Dieting while ttc - any advice or people in same position?

The balance of food to calories to exercise is always tricky and I know it will take at least a week before to work out what I can eat to survive but also to still lose weight.

Also tricky to work in lbs and kg so thank you for converting from kg to lbs for me or else I wouldn't have a clue! I work in stone and pounds so have to then convert the lbs into stone for me to really understand!

Ladies with PCOS - how do you know you have it? I know that weight can be an indicator but is it through irregular cycles? My good friend just had a gorgeous baby and she has PCOS and with minimal stress - no temping, no OPK - she got pregnant so it CAN happen!

I am considering not using OPKs this month. I tried clear blue digitals last month and never got a smilie with my FMU. I have bought a box of cheapies but just do not see how I would manage to use them at work during the best time if day,and may cause more stress trying, also, while I am losing weight I am trying to be okay with the idea that it won't happen for a while.

I have a significant amount to lose but trying to just look at the small goals for now. Have a stone barrier in mind and need to lose 19lbs to reach it to start with. In Sept/Oct I lost 16lbs but since stopping put half of that back on. Hope actually ttc now - rather than just looking ahead t it- will be the extra incentive I need!

Keep going ladies x

London, I’m going to cheer you on. I like to read other women’s post about how hard they are working to get that baby. So don’t hold back on my account. You could use OPKs but be prepared that they may not be that accurate for you. Women with PCOS don’t usually do that well with them. Our hormones are so wonky that we can get a positive for several days and maybe not even ovulate. Personally, I don’t use them. They are a waste of money for me. How do you know if you have it? Well, without a doctor’s confirmation that you definitely have it, you can check for symptoms.

Irregular menstrual cycles
Absent period
Anovulatory cycles
Abnormal mid-cycle bleeding
Excessive or heavy menstrual bleeding
Balding at the temples
Excessive body hair
Acne
Places where the skin is discolored (Acanthosis nigricans)
Polycystic ovaries/ ovarian cysts
Mood disorders
Obesity
Recurrent miscarriage

Do you have any of these symptoms?

I suspected I had PCOS due to difficulty losing weight and ease of gaining it, excess body and facial hair, deep voice, absence of periods (if have one maybe every 18 months), ovarian pain and infertility. I know I have pcos because I've had it confirmed using both ultrasounds and a laparoscopy.
I've had a really rubbish weekend and monday for exercise so I need to make this up rally. I'm going for an all you can eat buffet on Saturday so I need to work extra hard this week to earn that.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the symptoms. I think I am lucky and don't hAve PCOS based on those - so the weight is all down to me! Great!!

Had another exhausting day at work and had to call DH to stop me stopping for a choc snack in the shops on the way home. Intended to go to gym but got another headache - think body is trying to cope with reduced food intake! Just about to go and do an exercise DVD now so I haven't failed completely.

I totally understand the need to earn some extra calories for events. Am going to a friends tomorrow and someone is bringing food - doesn't sound healthy though! Also going out Thur night for dinner. Will try my best to make good choices but so hard!

Saw photo of a friend who is 26wks pregnant today, massive jealously! I try to tell myself I am resigned to the fact it won't happen until I have lost weight but maybe not quite there yet!

Hope you are all having a good, well behaved day x

I did a google search this morning "PCOS success stories" and found an inspiring story of a women who at the beginning of her ttc journey weighed 350 lbs. She lost 75 lbs, became pregnant with her first child, started to lose weight again after giving birth, became pregnant with her second child a year later. Her story is a series of video blogs on Youtube. I should have posted the link, but anyway I found it truely inspirational.

Ladies with PCOS - how do you know you have it? I know that weight can be an indicator but is it through irregular cycles? My good friend just had a gorgeous baby and she has PCOS and with minimal stress - no temping, no OPK - she got pregnant so it CAN happen!

I am considering not using OPKs this month. I tried clear blue digitals last month and never got a smilie with my FMU. I have bought a box of cheapies but just do not see how I would manage to use them at work during the best time if day,and may cause more stress trying, also, while I am losing weight I am trying to be okay with the idea that it won't happen for a while.

I have a significant amount to lose but trying to just look at the small goals for now. Have a stone barrier in mind and need to lose 19lbs to reach it to start with. In Sept/Oct I lost 16lbs but since stopping put half of that back on. Hope actually ttc now - rather than just looking ahead t it- will be the extra incentive I need!

Keep going ladies x

Good afternoon Ladies. So we are a bunch of loosers!!! in a good way.

London, I was diagnosed by Gyno and RE agreed. Sono, bloodwork (I think), and symptoms.

Irregular menstrual cycles
Absent period
Anovulatory cycles
Abnormal mid-cycle bleeding (not really this)
Excessive or heavy menstrual bleeding
Balding at the temples (not this)
Excessive body hair
Acne
Places where the skin is discolored (Acanthosis nigricans)
Polycystic ovaries/ ovarian cysts
Mood disorders
Obesity
Recurrent miscarriage (not this...have never been pregnant)

As far as the OPKs....I have never had them work. I always get negatives (well since I did not ovulate I guess that is why) except the ONE time I got a false positive. I might have said that already. My dr said they do not always work for everyone.

Small goals are easier to meet, then you feel all confident and are better able to stick with it. My big goal, right now, is 20% of my weight...but thinking 49 pounds is very irritating....so I am just going with 10 pounds at a time. So I will have to meet this goal 5 times. That sounds a bit easier.

I did a google search this morning "PCOS success stories" and found an inspiring story of a women who at the beginning of her ttc journey weighed 350 lbs. She lost 75 lbs, became pregnant with her first child, started to lose weight again after giving birth, became pregnant with her second child a year later. Her story is a series of video blogs on Youtube. I should have posted the link, but anyway I found it truely inspirational.

Mel, if you happen to run accross the youtube channel, again, please post the link. I am always looking for more vids to watch. TIA. :hugs:

Tiff

UHG I tried to post all of this in the same post...sorry for multiple posting.

I am still making up for my planned cheat this weekend. Love how I can gain so much in one day but it takes all week to get it off. I am still up a little over a pound (I think...I am not good at math. LOL). Sunday I did the beef day, yesterday was chicken, and today is fish. I had the BEST salmon for lunch. I made up a mayo, cayenne, lime juice, and garlic topping and baked for 15 minutes. Then I broiled for about 2 minutes. It turned out very yummy.

I am waiting for a call back from the nurse at my gyno office. I am hoping she tells me the pap is not needed until my cyst goes away. IDK why that would matter but I just do not want to go in tomorrow. She called this morning and now we are playing phone tag. Hate that. She might have called, in the first place, to tell me the results for DHs SA. I just pray that his test comes back good. IDK what we will do if we are both damaged...:shrug:

Keep on keeping on ladies....

Tiff

SweetMel- that does definitely sound like an amazing story. It can happen and fx it does for us all soon. Would also love to watch the video if anyone finds it

Thank you again to all the ladies who listed the symptoms. I think I am lucky not to have PCOS as I have always had regular periods when not on BCP. Not sure about whether am ovulating but going to ignore OPK for now as I want to limit the stress at the moment. Dieting is hard enough!

We are all going to cheat at some point so mustn't feel bad for what we do girliegirl. When we get back in the diet with determination we show how strong we can be. Keep going!

Already looking forward to next Monday morning weigh in. Only been dieting for a few days but like seeing it is having an impact!

I've had an alright day. I had a kitkat because I needed chocolate, been wanting it for about a week. I'm slightly under on my 1k deficit today but I'm not upset as the 1k deficit is the hardest setting. Might try weigh tomorrow but as my scales act funny I don't expect to see much. X

Well scales showed a 0.1kg loss today which is about a 5th of a pound so pretty much nothing, but at least it's not gone up

Hey a loss is a loss! You're going in the right direction! xx

Thanks. Burnt loads today so will need a snack before bed to stop the dizzy in the morning lol.

How is everyone else doing? Any good news, bad news, no news?

I've got a cold so im trying so hard not to feed it! Missed out on gym today. Hoping i can go tomorrow but may weigh myself in the morning and update you :) x

Well yesterday I went to a friend's house and ate bad food, as predicted! But still could have been worse i guess. Didn't exercise yesterday as my body needed a day off but up again nw to start again!

I think giving in to a kit Kat craving is not bad at all! Especially hen I think how man calories I ate yesterday!

Good luck with any weigh ins,hope the numbers keep going down. I would love to see what is happening to me but scales have been out away until weekly weigh in in Monday!

Good luck for another day of dieting x

Also, are you ladies counting calories? How many are you allowing yourself a day?

I am aiming for about 1200 a day and trying to exercise four-six times a week. But my friends said that isn't enough and I won't be able to maintain it. What is working for you ladies who have/are having great weight loss success?

Thanks x

Also, are you ladies counting calories? How many are you allowing yourself a day?

I am aiming for about 1200 a day and trying to exercise four-six times a week. But my friends said that isn't enough and I won't be able to maintain it. What is working for you ladies who have/are having great weight loss success?

Thanks x

I'm using myfitnesspal which is an app and website. I put in my weight, age, activity level and weight loss goals and it tells me how much to eat to acheive it. I then plug all the detail in of what I've eaten. Ive put myself on the hardest difficulty and I eat about 1200 calories, you can also earn more through exercise too. So 1200 is reasonable but remember if you exercise you might need to eat a little more.
I've lost another 1lb on today's weigh in, 1 more to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->