Did you ever have an interesting way...

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
in which you found out you were pregnant?

When OH and I were planning for a child, I fell pregnant, it was confirmed by the doctor and I miscarried the following day.

3 months later I thought I miscarried again. Doctor sent me for an ultrasound.

During the ultrasound I was asked and asked and asked again "When was your last period?" That's when I knew that they saw something and I must be pregnant. They never told me why they were asking.

Sure enough, I got a positive home pregnancy test.........and thus my little girl Amanda.

We had been trying for a baby for 9 months but had moved into our own place and I sort of forgot all about it. I got up for a wee at about 6am one Sunday morning and I have no idea why....but I went to the cupboard (I was still half asleep) and took out a pregnancy test that I had bought about 4 months previously and took it to the toilet with me. I did the test, put the cap on and washed my hands then I picked up the test (as if to just throw it in the bin) and was gobsmacked to see :bfp:

I ran around screaming

"oh my god, oh my god, oh my god":wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Jumped on hubby and showed him and we cried with shock and excitement:cloud9:

I have no idea what made me go and get that test as I had no idea and didn't even know when my last period was, I didn't think it was late or anything.

....I have to be honest though, it wasn't a happy ending as I gave birth to Thomas 2 days after Xmas 6wks premature and unfortunately he didn't survive but I still think fondly of the way I found out and remember the shock and excitement like it was yesterday:sadangel:. He's still my special little boyO:)

Wow! That's an interesting story.

So sorry for your loss hon! :hug:

I went and lived in Cyprus for a while on my own after A-Level results, and before I was due to start at university. I stayed there for 3 months, and had a lot of hip pain whilst there. When I came back for university, I went to the doctor. He said there wasn't anything wrong, but my mum is a nurse and insisted that he had to send me for some tests. He reluctantly agreed to send me for x-rays and blood tests to see. I went for those and a few days later was called with the results. The doctor called on the Friday and said he'd found a 'foetal skeleton' in my x-rays and asked when I could come in. In a lot of shock, I said I'd go in after the weekend on the Monday. I did so, and he checked for heartbeat, and found one. I refused to listen to it as I hadn't been able to come to terms with it. He thought I was about 16 weeks pregnant at that point (I'd experienced no symptoms and had been having my periods, been on the pill, etc, no bump). He sent a midwife to my house the next day who guessed at 18 weeks. I went for a scan the day after that and I was 23 WEEKS pregnant at that stage. It was quite a shock, having had no build-up, and the original doctor not thinking it was anything at all (bearing in mind I had been in my underwear to have my hips and spine felt in the original consultation. Ryan's a year old next week and I wouldn't have wanted to change my life for anything. :) x

Chemical pregnancies and 1 ectopic ...I'd given up! we were moving and before we moved for a new start I ended my contact with my Mum (so much stress) then I found out I was PG! I bled and was sure all the way through I would lose Caitlin :( I was an emotional mental wreck but shes here :cloud9:

This pregnancy ...all things consider with my past how shocked that the 'only takes once' would EVER apply to me :| TTC then decided to wait until after a summer bbq and birthdays .....so back to WTT went out with cousin on the piss felt VERY sick the next day (quite unlike me) and after a weird feeling barmy I thought I was testing! Waving my stick at the OH who was in bed happily dreaming "look what YOU did" lol

I guess the interesting part of it for me is liek I said after our history ...shocked!

how shocked that the 'only takes once' would EVER apply to me

:dohh:If I follow on from my sad story above. A few weeks after Thomas' funeral I felt strangely nauseaus everytime it was a mealtime....turns out that 1 comforting cuddle led to my precious daughter Lauren being conceived:dohh:. (she's the biggest child on my avatar:cloud9:). I was gonna buy a puppy the day I found out....for a bit of company, good job I didn't find the right one:rofl:

So effectively I am the mother of two 6 yrear olds right now but they're not twins....Thomas would have been 7 on the 27th Dec, how weird is that:blush:

I had so much going on that I was completely ignorant to the fact that I was pregnant. :dohh: We were staying with family for a couple of months while trying to find a place. I was transferring jobs, and we were going on vacation to Mexico. Right before my vacation, I remember telling my boss that I better get AF before vacation so that I'm not on it while we are there. Didn't think anything when we went on vacation and AF was MIA. We got back, and I started getting so sick. To the point where I couldn't get out of bed all day unless to run to the bathroom. I thought I caught some crazy flu in Mexico and I was dying! Went to the doc, they said I was fine. Went again, they gave me nausea pills and said I was fine. Finally it dawned on me that AF hadn't shown up, so I bought a test. At 10pm I sat in the bathroom watching that second line appear, and felt such a calm. Everything seemed right, and DH stayed up til like 3am talking about our baby, who is sleeping in her crib now.. :cloud9:

I was due to start a course of treatment for my Arthritis. Consultant asked me if there was any chance at all that I could be pregnant. I said there was possibly a small chance. I was asked to go home and check that evening before I could start the course as the medication was dangerous to foetuses.

So I tested and was utterly gobsmacked at BFP. We were elated too!! Hooray for the horror of Arthritis!! xx

I was laying in bed and I couldn't sleep, and you know when you cant sleep your brain just flicks through random information... in this flicking I couldn't remember my last period and after about 15 minutes of wondering I thought, damnit, I'll just get up and do a pregnancy test at 11pm without telling my OH, get a negative and go back to bed. Good plan, right?

When I got a :bfp: I went into denial, I didn't want to get excited and it be wrong, so I didn't say anything until the next day! We got another test and another positive... yay!

Then when working out dates, it turned out I wasn't even late for a period yet, somehow I just knew I was pregnant! I would have only JUST been pregnant, I'm supprised the test even worked.

i found out in the disabled toilet of tescos at 11.30 at night hehe. i'd been in work all day where i used to be keyholder/deputymanager and one of my bestfriends worked with me at the time, and i'd been having the pains but no period, so i said to him, what would you do if your girlfriend said she thought she might be pregnant? and he was like :o are you? and i said i think i might be, so off to tescos we went after work i got a big bottle of oasis and some cheesestrings and we sat on the bench and waited until i needed ot go, so off i wen to the toilet, and it was one of the clearblue tests and i didnt know what to expect but when i saw the hourglass turn to pregnant i burst into tears and ran out to him and gave him the stick and poor boy the cap fell off hehe! so that was it.

I turned mental on new years eve, ended up throwing tomato ketchup all over my OH and my kitchen in a mental rage, bawling my eyes out for nothing! The next morning when I woke I felt sick thinking I was hungover - had to hit macdonalds, £20's worth of food later I felt a little better! The next day I was back to work felt a bit sick and I thought 'Hmmm, no AF since Nov' which TBH wasn't unusual for me. POAS and there it was :happydance: I had taken one inbetween xmas and new year and got :bfn:which is why I went out and got trolleyed!!!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->