Did you have to be cut or tear? x

Hey hun I have had 3 vaginal birth 7lbs 14-8lbs and i have never been cut or tear. Perineal massage whenever i would remember and mw used warm compress while i was pushing. (hospital births) all my babies were sunny side up first also had hand to head presentation

Mine was 5lbs 8oz, 15 minutes of actual pushing to get her out, no tear or cut but she did graze me in the clitoral area! Had a couple of stitches but never felt them. Hurt sooo bad to pee for the first 2 days. Getting the stitches done wasn't too bad, you are caught up in the moment and my doctor was very fluid and routine with what she did.

Lane was born at 7 pounds, and I had a small second-degree tear, plus some "hairline" ones. But there is nothing second-degree or hairline about it when the urine hits the spot!!! Owwww!

Not sure if you want to hear mine, I had to be cut and got a 4th degree tear and nearly 5 months on and 2 surgurys klater I am stil suffering and need another op cos I have a fistula from the tear not healing right! What happend to me was very rare though I was just unlucky I had a crap doctor on.

I had a 9lb 5oz baby with a big head lol and I did tear, 2nd degree (I think? - muscle and skin), but not from his head as I managed to relax and breathe through it and I'd done plenty of perineal massage, also was in a good position (hands and knees, though a little more upright). He tore me when he shimmied his shoulders as they were being born, impatient little munchkin. I didn't feel it at all, and I was like you, scared of not winding up intact. I panicked when the MW said she'd need to stitch me but I didn't feel that either, she just put a little local anaesthetic in and I chatted with my Mom to distract me.

My recovery was okay, bit sore, and had to be careful not to shuffle my bum along before getting up IYKWIM? as that put pressure on the wound. I had lots of baths (at least one if not two or three each day) with lavender oil mixed with a bit of milk in them to help soothe and heal. Best advice I got was to lean forwards when you wee lol otherwise urine on broken skin stings like buggery. I can still feel a little scar tissue there, which is odd but it's not really causing any issues. I also got grazed on the inside of my labia minora and that stung more in the following days than the stitches did.

I did perineum massage and 'breathed' my baby out (trying not to push) per the hypnobirthing techniques. Still got a second degree perineal tear and a small tear 'upward' tear which was the worst while peeing! Also some grazes. All my skin stitches fell out after 2 days, so they did not hold things together at all and it's fairly gaping down there. My doctor said I can fix it when I'm done having children if it bothers me.. So far hasnt bothered me but haven't tried to DTD yet so we'll see!

I found getting the stitches terrible and more painful than actually giving birth! Even with the numbing shots it was awful. So I was definitely PO'ed when the stitches failed. Took almost 2 weeks for the burning while peeing to stop.. The squirt bottle was awesome and I wiped with witch hazel moistioned toilet paper, and used a tea tree oil spray a few times a day.

my son was 6lb 6oz and i tore down there and needed stitches.

DS scratched me on his way out, he had his arm by his head and i had to have stitches for that. DD did the same but it wasnt as bad and didnt require anything x

ETA: DS was 8lb 1.5 DD was 6lb 4 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"