a bit judgey about people's birth choices.
Was it the fact that he said the word "vaginally" to you? :)

:shrug: Not sure what he said wrong? It is just his opinion. Plus he did not say anything about your vagina, unless I read wrong he said his wife is giving birth vaginally. So what? Maybe she will, maybe she won't, a lot of first time parents have very strong opinions until they have been there. Things do not always go as planned.
I would have just said my body, my choice. :flower:

I think I'd be uncomfortable with a man I didn't know saying the word vagina to me if he wasn't a doctor lol. It sounds a bit judgemental considering he won't know your situation and few women choose a c section for their first birth it's usually a necessity of some sort...if it was a woman who said that I'm sure many of us would find it bitchy!

The word "vaginally" was just what pushed me off the edge of being creeped out :rofl:
On my way home I started thinking if my OH was walking around the neighborhood giving women unsolicited advice regarding the use of their vaginas, I'd smack him! lol

well what else should he say? vaginally is the correct word isnt it? and it is his choice to think what he wants as long as he doesnt force anybody lol.

I find it a bit weird as an adult you cant hear the word vagina without thinking the man is creepy?

Im actualy impressed he used the word vaginally, very few males would bother to know the correct term or feel comfertable enough to say it wirhout giggling like a school boy or getting flustered.

Well at least he used the correct term, imagine if he used a pet name for it... Now that would have been really weird.

I don't see an issue at all! Seems a fair comment to me.

Well at least he used the correct term, imagine if he used a pet name for it... Now that would have been really weird.

This made me laugh.

My wife is giving birth out of her fandango :haha:

Yeah, I wouldnt have a problem with a man saying that to me :)

I don't think the issue should so much be what he said but the context- the OP had just told him she had a c section and he thought it appropriate to say he thinks women should give birth naturally...well yeah most of us think that too but life doesn't work like that, and frankly the fact he is a man would piss me off more about it! Not that he isn't entitled to his opinion of course he is, but I don't think it was the time or place for it and the OP wasn't asking for it. I just hope his wife does get the vaginal birth they desire because in the UK 20% of women don't give birth naturally.

I dont see what is wrong with what he said. Good on the man for having an opioion on childbirth.

I dont see a problem, we all know the majority of babies do come out of a vagina. An arm is an arm, a leg is a leg, it just so happens a vagina is a vagina and a penis is a penis :shrug:

Ooh I don't know, I mean obviously his opinion is perfectly valid and it was in context... but I think I'd cringe if someone I didn't know said 'vagina' to me. Yes I realise how juvenile this is :lol: just being honest!

Also, it's pretty bad manners I think to engage in a conversation with a stranger, ask them their plans for xyz and then immediately say you disagree. Or maybe that's terribly British of me :haha:

Ah, i dont think its that creepy, he was using it in context and using it as a medical term rather than crudely.

And it wasnt really about your vagina, it was about his wifes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->