• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you have to be cut or tear? x

my first baby was 4 week premature weighed 6lb10 and i had an episiotomy (cut)
my second was 9lb6 1 week over due and i have grazed and tears all over me was terrible :-(

I had an internal tear that needed a couple of stitches. I wasn't aware that i'd torn anything at the time as everything was so stretched and you're so concentrated on pushing that you don't feel it. Getting the stitches done afterwards wasn't too bad as i got off my head on gas and air. Recovery was awful though, i couldn't sit down for about 2 weeks or walk properly as it feels like you're being cut with glass or something. And all you want to do once you've just had a baby is sit down, rest and sleep but i found it more painful to do that than to walk around the house all day or stay standing up.

im with kristel its the healing thats worse with my first the midwife told me to sit on a rubber ring and put frozen ice pops wrapped in tissues in my pants mingin but by god it helped the stitches second time round werent half as bed the only thing that mortified me was the midwife telling me to make sure i put vaseline on my labia so it didnt fuse shut :-@@@

I had no tears with Ruby. She was 7lb 2oz. The MW said that my second stage being slower helped.

First time around no but I hadwhat they call a graze and that stung when I went for a wee so bad :nope:
With Poppy I had to be cut, I was scared of having to have this too but trust me, when you're there in labour you'd do anything to get the baby out and when they're stitching you you hardly notice b/c adrenaline has set in and you're just over come with emotion of meeting your baby you hardly notice.
I did get an infection after in the stitches which was agony but going for a wee otherwise wasn't as sore as with the graze :thumbup:
HTH

I had a 2nd degree tear. The MW thought it might be a 3rd degree at 1st and had to get a doctor to come and look. I didn't feel it happen but the local anaesthetic and stitching were pretty uncomfortable so I was back on the G&A for that. It was sore for a couple of weeks after but seems to have healed fine.
I hate to say it but all of us in our NCT group who had a vaginal birth (5 out of the 6) had a tear, epi or both. :wacko:

You will only be thinking of your baby afterwards. I can barely remember the discomfort. :thumbup:

I had a 9lb 15oz baby and had a minor 1st degree tear. I was truly terrified of tearing before I even got pregnant, lol! I had an epidural and didn't feel the tear at all. The stitches healed up totally fine too.

I had another friend who had to be cut because her baby came so fast.

I had another friend who needed over 50 stitches but she did heal ok.

ETA: My recovery was totally fine too, no pain in sitting etc. They did have these icepack thingies in the hospital that I LOVED for the first few days, lol... also used the squirty bottle with warm water when I peed to help with any stinging - that thing is AWESOME- and even had a pain reliever spray (didn't use that one much though).
Sitz baths can help too.

My lo was 7lb 8oz and was born back to back....I didn't tear or need to be cut, just had a few grazes which were nothing :) x

My first I had a 2nd degree tear,was my own fault though because they came at me with a needle away to numb me and then cut me to help get Leo out but I thought hell no and promised id do it on the next contraction...It never came so I just pushed like hell and out he plopped.Was on the gas n air getting stiched up cause it kinda stung.Recovery was about 3-4 weeks before it stopped nippin or aching.

With my 2nd I only had a tiny graze that didnt need stitches.Felt amazing after that birth and thought I could do it all again:thumbup:

I had a 2nd degree tear. It never bothered me, a few days later it felt a bit sore and tight but nothing really bad.

He was 6 lbs 12 oz. 3rd degree tear and lots of stitches.

i just had a graze, didn't need any stitches, George was 6lb 6ozs xx

I put "yes" for tearing, but I didn't need stitches either time. I got 2 grazes the first time around and the second just one and it was way less painful. I was totally healed up by 2 weeks PP. xx

First LO was 4 weeks early and 6lbs 11oz and the second was 3.5 weeks early and 7lbs 4oz

Lachlan was 7lb 11oz. I did have some tearing but overall I felt it wasn't too bad. I had some 1deg internal tears (think one was 2deg) and a 2deg labial tear. The labial tear was the worst of them all, but still not tooo horrible. The midwife gave me some dissolvable stitches for the 2nd deg ones.

I put in my birth plan that I preferred to tear rather than be cut, because if you tear it will heal up much faster than a cut as the edges on a tear are jagged and therefore can fuse together more easily, whereas a cut is clean so there is some difficulty for the skin when it comes time to fuse and it can take a little longer :flower:

I got cut, now that I think about it my OB just did it and didn't really offer me an option (although I don't remember much at that point besides the contractions to be honest lol), so got sewn up and had my 8lb3oz boy! No problems with it painwise or anything, sex life is back no issues :)

My LO was 9lb 7oz! And much to everyone's surprise no tearing, no cut, no stitches. :)

My LO was 7lbs 12 oz and I was cut AND I tore. Lots of stitches. The recovery wasn't that bad though....

I had what I call a "deluxe episiotomy"- cut in 3 directions! LO was 7lb 12oz but got stuck for hours so we ended up with a ventouse extraction.

Goodness knows how many stitches there were and it was very painful the first few days but healed up very well- I was riding a bicycle at 5 weeks post partum :)

I started to tear so I had to be cut. Not sure how many stitches, but the recovery hasn't been that bad. I'm pretty sore, but it's not unbearable pain. I just make sure to use my peri bottle and apply tucks and dermoplast every time I use the bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->