did it work for you?

Dizzy321

very proud mammy to 3!
Reaction score
maybe i will get more answers if i post this here :)
for those who had a sweep did it work for you?
and if it worked how long afterwards did things start?
thank you! xxx

yep ish. they tried but said cervix wasnt ready so couldnt do it properly, and that i wouldnt go into labour by myself, would need to be induced the following week (was already a week late) - i had one the week earlier and it didnt work.

That night i decided to go to the gym and walk on treadmil, was so upset needed to be doing something, had first contraction on the treadmil, that was about 9.00 -9.30 , had atempted sweep at around 2pm.

ask for one, i dont think they hurt if your bodies getting there it just gives it a little help and if not, then theres no harm in trying. good luck with the birth, hope all goes well. keep us posted on your little bundle

I was 12 days overdue with Harry and i had 5 sweeps in total!!!! Although that sort of shows that they didnt work, after the 5th one i started having contractions just half hour after it so the last one did work. I guess i just wasnt ready with the others xx Good luck xx

aww thanks !! I actually had a sweep today : ) just wondering if anything will happen, he said my cervix was 'not bad' but not really favourable...he could get one finger right in and had a good sweep around (sorry tmi) fingers crossed

After i started having them i researched DIY sweeps and started having a go myself!!! :rofl: I even enroled my hubby for his help doing it in the end i was so desperate to go into labour!!!! :rofl:
fingers crossed!!

haha sam! dont think I could do that, I was so squeemish when the doc was doing it today lol i am getting desparate x

i had one on christmas eve didnt do nothing was induced boxing day good luck x

It didn't work for me
But i walked and walked and walked for almost 2 weeks (i mean 30min a day at least ,not 2 weeks non-stop,lol)and then it worked !

Hey there!

I had 1 sweep, Oscar was due on the 6th March and I had my sweep on Thurs 13th March. I was admitted to the labour ward on the fri 14th March at 7.30pm (3cm dilated) Oscar was born @ 8.28am Sat morning 15th March!

I would say the sweep sped things up for me, as I was already having niggles through the Weds night I would have thought that would have helped make the sweep more successful in my case.

Hope it works for you!

All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"