• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you have to be cut or tear? x

Hiya,
My little man was 8lb 8oz, i didn't have any perineal tearing but did need a few stitches in my labia. Don't know how that happens?! :shrug:
She handed me the gas & air back and i was like "what's that for?" Then she gave me local anaesthetic injections which TBH hurt me more than pushing him out i think! :haha: Especially when she stitched a bit that hadn't been numbed!
Someone mentioned jug of water when you are having a wee, or do it in the shower with some water running over you, really takes the sting away :blush:
I also found that pressing with clean loo roll on my front bits helped when i was trying to have a poo... :thumbup:
:)

I had 3rd degree. I had to be cut and i teared on the inside =s near my bum hole i think, I was cut kind of sideways, i dont have a clue, my lo has a big head =p I was rushed to theatre to be stitched up =[
didnt find it too painful after and managed to pee without it stinging, drink plently of water!!
I found having a catheter more uncomfortable!
Definatly all worth it though =] x

i just realised it didnt sting to pee because i had a catheter for 2 days :dohh:

I tore with my daughter (2nd degree) and they offered me stitches and I refused. Bad idea... because it didn't heal properly and it only healed after TWO YEARS!!!! It healed, up to a point, then there was just this open gaping bit right at the end of it. My daughter had her hand on her head, which is likely why I tore.

I tore with my son, but it wasn't as bad and I didn't need stitches. I healed up very well, it took a while but not years like with my daughter. I was in a lot of pain though, I remember at six weeks pp I went to the doctor because I was sure the pain wasn't normal and I thought it was infected, but they had a look and it looked normal. I can't remember exactly when it healed, but it was a few weeks after I went to the doctor.

My LO was 9lb and I was pushing for 3 hrs. I narrowly avoided an episiotomy but tore 2nd degree and had three layers of stitches. A couple of them hurt due to insufficient anaesthesia, but didn't bother me otherwise. Dreaded first pee/poo but both were fine and all healed well within few weeks :) mind you, haven't dtd yet....!

I had to have forceps, i'm not sure how many stitches i had but must of been a lot as i'm still suffering now, don't worry i think i'm in the minority!!! xx

I had a second degree tear and had stitches. Was terrified of the first wee and poo but weren't bad at all and I felt pretty much back to normal after a week. I am 6 weeks PP now and all down there healed and looking like before again.

I tore but getting sewn up didnt hurt, I fell asleep! :haha:
LOs shoulders tore me at a funny angle, took an hour to be stitched and I only managed to get him out as the doctor told me she would be back in 5 mins with foreceps, sod that!

I was sore for a week after, stitches fell out not long after and me and OH :sex: after 2 weeks

I had an episiotomy because Oscar would not turn in the birth canal and was back to back so pushing was difficult, then his heart rate dropped so they just snipped me and pulled him with a ventouse as i pushed.
They numb your 'area' when an anaesthetic so you wont feel it if you are cut.
I had stitches which didnt hurt or anything until the day after and they hurt for about 2 weeks after.
I suspected I was stitched too tight (every mans dream?? haha) and got a medical opinion after a week or so and they said it was tight so maybe thats why it hurt for a while afterwards. Now Im pretty 'deformed' down there and have bits hanging out here there and everywhere!

I was cut but I still got a 3rd degree tear ! Maybe it was my own fault! I had an epidural quite late on so couldn't feel to push and they were talking about doing a c section so I pushed reallllllly hard like my life depended on it, got baby out luckily but did tear quite badly :( recovery was fine though I was sore for about a week, had a couple of lavender oil baths and it was fine, stitches healed well, DH says it looks no different to how it was before the birth !

Yep! I had to be cut I didn't feel it the nurse stitching me up was a bit rough though!

My LO is 4 weeks now and seems to have healed fine just a little sore if I over do things.

My hint is keep a jug near the toilet then when you need a wee pour warm water down there and it doesn't sting!!

I was cut and had 2nd degree tear as LO came out with ventouse as had pooed inside me. Stitches were pretty sore but got extra pain killers from docs and was ok after a couple of weeks

Had an episiotomy as babys heart rate dropped and he was a ventouse delivery, it was a bit of a rush job though and although I didn't feel anything at the time (local anaesthetic) I had real problems with healing. Took about 14 weeks to be pain free. Saw GP about it who said it hadn't been stitched well and have a very large scar now. Does feel much better at last! (peeing in the bath was the best thing ever!) Ultimately if thats what needed to happen to get Albie out safely then so be it

I had to be cut as they used forceps because Bobbys heart rate went down so they had to get him out quickly!!!
I worried about it before i had him but when it came to it i didnt even think about it, i didnt even know what they were doing haha

I had an episiotomy with my first but he was 9lb 8 ozs and his heartrate had began to drop so they wanted him out quickly. With my 2nd I had her in the birthing pool, she was 8lb 7ozs and I had a tear, I didn't need stitches though. xx

lo was 7lb14oz...i only had a couple of grazes and an amazing midwife. I was bloomin scared of tearing/being cut which i explained to the midwife and i also took precautionary measures inc vit E oil internal/perineum massage in the last 10 weeks...does hurt but worth it!

I had to be cut as bea had a knot in her cord so she needed to get Out ASAP,however they cut a blood vessel and I ended up losing 4 litres of blood and had to have 5 blood transfusions!!
At first they said it was a 'nick' then a third degree tear!!!

i was tear down there on my sides because dr. use vaccume to get my baby out ......;)now its been 2 weeks they r healing fine but sore if i go for wee or over do house work......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->