Did you have to be cut or tear? x

nicolefx

Reaction score
Hey everyone just looking to see if when you had your first baby if you had to be cut or had a tear .. in other words did you need stitches LOL. I'm really scared about this for some reason! Also, if you did could you say how bad it was if you have a minute and how it affected your recovery afterwards? I'm going to 'try' to make a poll :haha:. Thanks in advance :flower:. x

My 1st was 6lb 3oz. I did not tear or need to be cut. Laboured in birthing pool. Just had small graze which didn't need stitches.

Its my fiirst she was 7 lbs, 11oz and came out head then arm lol. I had a small tear 10 stitches. Didn't feel it happen and it hardly bothered me much during recovery and was completely healed in about 3/4 weeks!
I was really worried about tearing too but try not to! It's not so bad in the scheme of things and Serious tears are rare! :)

My boy was born 7lbs 9oz! I has a tear on the outside because he came with his head and both hands together! It didn't hurt. But it's just unpleasant to look at it now... I don't like it...

lucas was 8lb 3oz, i had a second degree tear which needed stitches and it did hurt but not as bad as i thought (i was terrified of stitches as i hate needles). i thought i tore because i had such a short labour but midwife said it was because i pushed when i shouldn't have :blush: and i didn't do perineal massage. it was sore for about a week, but as long as i sat on one cheek and took a jug of water to pee (both very important with stitches haha) i was okay!

oh and if you do have stitches, you'll be terrified to laugh or sneeze, but i promise you won't do any damage :rofl:

I had to be cut due to feared placental abruption. It did hurt n was uncomfortable to sit down for a while but not as bad as I'd imagined.

Phoebe was 7lbs. I didn't tear, graze, or need to be cut at all. I credit the epidural and the experienced midwife who helped Phoebe make a very slow entrance.

Labour was going fine till 8cm & Isaacs heart rate dropped so was rushed for emergency forceps. They cut me & I had 2nd degree tears.
I have 20 stitches and they are healing well.. hes 3 weeks now and i've got a small hole due to going to the toilet being a struggle. Ive had a look at the area and theyve done a neat job just the piles made me feel ewww!

Oh he weighed 6lb 14 and was 5 weeks early!

I needed an episiotomy with my eldest as his head wouldn't mould properly due to some extra bone on the back of his skull, it was something that couldn't be helped no matter what I or anyone else did. xx

With my first i didnt av a tear or cut but with this 2nd one i had a small tear but didnt need stitches

My first was 9lb and had his hand next to his head. I didn't tear, wasn't cut and had no stitches. Not sure what that says about me... :haha:

I had an episiotomy. I actually asked for them to cut me because I had been pushing for two hours and was exhausted. I healed really well and it didn't cause me any issues. I was scared about having stitches but it really was not that bad. My recovery was better than people who had a natural tear. Please don't worry as when you get to that stage you really don't care as you are so pleased to have your baby in your arms! Wishing you all the best and please try not to worryx

Hey everyone just looking to see if when you had your first baby if you had to be cut or had a tear .. in other words did you need stitches LOL. I'm really scared about this for some reason! Also, if you did could you say how bad it was if you have a minute and how it affected your recovery afterwards? I'm going to 'try' to make a poll :haha:. Thanks in advance :flower:. x

My LO was 7.14 lb, I had a small tear but I didn't feel anything tearing iykwim. I had 2-3 stitches but it wasn't bad, i was numbed first and didn't feel much. I was petrified of being cut or stitched when pregnant but honestly couldn't care less when I was pushing :thumbup: don't worry about it :hugs:

My LO was 8 lbs 12 oz and her shoulder got stuck on the way out. I had a second degree tear but I've no idea how many stitches...I just know they were down there for quite some time stitching me up. Bad as it sounds...I didn't feel it happen. I felt the "burn" when she crowned but it wasn't that horrible (I had no epidural either) and I didn't even know I'd torn. The stitching was slightly uncomfortable but I didn't care because I had my LO to look at...and recovery was uncomfortable (especially needing to sit up to nurse her) but not horrible and the majority of the pain was gone in 3 weeks and the tenderness gone by 6 weeks (just in time to DTD lol)

My LO was 7lb 15oz and refused to come out! I was pushing for 3 hours and all baby kept doing was falling asleep! :) Then his heart rate dropped so was decided i needed forceps, which meant i had to be cut. I healed really well fair enough the first two weeks were painful with regards to sitting and walking but im not sure if that would have been the same if i hadnt had stiches. But I will be honest the stiches were more painful then the labour itself!

I had to have an episiotomy as LO had been crowning for too long (20 minutes + I think) and I just couldn't push him out, the midwife said I couldn't stretch anymore lol.
I didn't have any pain relief so it did hurt when they cut me but it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it would be and the pain only lasted a few seconds. It didn't hurt when they stitched me up at all, I don't know how many stitches I had but it took quite a while.
I had to take pain killers for the first week or so (just paracetamol) and sitting down was quite sore. It probably took about 3 weeks until it stopped hurting, but if I'd rested like I was supposed to and not felt like I had to try and be superwoman and be up and about straight away, it would probably have been quicker.

Baby 1 weighed 8lbs 1.5oz - Episiotomy due to hand on head.

Baby 2 weighed 6lb 4.5oz - 2nd degree tear.

Recovery from tear was better but both healed well.

Hi ive had 3 & not torn or needed to be cut with any of them, the most i had was grazing with ds3 but he was also my biggest & quickest labour xx

LO weighed 9lb2 and I tore but didn't really feel it. Midwives were really apologetic. They weren't sure if it was second or third degree tear but dr said second - it was long but not deep. Having stitches was a bit uncomfortable but it was bearable. They healed fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->