Did any of you ladies get a BFN before you got a BFP with you LO?

ericacaca

TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know this bit on the forum is about babies, not about baby making but I really need to ask you ladies about TTC experiences.... :wacko:

Did any of you have this?

Pregnancy symptoms a few days before AF is due but a BFN when you test 2 - 3 days earlier?

I am nauseous, my areola have gotten bigger, sore boobs, back ache, weird stabbing pains, constipation but a BFN this morning.... I used these Boots brand digital tests, should I just get a normal First Response one in case?

I think I'm going to wait until next week to retest. But did this happen to anyone else? And did you get a BFP or was AF just being very mean and late that month?

Thanks ladies

Erica xxx

Me! I had a bfn the first time I tested when I was actually 4+2. I got my bfp 4 days later when I was 4+6. I also had signs that I was pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp soon :flower:

Me! I had a bfn the first time I tested when I was actually 4+2. I got my bfp 4 days later when I was 4+6. I also had signs that I was pregnant.

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp soon :flower:

Thank you, its driving me crazy thinking am I just symptom spotting! They're all the same signs as I had with #1 - but with him we found out quite early on! Argh!

I 'knew' I was pregnant however I waited till my AF date to test and it came up BFN. But I just knew it was wrong, so I waited 5 more days and tested again and it came up BFP.

I 'knew' I was pregnant however I waited till my AF date to test and it came up BFN. But I just knew it was wrong, so I waited 5 more days and tested again and it came up BFP.

Thanks Laura, I hope I "know" too! Just a bit gutted that these symptoms could just be AF coming back with a vengeance and getting back in the swing of regularity after BF!

I did with my 2nd.

I knew I was pregnant and took a test a few days before AF was due and it was negative. I wasn't actually 100% when AF was due though as I had only had one after stopping BF and I was very irregular before.

My nipples had gone dark again and I felt bloated and kept doing really stupid things (like nearly setting the kitchen on fire!) so I was pretty sure I was pregnant.

I waited about another week before I did another and it was positive.

Happened to me both times. With my LO I tested on May 21st 2012, BFN. Then retested on the 25th and got a BFP.

With the last pregnancy, I tested June 24th 2013, BFN. Then again on June 28th, BFP.

Both times, actually got BFN after AF was due with my LO because my cycle was wacky, took till AF was, I think, a week late before I got a BFP.

This time, BFN day AF was due, faint BFP at two days late.

Yes with dd1. Id had a lot of fluid and it wasnt fmu. Bfp 3 days later

Thanks ladies.... 4 BFNs then the week after when I was around 3 days late I caved and took another test a few days earlier than I said I would to and in seconds it gave me a BFP! :happydance: Woohoo! xxx

I have two BFNs, one crawling around and eating crud in my living room now, the other watching Disney Jr.

I got a BFN the day AF was due and the day after, I didn't get a Positive until 5+0

I tested at 4dpo & got a bfn, then tested again at 11dpo (and was 3 days late for af) & got a bfp.

I had a negative till the day I thought my period was due, but turned out I was actually only 6dpo and I had a long cycle this time around. I had only had 3 periods since stopped nursing my son, and my cycles were 28 days and 35 days, I thought it regulated but nope. So your dates could be off of ovulation if you are not tracking!

Thanks ladies.... 4 BFNs then the week after when I was around 3 days late I caved and took another test a few days earlier than I said I would to and in seconds it gave me a BFP! :happydance: Woohoo! xxx

Congrats! :)

congrats!!! I had BFN 10dpo, BFP 12dpo

Congrats :D How lovely!

I had a BNP 10 DPO and that was with my twins! I only tested again when AF was late a day, as she never usually is. xxx

yes, with number 3....I'd had a loss a few months before and just knew I was pregnant. I got 2 BFN's, my husband thought I was losing the plot and then I got a bfp on a Monday when he was at work.....left the + test where I knew he'd see it when he got home. We were stoked!!!
Good luck and please let us know!!

Congrats on your bfp! Do you think it was the boots test that was wrong? I'm in a similar situation and had 2 bfn so far with boots own digital! I'm not 100% sure when af is due as only had one cycle since stopping breast feeding! I have tons of symptoms I'm almost certain I'm pregnant! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->