Did the first trimester make anyone else feel ugly?!

Ughh me too, today was one of the first days I actually really got dressed in a few days, after taking my son to preschool in sweatpants with a grease stain and a pullover sweatshirt because I was too tired to finish doing the laundry last night. My face is breaking out too and I look washed out and my hair is ridiculous. I barely have the energy each day to get in the shower let alone wash my hair. Today I got out of the house though and got dressed in normal clothes and I felt so much better that even my bloated muffin top couldn't get me down. I didn't feel like this in either of my two first pregnancies, i had the glow right away. The old wives tale does say that baby girls steal your beauty! We will see how that goes..

ugh me too! this is my first (im 9 weeks) and im grateful because i haven't really had any morning sickness or any serious symptoms but i feel SO bloated and i think ive already gained like 5 lbs.

i read somewhere youre not really supposed to gain weight in the first tri...im so new to this... is that true? :dohh:

im hoping its just water weight or something and i started off with a healthy weight so i know its not that big of a deal, but it sure makes me feel insecure...

not to mention thrilled to be going to the beach....not!

Yep I feel gross! Hair is greasy everyday, limp and lifeless. Skin is dry in places and like a swimming pool is others 😞😂. And the sweats are nasty. Feel like my energy levels and on a low all the time. So I can't be bothered to make an effort. When I do my make up ends up only on my chin coz its slipped down it after being on half an hour. So what's the point. Bring on 2nd tri! 😩😂😝 xx

me :( I am broken out all over my face! I find new ones every day and it's disgusting. My hair feels limp, lifeless, and greasy after just one day of washing, my face constantly feels greasy, and my skin is all pale and washed out, and I'm fair skinned to begin with, so I basically look like the walking dead. And with all the fatigue, I have giant bags under my eyes.

That sounds word for word what I'm going through too! I'm also already very fair skinned so when I say washed out I mean I look lifeless! My hair is awful too, I never imagined being pregnant would give me constant bad hair days! :( Glad to hear from others that it should improve at the end of the first trimester

Ladies thank you so much for all your replies!!! It sounds like we truly are all suffering together. By the sounds of things it does get better in the second trimester so I hope thats the case for all of us.

Does anyone know about if you gain water weight easily in the first trimester? I've gained weight already at around 5 weeks but haven't even been eating extra at all! Possibly even eating less actually because of the food aversions

For the first time in a week yesterday I put a LARGE amount of effort into my make up and clothes and did feel quite better but by the end of the day I was still washed out, make up is really just having no impact. I guess I should be grateful I haven't thrown up (yet)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->