Did you have to be cut or tear? x

I'm one of the unlucky one's I'm afraid: had to be cut, and I ended up with a 4th degree tear. I had a precipitate labour (labour only lasted 1hr 15min) and everything happened too fast.

What happened to me is very, very rare though. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :thumbup:

I had a small labial tear that needed about 3 stitches x

Just read all your replies, thanks alot for taking the time :flower:. Although the poll results aren't exactly what I had hoped for :haha:. Don't know why i'm so scared about it - I think it's mainly the thought of the recovery ... plus the fact i'm a big coward lol :nope:. If all you ladies managed then hopefully I will too - fingers crossed i'm lucky and don't need anything :dohh:. xxx

Tearing was my biggest fear, but when your in labour you are just in the zone and are so busy dealing with contractions, breathing and pushing to worry about whether you will tear or not.

Tearing was my biggest fear, but when your in labour you are just in the zone and are so busy dealing with contractions, breathing and pushing to worry about whether you will tear or not.

and on top of all this down there is so stretched you probably wouldn't feel it happen anyway.

No Cuts or tears or grazes with Either of my kids :) I just listed when They told me to push with Jaymee , and with Katherine she was born in One Push.

Both for me. Emergency forceps delivery - episiotomy and a seperate 3rd degree tear. The doctor said normally she'd expect the episiotomy to extend but I tore seperately to that.

I had a second degree tear, which was mainly because the Registrar didn't actually expect the ventouse to work :blush: So her head was born on the first "push". I don't recall my recovery from it being particularly bad at the time, but I was stitched up slightly wonky and it's causing me minor issues now :dohh:

As others have said though, at the time you're really too busy to worry about it.

My son was 8lbs 10 and a half and I had 3rd degree tears :) xxx

I had a forceps delivery & had to have an episiotomy (apparently it's standard with forceps). I have to say in all honesty, recovery was a lot harder than I expected, I couldn't sit down comfortably for at least 10 days & no matter how many times I asked, the nurses wouldn't tell me how many stitches I had =/

On the upside, I was frightened of peeing & BM's but they were manageable!

i was cut (episiotomy) but that's due to having a forceps delivery.

i had a horrible labour the first time round where baby had to be physically pulled out of me by the doctor as he was too small to be pushed out (i was 24 weeks)

my second labour i delivered an 8lb 13oz baby naturally

i didnt need stitches for either but did graze slightly the second time. it wasnt painful and i couldn't really tell other than it stinging a little when i went for a wee

guess i am just one of the lucky ones.

My first was 6lb 8oz , epidural , on back but had an excellent doctor . No tears or grazes .

My second was 8lbs 7oz , no pain meds , hands and knees . No tear or grazes .

I was so terrified of being cut or tearing but luckily I didn't either time .

With my first I had massive 3rd borderline 4th degree tearing. I had around 70 stitches in vagina and anus. It was tough, the recovery was horrible but I wouldn't change anything. I had a wonderful new baby to look after and I had to get on with it.

Second baby was fine, a very small 1st degree tear so very superficial over the previous scar tissue. The MW said that she could stitch it or she could leave it. I chose to leave it as it was nothing compared to the first time. It was a bit nippy when I peed but apart from that it was fine.

I tore with my first baby, three 2nd degree tears that needed stitching by a doctor as the midwife didnt feel confident enough to do it herself. Luckily none up my bum, but one went up by my clitoris.

I won't lie-the stitches did hurt me a lot. But they healed really well, and by the time i had my smear 6 months later the nurse couldnt even tell i had needed stitches.

I felt sore and swollen to start with, which is expected.

I am hoping not to tear as bad this time-but i know i'll be in good hands if i do.

7lb 2.5oz i had an episiotomy, cant be sure of how many stitches I had.

my first was 8lb 12 and i didnt tear or have to be cut, i had a really long established labour (over 38hrs from 4cm) so i expect the slow entrance helped...

my second labour was just over 2 hrs long so she practically flew out, i didnt tear or need to be cut on that one either, she was a pound smaller than her brother at 7lb 12

My son was 7lbs 6oz. I had a tear towards my rectum and a labia tear. It was just a first degree I think and I had some stitches, but it took FOREVER to heal and I was very uncomfortable for several weeks. I was sore down there for a good 3-4 months. I can't imagine having a bigger tear than I did. He did come out with his arm next to his head so if he hadn't come out like that I probably wouldn't have tore much. He was also a vacuum baby because he was coming out with his arm next to his head and I couldn't get him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->