Did anyone have a gender preference with their first?

To be honest, I didn't really care. OH wanted a boy and so did his family. My family and best friend wanted LO to be a girl. I wanted a girl cause I ALWAYS wanted a girl, from the time I was like 2 and played with dolls! My boyfriends a mechanic, so really into cars, dirt biking, etc. - all that boy stuff so he really wanted a boy. Since this baby wasn't planned and is our first I really wanted him to get his boy and be happy - but at the same time I wanted a girl. I spent so much time convincing him that there was a possiblity it's a girl, that I think I convinced myself it was a girl too :haha: When I found out he was in fact a he, I was happy, and estatic for OH. I didn't really care, as this is my first and I've always wanted an older brother. I keep telling OH that I'm getting my girl at some point though. Whether or not I have to have 15 boys first or not. :)

All three pregnancies I have wanted a girl.

My first I wanted a girl, but new very quickly after I found out I was pregnant that he would be a boy and I was right. No big deal, ideally a boy then a girl is what would have been preferred!

My second I was sure I was having a girl, alas our little Tigger came to be lol.

This time I feel it is another girl, but I can no longer trust my intuition LOL!!

Good luck either way. =)

This sound's just like me LOL!!

My first i wanted a girl and was convinced he was, was a little shocked when they said "it's a boy" at my 20 week scan and it took me a week to get my head around it. (this is the reason i like to find out what i'm having)

Number 2 i wanted a girl and truly thought he was too!!!

This pregnancy i have lost faith in my intuition too and i'am excpecting to be told at 20 weeks baby is another boy!!!

Didn't see this until now! I didn't have gender disappointment with my first, it took 4 years to conceive him so a baby was a baby too me lol!

With my second it lasted all of 10 seconds before the excitement set in, but only because I knew I could try again. (As I've said elsewhere already).

This time I am SO EFFING DESPERATE for this baby to be a girl! I think I need the baby to be, for myself, for my son and for my husband. Our son has behavioral issues, we've had a lot of struggle. He loves his little brother but keeps saying if it's another boy he's going to fight it. He needs a little sister, I can't exactly explain why. I feel like another boy is somehow going to affect our family negatively... I know I will always want to be pregnant again and I don't want to feel like that forever, but I know I will never get over it not having a little girl!!

But I've been trying to prepare myself for the "It's a boy!" phrase again. I keep telling myself "You never get what you want in life, why would you now?!". Ahhh. I'm terrified to find out, but I know I need to. I will love this baby regardless... I'm just so effing desperate. And people just seem to make jokes about it, I've become a big joke with my desire for a daughter... No one around me understands. :nope:

I was determined I was having a boy, even though my first instinct was i was having a girl, then as my OH made out he wanted a boy and everyone else thought baby was a boy too, I think I thought this as my family is full of girls and wanted to be different.
When I had my gender scan and turned out baby was a girl, I thought OH would be gutted as all he mentioned was boy, but he took it better then me and was over the moon! I do hope if we have more babies, that I have a boybut we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->