Dieting while ttc - any advice or people in same position?

LondonGirl86

Reaction score
Hi,

Just starting third cycle of actively ttc and really hoping for that BfP soon. Last month my body messed me around as AF was a day late, when it isn't normally so I am still feeling pretty down (cd2 now).

The excitement when AF didn't start showed how badly DH and I want this so know I need to lose weight, and not just a couple of pounds. I have regular Cycles of 27/28days and ewcm at around day 13 but online reading shows that may not be enough to prove I actually ovulate and my weight can stop it anyway.

Have drawn up an exercise and diet plan and this month will work very hard to cut down on work overtime to get to the gym in the evenings.

Any tips or experience of this? Any one else doing the same and want to support each other on the bad days?

I'm currently trying to lose a bunch of weight. I'm not really sticking to a diet because when I do, I always fail. I am just trying to eat right by cutting out all the junk/processed food and eating more veggies and fruits. I am also doing the elliptical 3x a week and strength training 2x.

My main tip is to figure out what works the best for you so you can be the most successful. There might be a lot of try and fail but stick to it and don't get discouraged. Oh and drink a BUNCH of water. Good luck!

Hi ladies! I just joined and i am in the same boat. I am slightly overweight and this month i have really been trying hard to diet and exercise. I keep myself on track by asking myself "do i want this or do i want a baby?" I have already lost a few pounds and O is coming this week. Baby dust to all:dust::dust::

Hey ladies, last year I lost 20 pounds by counting calories and moderate exercise. Calorie counting sounds daunting, but it works! It becomes habit after a few weeks. Join My-Calorie-Counter.com. it has a mobile app and tips and support group. I gained some weight back so I'm back to trying to lose 10 pounds. I will try hard to stick to it! Good luck, girls!

I'm a new-ish vegetarian, I used to be vegan. But vegetarian is better for me, personally, just cuz I love dairy, lol. Anyway, I'm TTC and a vegetarian. As long as I e keep eating my natural peanut butter and lots of beans, I'm getting enough protein, but yeah I stopped eating meat again 2 weeks ago and lost 5 lbs since then. And I've been eating as much as I want of anything else, and still lost the weight. Stomach feels amazing, never get stomach aches, love it! Found some great sandwich meat replacements too! I recommend trying vegetarianism someday.

Thanks for all the comments.

I am about to get up and do my exercise video so I remind myself that I like the feeling after exercise and am more keen on the gym next week. Realise I don't have the right foods in the house yet but by this evening will have everything I need.

I am planning on counting calories, which has definitely worked for me in the past. Just need to start so that I start memorising the calories of different foods again. And I think I probably will try some vegetarian meals - DH will have to cook for himself those days if he wants meat!!

I feel awful guilt at the moment that it is my fault we aren't pregnant since my husband is ridiculously fit! This would be our first so still have in the worry in the back of my mind that we might not be able to conceive at all. I know we have been trying for a really short time but I am a worrier and worst case scenario person!

Good luck to everyone at whatever stage of your cycle you are

Did my exercise DVD and am exhausted but feeling really good for it. Only day one of diet BUT you have to start somewhere and feeling motivated. Will definitely have to keep asking myself - do I want a baby or not - when I am tempted by treats/wine/skipping the gym.

Also got to make sure my DH keeps supporting or pestering me as needed, despite how grumpy I may get. P

I have PCOS and so weight loss could make the biggest impact on my chances. I conceived on Clomid cycle 5 but unfortunately it wasn't to be. I partially blame my weight for this and so I am trying hard to fix it while I take a 4 months Clomid break.
My tips would be:
Set short term manageable goals (I set to lose 1/2 a stone in about 6 weeks)
Don't deny yourself things just think, if I eat this I'll have to do this to burn it off
Remain positive in the face of hiccups
Be proud of yourself for each step (hence the short goals)

I'm using myfitnesspal and I've bought a fitbit zip in order to accurately calorie count. I've started getting off the bus two stops early on a morning and taking a mooch around town before work (I'm always really early so have time). I go for a walk at lunch and go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week which I'm really enjoying. Plus it's working! It never works. I'm full quicker, I can have a small amount of something instead of loads and I lost 2 lbs last week!

Good luck, stay focused and you can do it!

I conceived 4 kids at 210 and under, and im now at 250 and TTC for a year. I was also a lot younger but i KNOW i have to lose weight =/ I unexpectedly gained like 40 lbs to to insane stress (which never once messed up my cycles) and now im finding it impossible to take off... however we're changing to mostly Gluten and dairy free (we will still be eating some Gluten and Dairy) and walking. I lost 30 lbs before by just walking (quickly of course) for 30 min a day, but i did it EVERY day. My father is a Dr and supports walking for weight loss (with a balanced diet) more than anything else. Of course this is the same man who told me he bets if i go on a honey moon i get pregnant (i had a very frank talk with my father the other day lol). He also suggested my weight may be a factor. We have unexplained secondary infertility so it tends to make sense

Walking is making a big difference to me. Plus I find it a great time to talk or think

Ive been on a healthy eating/gym plan since january and have lost 28lb since then :) Still have a load more to go but im working in the right direction xx

I have been thinking about starting a thread for those of us who are loosing weight...glad to see this already here.

I am way over weight with PCOS and am loosing to get my cycles back, conception, and a healthy pregnancy. Plus vainity...I want to be a cute pregnant woman and look like I am pregnant instead of just getting fatter.

I lost over 100 pounds back in 2007 doing a VERY low calorie / low carb / low fat. I started over 300 pounds (and had not had a period in a long time) in June and by the end of the summer, I was down 50 pounds and my period had showed up again.

Over the last few years I gained back about 70 pounds!!! My period has again disappeared since Fall 2011, I think. October 2011 I started the HCG diet and lost about 30 pounds that I have maintained.

I am now doing a lowish carb (under 40) and low calorie (under 1200, usually) and I try to keep my fat low. Since the start of 2013 I have lost 12 pounds. Most of it was lost in January because Febuary has been a month of bad emotional eating, holidays (Valentines and Purim) and just reloosing what I lost and gained in January. I am still happy with losing the 12 pounds.

I am determined to get back in gear and lose as much as possible in March while we are not TTC. I was put on BC pills for a month to hopefully get rid of a cyst on my ovaries. My RE may be putting me on Metformin (waiting on blood work results) and I have heard that some have been able to get more wieght off when taking Metformin.

I try to remind myself, when I start to slip because of emotions or craving, that I am doing this for baby...and that is a very good reason.

Tiffany

Ive been on a healthy eating/gym plan since january and have lost 28lb since then :) Still have a load more to go but im working in the right direction xx

I have been thinking about starting a thread for those of us who are loosing weight...glad to see this already here.

Tiffany

Both of you ladies are amazing. Thank you for sharing and inspiring with what you have achieved so far.

I was up early this morning for another 25mins exercise before work - legs are killing me now! Then DH recorded my current weight on my ipad app. I used to go to weight watchers but decided to save the money since I failed at maintaining weight loss anyway but liked having someone to check I was weighing and recording every week. He is under strict orders to not back down no matter how grumpy I get with him and this diet.

I came off BC pills in Nov and we started properly trying in Jan - he was away with work during my O week in Dec. Had been on the pill for ten years so was pleased to get AF within six weeks, body even produced ewcm which googling told me was a good sign of ovulation. Since then have had 27 day cycle (although this month was nothing until wiped evening of cd27,properly on cd28) and CM changes and become stretchy - ewcm? - at about day 14.

But, does this mean my body is actually ovulating?!

Anyway, I know I need to lose weight to be healthy if we do manage to get pregnant, vanity - totally agree about wanting to look pregnant, not fat. And something I read says reduced % chance of conceiving for every one point higher on BMI.

Good luck ladies and hope we continue to post and encourage each other on here. We can do this and hopefully have beautiful healthy babies and mummies soon x

Last year I lost about 10 kilo's (22 pounds) then I got pregnant (happy accident) so I stopped trying to lose weight. Unfortunately I had a mc (which was in October). Not been trying to lose weight since, and I've just gained everything back on, plus a little more I think - been dreading to go on the scales, cause I was so proud of myself for losing that much weight!! I was pretty happy with myself then, still would've loved to lose another 5-10 kilo's (11-22 pounds) but still was pretty happy.
Now I just feel fat and horrible. Since the mc all I wanted was another baby and that's why I didn't see the point in dieting, cause I'd gain weight when pregnant anyway. But I haven't fallen pregnant yet (partially cause we had some trouble with side-effects from hubby's meds). So I think I'm gonna start again soon!
AF was due today, but nothing yet, though I think it'll start in the morning :cry: So I think I'm gonna start again after AF, cause I usually struggle to diet when AF is here. Hubby wants to lose some weight again aswell, so we'll have to try and do it together, though hubby doesn't really need to lose weight cause he's a stick anyway (with a bit of a pot belly atm, cause he's not working atm). But his metabolism is so fast he'd just burn everything off within a week or 2 of going back to work!

Anyway, Would love to keep up with you girls to try and encourage each other to keep going and maybe keep track of how we're doing??? If you're interested in that, maybe we could make a list of our weights, our goals and our progress?? :shrug:

I'm about 213-216 pounds atm now (I think, as I haven't really been on the scales properly lately). Last year around this time I was 209 and before I got pregnant (and had the mc) I was 188 pounds.

My goal was around 176-165 pounds, though I took it in steps of 11 pounds at a time so it wasn't so depressing. My big milestone for me though was going under 90 kilo's (198 pounds) Which will be my first goal again. Then the next goal would be getting back to the 188 pounds. And then I'll see whether I can or want to lose any more.

I had a plan cheat this weekend for our Purim Party Saturday night. I got off the wagon on Friday and then it just ran over me on Saturday...LOL. I did not weigh yesterday so I am not sure how much I had gained... I know it was alot because I did a very strict protien day (beef) yesterday and this morning I was still up about 4 pounds. THe beef was brisket and I know it was very salty...it was leftoever from out party. I gain VERY fast so I am really not suprised. I am not going to beat myself up over it as this was a planned cheat and I enjoyed all the good BBQ and really enjoyed the alcohol fruity drinks I made..LOL.

So I am doing another protein day (chicken) today and hopefully I will get a good jump on getting these four pounds back off. I have an appt with my gyno for my six month pap and I really want to show some progress.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's a new week so lets take it on....

Tiff

I am low carb/gluten free TTC. It's what works for my body. Hubby and I are dieting together. We started January 14 and so far I have lost 13 lbs and he has lost 19 lbs. My cycles have been regular for a year now. We plan on going swimming this afternoon so hopefully burn off some weight. Good luck ladies.

I don't know my weight exactly in lbs but it's around 162lb something like that anyway. I'm hoping to lose about 25lbs overall if my math is right (i weigh in kg). I'm following a calorie control plan and at my current rate I could hit my goal around June, but I expect it to take longer due to the fight against PCOS.
Metformin helps! I know because I was on it, but apparently it only helps with weight loss over a certain bmi.

Sorry to hear abut your loss Eltjuh and I impressed with your resolve to lose the weight again. If you've done it once then you can definitely do it again!

I don't think I ate enough today so got a really bad migraine earlier. So although I do want to lose weight I know I need to balance food and exercise so I don't fail.

Really enjoying reading your posts and do hope we can support each other through this long journey. Sorry if you all get bored reading about my daily exercise but if I can write it on here I prove i did it!

If only there was a quick fix!

I've had a rubbish day too. Got a big strip on (as I do when I'm bored of dieting) so I had McDonalds for lunch. Balanced it out, just, to keep my 1000 calorie deficit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->