• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you have to be cut or tear? x

I had a second degree tear and grazings. I put witch hazel on my pad. I was fine within 2 weeks.

LO was 6lbs 6oz and I had a second (borderline third) degree tear at the bottom and a graze at the top. I think the size of the head is more relevant than the weight though as my LOs head was the same as two of my friends babes 8lbs plus!
Didn't feel the tear happen at all...maybe for a second the graze at the top felt like when you stub your toe and see stars, go hopping around like a lunatic then wonder what all the fuss was about. :haha: DTD was quite uncomfortable for several weeks afterwards but with plenty of lubrication and patience we got there and it all feels normal now. :thumbup:
Seriously try not worry about it, your body is designed to do this and it is a total understatement when people say NONE OF IT WILL MATTER WHEN YOUR BABE IS IN YOUR ARMS. :cloud9:

I was just like you, I continually told people that my biggest fear surrounding child birth was being cut or tearing and having to have stitches. I opted for a pool birth but unfortunately I had to come out as I was slowing then it all went tits up had to be induced have an epidural and eventually had to have an episiostomy and LO was delivered via ventouse! None of which was half as bad as I had imagined it to be, didn't feel them cut me due to the epidural but began to feel them stitching as it wore off. the sorest bit was afterwards when I tried to sit or if I knelt over LO to change him but it healed well and the pain was nothing that a couple of ibuprofen couldn't sort

Lo weighed 7lb 15oz. Tore inside and also in my labia so had stitches, not sure how many but it took about an hour. The guy didn't wait long enough for the aneasthetic to work but because i had so much gas n air i wasn't with it enough to say anything but i could feel it all being done. A few days after my midwife asked if i'd like her to check them them but i didn't feel comfortable so said no, but i think on the 3rd or 4th night i was in alot of pain so decided to check them myself and wish i never did! I rang the midwife and she had a look and could see that they'd come undone. Went doctors ect but i've now decided to wait to have corrective surgery as i know if it was stitched up again that's all i'd worry about in my next labour. As the doctor says it's only cosmetic and not causing me any problems, i just wont ever let oh see me down there again :)

I had a 2nd degree tear (from midwife shoving her hand up trying to turn LO) and then a 3rd degree episiotomy which needed a lot of stitches.

Took 10 weeks to stop hurting, 14 weeks to heal. (Stitches burst)

I had a second degree tear, which i didn't feel happen during labour, i did have stitches (not sure on how many tho!) it wasnt too painful, the only painful bit was the evil midwife who came to stitch me up (after the one who delivered me went off shift) she was nasty and being stitched was like being in labour all again but worse. Don't want to put anyone off tho!!
The recovery was good tho, it wasn't too uncomfortable (apart from when going to the loo at the beginning). I think it took about 2-3 weeks to heal.

My LO was 7 lbs 4 oz and, after three hours of pushing, I'd had enough! LO was half in / half out and the sensation nearly sent me out of my mind, so I puuuushed her completely out without waiting for next contraction and, consequently, tore. Since I did a drug free birth, I refused anything to numb the area while they did seven stitches and let me tell you, after experiencing a natural labor, those stitches threading through my lady bits felt like tickles!

Of course, the euphoria of snuggling with my daughter helped. :hugs:

Lexy was 6lbs 1 oz, but was face down so it made for a very long labor. They tried turning her, but it didn't work. I pushed for three hours and she did tear me coming out and I needed stitches. However, I had an epidural and recovery was quick. I was sore for a few days but it wasn't too bad. Just don't look down there right away...lol

My little man was 7lbs 12 oz, I had a 3rd degree tear that was stitched. Bothered me for 2 weeks, felt ruined. But at the 2 week mark felt like I could get around fine and didn't bother me anymore really. I pushed for 3.5 hours. The doctor stretched me to try to prevent the tearing, but I was tearing before his head even came out! Tearing was my biggest worry...I didn't feel it when it happened, just afterwards, but then, lots of things hurt! I look fine there now. Best of Luck!

Yep I tore, 3rd degree tear. I refused to be stitched and healed very quickly. x

I had to be cut with my 1st. Mainly because her heart rate was dropping a lot and they wanted her out fast. I had only been pushing 5 minutes and she came out flying! She was tiny though at 5 lbs. 3oz
I got stitched up and had just little pain down there. It was only a little sore when I would first sit down or first get up. I had no pain meds whatsoever after either

The midwife said she thought I needed to be cut but I couldn't decide if I should let her or not til it was too late and I tore. It was a 2nd degree tear, wasn't too bad, I think it healed pretty quickly, the grazes hurt more I think!

I had 2nd degree tears both down my perinium and up to my pee hole because Fran decided to come out Superman style - sending an arm out with her head lol!

I felt it happen and it was very sore but I was so engrossed with pushing her out I put the pain to the back of my mind xx

i had a cut and a tear, lo was in distress so i was cut so they could do a ventouse and then had a tear cos he came out superman style as big betty said! it was only a second degree tear but it was high up so they needed to repair it in theatre so i had a spinal anaesthetic for that. I had that about 1am and feeling came back in about twelve hours. i'd say my recovery was fine i imagine i had alot of stitches and felt back to normal within 2-3 weeks.

I had a cut because of needing a ventouse delivery - apparently I am quite narrow, and even though my little boy wasn't huge (7lb12), he was too big for me apparently! I ended up with a 3rd degree tear which required surgery. I'll be honest, I really didn't like the surgery, but have found recovery not too bad really, I am able to walk pretty far - my stitches hurt a bit more at the end of the day because I am now only on paracetamol, but I was also v scared of tearing and it really hasn't been too bad!!

I was cut as I had been pushing him out for 2 hours and was just not making progress. He came straight out next contraction after they cut, turns out he had both hands in front of his face.

I found being injected with the anestectic more painful thing than actually having my LO but G&A helped. It took 50 mins to stich me back up as they had to stich up the cut and some internal ones my LO made on his way out with his long nails.

I tore internally (2nd degree) but I think it was mainly because of pushing him out posterior and far too quickly!

I did have gas & air, which may have helped, but honestly didnt feel the tear & the stitches were painless too. If it wasn't for my labial graze, I wouldn't have been sore at all afterwards! xx

I had a second degree tear, my LO was 8lbs, but to be honest it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. i was sore for about a week and a half but they're on their way to be completely healed now. The actualy stiching didn't hurt either, they give you an anestheic injection, and the actual stitching for me only took about 15 mins. x

I had an internal tear, tbh the stitches for me hurt while she was doing it and due to the IV I had during labour I was weeing like a race horse and it stung every time I went for about 2 weeks, due to its positioning I couldn't avoid it, but it's perfectly fine now and has been for some time :) minus when urinating it didn't hurt otherwise.

MegGriffin - What? D: Why didn't I get the injection? She just came in and hopped straight to it, I felt the whole thing lol

I had have emergency forceps and needed an episiotomy, unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and was in pain for a number of weeks, I definitely think my recovery was worse than labour! The area was very bruised and swollen and I couldn't really sit down properly.

Don't worry though if you do require any cuts/stitches you will have your bab in your arms and it is worth every second of pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->