Did I 100% miscarry?

cattyl

Reaction score
I went it for my first check up at what I believed to be 7w2d. They saw no yolk, no heartbeat, and said the sac was measuring at about 5w5d and this was likely a miscarriage. They then drew blood and called the next day delighted that my HCG levels were 36,000 and putting me at around 6w5d. I then did follow up blood work 48 hrs later, and my numbers only increased to about 41,000. The Dr. said he is 99.9% sure this is a miscarriage. I would prefer to have a D&C and move forward, if this is truly not a viable pregnancy, but I need to be 100% sure. Is this 100% or is there anything they may have overlooked? I'm going in tomorrow, so please reply soon if you have any thoughts. I'm not in denial, and I'm not unrealistically hopeful-- I just need to be sure so I can move forward. Many thanks.

Ask as many questions as u can romps. Don't go for the d & c untill ur 100% u don't want to spend the next few months thinking what if xxxx

my baby was 11 weeks and dead, we saw it on the scan, perfect but still, no heartbeat and no blood transfer. i still wonder what if. my head knows the baby was dead but sometimes i just think if i had just waited ... anyway, dont do anything until you know that baby doesnt have a chance. i know nothing of blood results but you dont want to spend your life wandering.

i would say the same as others hun..
i had my scan and sac was there measuring 4-5weeks but nothing in it and i wouldnt do anything untill i had a scan a week later when my body had absorbed it..but i could never had lived with myself if i had intervened..
my bloods were under 1 hun so i knew deep down there was no hope but i still choice to wait that extra week just to make to sure and i so glad i did now..
you do what ever you feel is best for you..
but your bloods are still rising hun so theres a little hope..
i hope i aint blabbered on too much

I never had any bloods taken when they confirmed my mmc. I had a scan at 7+3 but baby was measuring 5+6. They said that they thought it was likely that I had had a mmc, but that to be sure I would have to have a scan 10 days later to compare measurements and see whether the baby was growing. The later scan showed smaller measurements and so it was confirmed as a failed pregnancy.

I don't know much about bloods, so personally would rather them look at the baby and check physical measurements instead of going off a hormone level in my body.

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->