Did your parents used to play with you much?

fluffpuffin

Reaction score
I never remember mine playing with me much - especially my dad. My mum would occasionally do arty things with us but not actually get down on her knees and play with our dolls etc.

So what I'm wondering is whether any of you remember your parents playing with you much? I feel kinda sad looking back & wonder whether this has affected the relationship I have with my parents now - we're not all that close, especially with my dad.

yes my dad played tonnes with us.

We used to play building blocks,and had a toy farm and dolls house. He loved it.

My mum, i dont ever think actually played with us,but they both read stories and put our soft toys to bed.

I have a twin though,so we mostly played together :flower:

Hmm not really i cant say i do. I get on well with my mum but my dad and i dont really know how to act around each other..maybe this is part of the reason.

Not really at all, I'm really close with my mum, but not at all with my dad x x x

I can't remember many occasions, the odd few though. My mum and step dad worked a lot and during the week my nan looked after me (even went there before and after school) and she was doing house work a lot of the time. My step dad used to Play sega megadrive and playstation with me which was always fun. Oh and when I was really young sundays used to be board game night where we'd usually play mouse trap or cluedo or buckaroo or something. That stopped when I was about 8 though no idea why.

Apart from that I can't remember much more. I want it to be different with my future kids.

no not really, they both worked 12+ hours a day so were always too busy with work and when they were free they were mostly out with colleagues, or in my dad's case bed if he had been on night shifts.

forgot to add, I'm not close at all to my dad but its more his personality then anything, I'm close to my mum though :flower:

I can't remember much, my mum had to work a lot as she was a single mum.
Me and my brother at 18months apart and we'd play together mostly.

I remember playing with my dad (stepdad) a few times thoug

from my earlier post - Me and my parents are very close, They were both self empolyed when we were kids so were at home all day anyway (espesh my dad,sometimes mum was away). Im very lucky to have a very good relationship with my parents :flower:

not really no. im the oldest of four and it was me who played with my siblings, and i also played mum to them in the holidays when parents were at work. funny i turned out to be a nursery nurse. im close to my siblings and finding the older im getting im growing closer to mam. my sister who is 8 1/2 yrs younger spent more time with me, she used to come intoo my bed in the middle of the night not my parents, come to me with any problems, and still does. shes 21 and im 30. she is my dads little girl tho. and my dad would take us walking on the beach on a sunday, but we werent really played with. told to go and play out and come back for tea. they play with my son tho.

Not that I remember really. I wouldn't say it has affected our relationships though as I am close to them both. :)

They did, my mum used to spend hours playing with us, & my dad used to take us to the park every weekend. He also used to take us to the one play area with rides that was available back then. I'm very close to both my parents xx

not really, I used to play with my 2 sisters, my mum did take us for walks and if my dad had any holiday which wasent often with his own buisness we would go to places like zoo (we never went on holiday, I had 3 holidays apart from my honeymoon with family which 2 were when I was to young to remember in somerset and scotland and then lake distract when I was 9) My mum was a childminder, so we always had others to play with, mum would occasionally take us swimming and to park but never actually got down to play with us

I'm sure my Mom did but I can't really remember, she'd have done arts and crafty things with me. I don't recall my childhood very well!! I know we used to do family things of a weekend though, cycling in the park etc.

My Dad was a Sunday father (divorced) and used to play with us sometimes, we generally used to go to my Grandparents and sit bored!

I'm not overly close to either parent.

:hugs: My dad played with us a lot. He was like a huge kid himself, whenever he took us to school all the kids would literally flock to him. He was constantly doing things to make us laugh, I remember once he pretended to "accidentally" fall into a swimming pool with all his clothes on (shoes included) just to amuse us :haha: I can't remember if my mum did, my dad was such a huge personality he kind of dominates a lot of my memories. I don't think she was as playful though, but we are very close now. I'm sure me and my dad would have been very close if he hadn't died when I was 10 x

Not really but she tried! Being a single Mum from me turning 1 didn't help matters.

You know my relationship with my father..but my Mum means the world to me.

I don't remember but I know my Dad wouldn't have but I'm guessing my Mum did when we were little cause she stayed at home with us

Not at all. I remember my Dad 'helping' me make a badge with a badge making kit and I did something wrong and he through it across the room, that's the only time I remember him playing with me at all.

My mum didn't really either, she didn't read to us or anything at bedtime at all, it makes me quite sad to think that she didn't. Especially as she was just sat downstairs watching the telly.

My mum n dad was 41 when they had me. They worked such long hours (dad self employed mum started as a cook when I started school) can't remember.them playing with me at all tbh, I used to cook n bake with mum and every sunday me n dad would go out somewhere like cinema, or musuim, loved that tbh lol hadn't affected me.at all. I was very spoilt, as they brought me alot to make up for not doing alot

No, never. They never did with my siblings either. I don't ever remember getting read a bedtime story or getting a cuddle either. I don't have a relationship with them now.

Loads...my dad sounds just like yours, Lou. So much fun. And my mum did all the baking, crafty and dolly things. I have tonnes if memories of both parents playing, reading etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->