Did a man really just say this to me about my vagina??

:) lots of people ask actually, it's usually by PM though... I should add it to my signature lol

I don't think what he said was inappropriate, except if you are a prude and then the word "vagina" may leave you red faced. His response to me sounds refreshing as men usually are unaffected by pc.

I think it was just the place and context he said it... I'm not a prude either but I don't like having conversations like that (and knowing they're probably picturing it) with men I've barely spoken to in my life.
He just informed me that his wife wasn't there because she's overdue and doesn't want to leave the house and she's getting impatient of waiting. I said something like "yea that must be nerve wracking" then he asked if my baby was on time to which I replied "yea, it was a planned c-section so he was precisely on time lol"... When he said his opinion about vaginas and how all women should have their babies as he would like :shock:

Sounds like a perfectly normal follow on from your convo to me. You make it out like he randomly started to talk about YOUR vagina when all he said was his wife was having a vaginal birth instead in response to you having said you had a planned section... :shrug:

I don't find it odd. I would see it more as referring to his wife than you anyway. Saying she delivered vaginally isn't really in any way referring to you.

:shrug: I guess some people are just more accepting than me on being told how any woman's vagina should be used, by a member of the opposite sex, as long as their opinion is the same.

I don't find it odd. I would see it more as referring to his wife than you anyway. Saying she delivered vaginally isn't really in any way referring to you.

She hasn't delivered yet, the convo was about my having a c-section.

:shrug: I guess some people are just more accepting than me on being told how any woman's vagina should be used, by a member of the opposite sex, as long as their opinion is the same.

im sorry but that made me giggle :winkwink:

I guess the man just realises what the vagina is naturally for lol. Of course things don't always go as planned xx

Awh I think what he said is fine, there's just no other way he could have worded it haha. I think it's just the word.. hehe x

Sounds like a perfectly normal follow on from your convo to me. You make it out like he randomly started to talk about YOUR vagina when all he said was his wife was having a vaginal birth instead in response to you having said you had a planned section... :

He didn't just say about
His wife he said woman should have a natural birth which I don't find a normal bit of convosation especially with a stranger I think it's quite insensitive to say that to a woman who you have no idea why they had to have a section in the first place

Sounds like a perfectly normal follow on from your convo to me. You make it out like he randomly started to talk about YOUR vagina when all he said was his wife was having a vaginal birth instead in response to you having said you had a planned section... :

He didn't just say about
His wife he said woman should have a natural birth which I don't find a normal bit of convosation especially with a stranger I think it's quite insensitive to say that to a woman who you have no idea why they had to have a section in the first place

I had to have a section with my twins and I don't find it offensive, given a choice I totally would have gone for natural, like my eldest was, but it was the best way for me and the twins, I would have lost one at least, of course sections have a place, I doubt if his wife needed a section he would be against it.

I would be interested to know what people here would think if he had said he thinks every woman should breastfeed? Or if every woman should wean at 6 months. Or should vaccinate. Not vaccinate. Go back to work. Stay at home. We all have subjects that are personal and sensitive for our own personal reasons, and I think if I had of had a c section and just told that person that I wouldn't like them to say to me I should have done it naturally, the fact it is a man, who will never give birth himself naturally nor even know yet if that is how his child would be born would aggravate me further- maybe that's irrational. I gave birth naturally, vaginally, whatever, but I can see the inapproptiateness abs sensitivity here, my husband knows it is healthier to give birth naturally if there are no stand out risks in doing so...would he bring this up to someone who just said they were having and have had a c section...no, he's not socially inept.

I get what you mean but I'm sure he didn't mean it in a creepy way lol x

Oh but I think I'd definitely feel slightly awkward after that comment

I would be interested to know what people here would think if he had said he thinks every woman should breastfeed? Or if every woman should wean at 6 months. Or should vaccinate. Not vaccinate. Go back to work. Stay at home. We all have subjects that are personal and sensitive for our own personal reasons, and I think if I had of had a c section and just told that person that I wouldn't like them to say to me I should have done it naturally, the fact it is a man, who will never give birth himself naturally nor even know yet if that is how his child would be born would aggravate me further- maybe that's irrational. I gave birth naturally, vaginally, whatever, but I can see the inapproptiateness abs sensitivity here, my husband knows it is healthier to give birth naturally if there are no stand out risks in doing so...would he bring this up to someone who just said they were having and have had a c section...no, he's not socially inept.

Yep deffo a little insensitive, wouldn't say it is creepy though. I wouldn't mind any of those things being discussed with me though, I don't think being a man should mean he has less of an opinion.

She hasn't delivered yet, the convo was about my having a c-section.

The way I read it, the convo was about childbirth, he had an opinion on childbirth and it wasn't out of context at all to the conversation topic.

Well actually I agree with op call me old fashioned but if a stranger said that to me I would probably feel a bit embarrassed but I guess that's just me. He could have quiet easily said naturally instead plus I'd be more offended that he said I think all women should give birth vaginally. Well I hope his wifes birth goes smoothly but unfortunately it's not always the case!

Youll probably find the bloke was just passing on and echoeing his wifes views and just wanted to make it soynd like he knew what he was talking about.
Hes probably seen his wife have the same conversation a hundred times to witch no one batted an eyelide at the term vaginaly, he was probably just happy to be part of a conversation about his unborn child whete he got to do the talking rather then sitting there while his wife answered everything.

I do find the whole "you dont have a oppinion and dont know what your talking about because you dont have those parts" thing funny though, should I have said the same thing to my male midewife.

I dont think he could win with that, some people dont like a vaginal birth call naturally.

Well actually I agree with op call me old fashioned but if a stranger said that to me I would probably feel a bit embarrassed but I guess that's just me. He could have quiet easily said naturally instead plus I'd be more offended that he said I think all women should give birth vaginally. Well I hope his wifes birth goes smoothly but unfortunately it's not always the case!

Sadly its a dammed if you do, dammed if you dont type situation.
If you phrase it as natural birth there are plenty of women that get funny about that, one more then one occasion iv heard a comeback along the lines of "oh so im not natural, you think I didnt realy give birth"
Sometimes its just better to stay away from the whole subject :)
Never discuss politics, religion, football or how a mother raises her children :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->