Did you have to be cut or tear? x

9lb 15oz with a big 3rd degree tear, it hurt like I couldn't imagine when they tried to move my legs but then I got taken to theater, given a spinal (bliss :haha:) and stitched and after that all was good! Recovery was fine, it didn't hurt to pee, I was given laxatives to make pooping OK as I had lots of stitches in my bott bott and that was fine too. If you are sore they'll give you painkillers, they really help! I was really quite scared about tearing but honestly it was totally fine. I had 50+ stitches but it certainly didn't feel like it!

i had a large tear, needed a running stitch. didnt affect my recovery too much!

Louie was 7lbs11oz and I didn't tear or need to be cut, just a lot of bad grazing. I did actually have a labial tear which I was told later should have been stitched but nevermind, it just looks a bit different down there now. x

I had to be cut - got a 2nd degree episiotomy. Didnt feel it while she cut me but afterwards it hurt bad for a few days and going #2 in the bathroom the first time was scary -- make sure to drink lots of water so you dont get constipated! But then it was fine.. warm baths and tucks helped alot.

i needed 3/4 stitches.

Honestly, if my dr. didn't tell me i had them i would have NEVER known.

my son was 7lb 5oz and I didn't tear or cut, however I pushed for over an hour with no pain relief and let me tell you it hurt very badly. I couldn't have proper sex for like 5 months after because it literally felt too small down there and there was no chance dh could get in lol. on the plus side its all good now and everything feels the same as post childbirth

Yes, had a 1st degree tear, needed stitches but considering my son was 9lb 7oz and had a massive head I was pretty lucky! x

I only had 1st degree tears which didn't need stitching.

Thanks for all your replies! I had my little guy on Sunday and I didn't need to be stitched or anything - only had a slight graze :happydance:. He was 7 lb 1 ounce :) xxx

I had a 2nd degree tare and it hurt like hell, had stitches inside and out. Couldnt walk for weeks and it didnt help having spd along with it.

I had a second degree tear due to needing to push the baby out too quickly due to her heart rate dropping and meconium....so I didn't have the time to let myself stretch around her head.

I had several small tears also and required 22 stitches in all....it's been 9 days post partum and I'll be honest, it still hurts and stings like hell, but is healing....and the tear didn't hurt too bad and I didn't feel the stitches when she put the in.

I took a look with a mirror, and it really doesn't look too bad...lol

DS1 was a EMCS sodoesnt count LOl

My VBAC 17 months later left me with something so small it didn't need stitches, so more of a labial abrasion than a tear.

NO damage to my perineum at all.

Slow pushing in my own time is what did the trick.

I tore, but i had a 8lbs baby and i have a tiny frame. They thought she was going to be 6lbs lol

i had a 4th degree tear. Madison was only 6 pounds 3 oz but her heart rate dropped while i was pushing and they wanted to get her out immediately so she was born with the forceps to assist but i really didn't feel anything because i had an epi. i have 30 stitches and im not sure how many inside but i did tear through my perineum. im now 6 days pp and i have alot of swelling and discomfort when i have to go to the loo but nothing that will keep me from moving:p im just upset that all my feature babies have to be c- sections :/

My LO was 7lb 14oz and I needed an episiotomy and I tore twice, only one required stitches though. The episiotomy was due to forceps. My pain was quite bad afterwards, it hurt to sit, walk or do anything really..
Since about 11 days PP I have felt normal.

I had a 2nd degree tear that needed stitching. I gave birth on the 19th (so around 4 days ago) and it's not hugely painful most of the time but does sting horribly when I have a pee and feel tight and uncomfortable when I cough. I've only needed to take paracetamol a couple of times since leaving hospital though so it's not too bad! I've also felt up for going for walks- we went out round town yesterday in fact, which was about a mile all told probably. I just made sure I didn't walk too fast and took breaks, as I did late in my pregnancy anyway! To be honest, I expected to tear worse than I did! I've been known to graze just from sex and she's a fairly large baby! She was 8lb 5oz at birth with a head circumference of 36cm whilst I'm 5ft2 with a tiny torso and small frame! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

Thanks for all your replies! I had my little guy on Sunday and I didn't need to be stitched or anything - only had a slight graze :happydance:. He was 7 lb 1 ounce :) xxx

Congrats! So lucky!!!

had a cut with ds1 due to ventouse delivery and him having his arm up on his head lol , tore with ds2 and ds3 but much less with ds3 than with the others, the first 2 times i had stitches and for me they were worse than giving birth lol but local anesthetic doesnt work on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->