Did the first trimester make anyone else feel ugly?!

pradabooties

Reaction score
This might be a silly question considering the 100 actually serious things on my 5 week pregnant brain but really... its like since I became pregnant I've caught a bad case of ugly!

I've been breaking out, my face is washed out and pale, I've gained weight and I'm bloated. My face is puffy. Putting on make up somehow doesn't even seem to help, it doesn't sit properly and just makes me look more exhausted somehow!

I feel really ugly and awful - which doesn't help when I'm already so emotional and exhausted and nauseous! Has anyone else felt this way during early pregnancy? I'm really hoping I don't feel / look this way for the whole 9 months.

I am excited to get a bump and obviously not ridiculous enough to be concerned about that or the weight gain but I just can't believe how washed out and awful my skin looks and my face is just lifeless. Is there any hope for a glow?

The glow usually doesn't set in until later, more like the second trimester. The first tri, most women feel so sick all the time, and it's really hard to look great when you're constantly ill. I have been really self conscious because I have gotten horrible acne - and it's mostly up and down my right upper arm. No idea why there, but I have to wear long sleeves to cover it up - and it is supposed to be in the 70s Fahrenheit all next week, so I either have to wear long sleeves and be boiling hot, or wear short sleeves and try to cover it with makeup that will inevitably come off. My makeup also isn't sitting right on my face, no matter what I do, the makeup settles into my pores and falls right off the rest of my skin. I never used to have this problem. I think the increased hormones are messing with my skin.

At any rate, try to not feel bad about it, and maybe go get a facial to help with the skin.

The glow usually doesn't set in until later, more like the second trimester. The first tri, most women feel so sick all the time, and it's really hard to look great when you're constantly ill. I have been really self conscious because I have gotten horrible acne - and it's mostly up and down my right upper arm. No idea why there, but I have to wear long sleeves to cover it up - and it is supposed to be in the 70s Fahrenheit all next week, so I either have to wear long sleeves and be boiling hot, or wear short sleeves and try to cover it with makeup that will inevitably come off. My makeup also isn't sitting right on my face, no matter what I do, the makeup settles into my pores and falls right off the rest of my skin. I never used to have this problem. I think the increased hormones are messing with my skin.

At any rate, try to not feel bad about it, and maybe go get a facial to help with the skin.

Ugh, yes! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling this way but at the same time I'm glad to not be alone. My make up is doing exactly the same! And I'm quite pedantic and into make up so it is quite frustrating when you just know you're looking off. I am glad its not just a case of me not suiting pregnancy and hopefully it can improve, I hope both of us feel better soon!

I've been breaking out like crazy! I didn't break out like this in middle or high school. I've tried everything, and from doing so much washing/toner I now have flaky dry skin and oily pimples, so makeup is a rare occurrence now. We took an impromptu trip to Chicago for a little babymoon before our lives get hectic this summer with work/family & friend gatherings and I did my makeup and it worked for the morning. Bloating has been bad and so has other, more embarrassing symptoms. I'm hoping since we're close to the second tri that things will calm down a little on the bad symptom front. The best thing I've done when I'm having a pretty bad day is to take a hot shower and have a mini-spa day to myself to relax and regroup. I remind myself that this is the most beautiful reason to feel so ugly. You're definitely not alone! :hugs:

I've been breaking out like crazy! I didn't break out like this in middle or high school. I've tried everything, and from doing so much washing/toner I now have flaky dry skin and oily pimples, so makeup is a rare occurrence now. We took an impromptu trip to Chicago for a little babymoon before our lives get hectic this summer with work/family & friend gatherings and I did my makeup and it worked for the morning. Bloating has been bad and so has other, more embarrassing symptoms. I'm hoping since we're close to the second tri that things will calm down a little on the bad symptom front. The best thing I've done when I'm having a pretty bad day is to take a hot shower and have a mini-spa day to myself to relax and regroup. I remind myself that this is the most beautiful reason to feel so ugly. You're definitely not alone! :hugs:

Thanks so much for this response. What a relief to not be alone! I do hope things settle down for you soon. A home spa day is a great idea! I think I may do that tomorrow :)

Yes! Even without breakouts I think the over all exhausted and nauseous feeling that lasted throughout first trimester has that effect!

Honestly, today is the first day I've felt pretty since maybe a week or so after getting my bfp!

My mom bought me a whole load of mat clothes, some of which I didn't quite need yet, but it was so nice to have nice new soft clothes that went on with ease, without tugging or adjusting to try and squeeze into. I'm in my twelfth week now so getting some energy back, diclectin masked the gagging feeling for me today. It was finally a good day ! But it took till week 12 to feel like this again!

I just feel exhausted constantly. I have a toddler who still doesn't sleep through and wakes for the day very early. I'm constantly on countdown to bedtime! I feel bloated and a mess! Looking forward to when
I get some more energy :)

I just feel exhausted constantly. I have a toddler who still doesn't sleep through and wakes for the day very early. I'm constantly on countdown to bedtime! I feel bloated and a mess! Looking forward to when
I get some more energy :)

Hands up... me!
Even though I'm 30, I still suffer with hormonal breakouts, so I'm like a crazy spotty teenager during pregnancy with no let up :-(
Bloated, washed out, walking with a limp as spd is making a quick reappearance and last night I felt so rough I couldn't sleep, got up projectile vomited all over the bathroom and wet myself at same time (second baby, and I'm sick with such force I can't stop it..)
I was about to burst into tears so my gorgeous husband sent me back to bed and it took him 30 mins to clean it up. Sexy is not on my agenda :-(
Then again I'm still not as bad as last time so I'll take it! ;-)

me :( I am broken out all over my face! I find new ones every day and it's disgusting. My hair feels limp, lifeless, and greasy after just one day of washing, my face constantly feels greasy, and my skin is all pale and washed out, and I'm fair skinned to begin with, so I basically look like the walking dead. And with all the fatigue, I have giant bags under my eyes.

I'm about 9 weeks and I feel grim I'm constantly struggling to keep my eyes open I've broke out bad I've gained like 7 lbs nothin fits and this is baby no 4 I need a nap now and I haven't done anything yet :(

Im with you ladies! What's with the grease pit on my head?! 😁 the highlights I got recently seemed to have disappeared too?! Plus I'm finding it hard to go to sleep at night and then I wake up early with a ton of nervous energy (which quickly turns into exhaustion) so I look tired and drained. And I haven't hit the MS faze yet! 😩
Here's to a glowing 2nd tri!!

I get a charming thing called hyper pigmentation its a cracker, essentially I look like I have dark stains around then sides of my mouth :D and foundation won't help, makes it look worse so yeah I feel lovely.

I pretty much feel this way. I've gotten to the point where I don't even really care. Lol. I don't remember feeling this way with my boys. Im assuming for me because it's my third pregnancy I'm just extra exhausted and don't have time to take care of myself like I maybe did before.

Jessica I get the pregnancy mask with every pregnancy too! Mines under both eyes right above my cheekbones. It's oh so attractive. I'm trying to keep my face really protected from the sun so it doesn't get too bad. Lol

Hello mommyb its a pain in the arse isn't it! Factor 30 for me too....

I pretty much feel this way. I've gotten to the point where I don't even really care. Lol. I don't remember feeling this way with my boys. Im assuming for me because it's my third pregnancy I'm just extra exhausted and don't have time to take care of myself like I maybe did before.

Maybe you're having a girl this time! 🎀🎀🎀

Maybe you're having a girl this time! 🎀🎀🎀

I feel like it could be a girl actually. But I still feel like my odds are on a boy since I already have two. Lol

Yep, I definitely feel ugly right now - bloated and nothing fits right, tired, breaking out and oily but somehow dry too, and so so tired all the time. Just a lovely sight to behold.

just as things were starting to become normal again I was hit with a HUGE cold sore that feels like it takes up half my lip. I'm a 911 dispatcher so I'm going to be talking on the radio all night at work, this is going to hurt like none other. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->