Dieting while ttc - any advice or people in same position?

When i was dieting before i also used the myfitnesspal app and also went for 1200 calories a day. It was hard sometimes cause i find dinner usually uses up a lot of the calories but like pp said, if you exercise you get to have a little more. The main thing i think helps with keeping calories down is just drinking water, no juice or coffee or tea or coke or something like that. Well i usually allowed myself to have 1 glass of juice in the morning (200 ml) and 1 glass of coke in the evening (also 200ml). And that's how i'm gonna try to do it again. Starting monday! At the moment my main problem is eating snacks after dinner, we'll go to bed to watch a film and be eating crisps or something so if you go to sleep soon after that your metabolism will slow down and it won't digest it properly/quickly. And you're obviously not using the calories for energy.

I've had a fat day today =( still just within my calories though so I'm not going to stress over it

One bad day wont make a difference! Don't regret it if you enjoyed it :p x

I kept within my 1200 net so I'm okay. Hope the scales are kind tomorrow

I finally lost what I gained from our party last weekend. I lost it by yesterday then got some bad news and fell back off the wagon. I am hoping I did not do much damage and I level back out by tomorrow. I wish I was not such an emotional eater...but I just do not know how to stop it. I either shop or eat...and eating was a bit cheaper yesterday.

Tiff

Sorry you had some hard news, sometimes I think you've just got to let yourself eat.

Hi ladies,

Well done on the losses. I agree completely that you can't be angry at yourself when you have a bad day. As long as you get back on the diet the next day it is ok. We aren't robots so will have good and bad days, emotional days, time with friends and family where we need to be normal.

Thanks for confirming that 1200or so calories s ok. I am using myfitness pal to track calories and exercise. With all my details it has given me mor calories but I don't want to eat them so nice to hear other people are eating 1200 and surviving.

I am a bit jealous of those of you who are weighing yourselves since DH took my scales away at my request so I don't obsess and weigh every day. Just hope by Monday this first week has been worth it! Planning on going swimming after work today instead of usual trip to the pub for a glass of wine and a chat.need to remind myself what I am doing this for - hopefully a baby!

Have a good day X

I'm sooo not looking forward to monday... me and hubby are starting our healthy diet :p We've been pretty bad the past couple of months...
It'll be hard to transition I think.... (I'm a comfort eater aswell, I eat when I'm stressed or upset and we've been very stressed the past couple of months!)

I was wondering if you guys do any exercise and if you do what do you do when you're in your 2ww and you might be pregnant?? Cause I had a mc in October I REALLY don't wanna risk anything, so wouldn't want to use my kettlebell or do any intensive exercise just incase I'm pregnant.... Last time I stopped going to streetdance aswell because I didn't wanna risk anything, though that obviously didn't help... but this time I obviously REALLY don't wanna risk anything considering it went wrong last time!

Thanks for confirming that 1200or so calories s ok. I am using myfitness pal to track calories and exercise. With all my details it has given me mor calories but I don't want to eat them so nice to hear other people are eating 1200 and surviving.

I would personally recommend sticking to what MFP recommends. It is programmed to be the most effective for weight loss. I've found before that if I don't eat enough it doesn't work. It's all about meeting a happy medium. As you lose weight it will adjust your calories accordingly. Mine used to be more than 1200.

I was wondering if you guys do any exercise and if you do what do you do when you're in your 2ww and you might be pregnant?? Cause I had a mc in October I REALLY don't wanna risk anything, so wouldn't want to use my kettlebell or do any intensive exercise just incase I'm pregnant.... Last time I stopped going to streetdance aswell because I didn't wanna risk anything, though that obviously didn't help... but this time I obviously REALLY don't wanna risk anything considering it went wrong last time!

The rule is supposed to be if you always do it it's okay, just don't do more than normal.
I can't be off much help on what I do because I don't anticipate to get pregnant anytime soon.

Hi ladies, I have been away for a few days, sorry. I’ve been busy. I’ll have to catch up with y’all.

Eltjuh, I don’t exercise as much as I should. I don’t really do anything that I would think would be bad for a baby if one was there. Over eight years ago when I hadn’t yet figured out that I was pg with my oldest I was taking a kick boxing class and I had a hard time breathing. I thought that was strange bc that had never happened before. A few days later I found out I was pg with Drew. I wish you good luck with your new diet. Do you know what kind of diet you will do?

Good going on the weight loss ladies. Every little pound (or kg) helps.

I definitely eat more than 1200 calories a day. I wouldn’t count calories at all except my Lose it app does it for me. Lose it showed that I consumed 1800+ calories yesterday, but I only consumed 16.8 carbs. I only keep track and limit my carbs. Yesterday’s menu went like this:
Coffee with almond milk and splenda, two fried eggs and two sausage patties, a salad with lettuce, tomato, cheese, celery, carrot, rotisserie chicken, and bacon ranch dressing, a steak and lobster dinner with Caesar salad, green beans, and veggie medley (squash).
I don’t lose weight if I restrict my calories too much. I sometimes have to remind myself to eat something if it has been a few hours.

We're just gonna cut down on all the crappy food we've been eating (too much cake, crisps and chocolate :wacko:) And I'm gonna be doing 1200-ish calories a day. But hubby wants to also do the Insanity dvd's :S My sister in law said she lost a dress size in about 2 weeks with that, but it looks REALLY hard!!! So I'm not sure how I'm gonna do with that! (hubby knows some other people that did it aswell and they said it was hard, and they're his mates from the army - which he isn't in anymore, hence the reason he needs to exercise aswell)

Hubby is gonna make us an exercise plan tomorrow and I'm just gonna see how I do with it I guess!! Hopefully it'll work really well! Just not looking forward to dieting again, it's so hard when you first start off and i've still got in the back of my head that I might get pregnant and then what's the point in losing weight if you're gonna gain it again!

Not sure yet what I'm gonna do when I'm in the 2ww, think I might take it easy on the exercise but still diet.

That sounds great. I find it helpful to clear out the refrigerator and pantry of all of the no-no food. That way it is not there to tempt me. I make a plan to go shopping every few days to replace the foods I need to keep on hand. I prep my groceries after I buy them so that it is easier to grab something on the go or so I am not tempted to buy fast food. By doing these things it makes meal preparation time go better and faster. My MIL wants to lose a few pounds, and she has a crazy amount of junk food in her kitchen. I advised her to box it all up and give it to someone who isn’t dieting.

I am doing the same thing. I have started using Myfitnesspal.com and cutting portions and trying to eat more healthy stuff but still portion controlled.

I can't afford to go shopping every couple of days. We buy food for a whole month in 1 go. And top it up with fresh things as we go, when we need it (like bread and fruit and milk).
But we got rid of most of the no-no food, some of it is still there, but they're not sooo bad, I'd be allowed them sometimes. I've done the 1200 calories before so I know I can do it. It's just the first couple of days that are the worst!

I can't refuse myself food when I'm dieting otherwise I get upset and just binge. I have to allow myself a little bit of the bad stuff just in a calorie controlled way. I never tell myself no but I do often think would I rather have this chocolate bar or more calories at dinner time and usually I'd prefer the more calories at dinner time.

Hi ladies,

Just got back from a night away and tried to limit food intake but unfortunately drank a fair bit of wine, which I know is a lot of calories. I have a bit of a headache but am planning on doing some exercise later. Weigh in tomorrow morning and bit nervous incase I haven't lost anything. I know I will be very frustrated if that happens so fingers crossed.

I agree that I have to totally clear out the cupboards of things I shouldn't be eating, such as crisps. Then, even when I have a big craving I can't do anything about it without going out.

Hope you're weekends are going well and not too difficult to stay distracted from any food cravings. I am going to eat more than 1200 calories this week, and make sure it is more when I exercise.

Planning on not buying anymore low fat yogurts but switching to normal ones - has anyone heard or got experience of how low fat dairy can affect fertility? I read an article on it so decided the ones i have been eating may not have helped our chances.

Charlie, I love your myftnesspal ticker. It is so nice. You are doing great.

London, Good plan. My app says I had 1299 calories yesterday and 1819 the day before. I know it helps me to eat more for a few days because it keeps my body from going into starvation mode.

I have heard about how low fat dairy can affect fertility. I always choose the full fat variety. If I need to use milk, I substitute heavy cream. I love yogurt, but I try to choose a yogurt that doesn’t say low fat. I am not eating yogurt until I lose another 20+ pounds. Sadly, it is too high in carbs right now. Let me know what kinds of articles you find on the subject. Post a link. We eat a lot of cheese at our house, and I’ve been wondering if cheese is okay.

First day of the diet and exercise plan. Weighed myself for the first time in ages... much heavier than i wanted to be :s gained about 15 kilo's since the mc in october. We have been really bad though! My first goal is to lose 8 kilo's. Myfitnesspal says i can have 1290 cal. A day. Better get myself a weightloss ticker....
Hubby weighed himself as well, would love to swap with him, he only weighs 73 kilo's!

First day of the diet and exercise plan. Weighed myself for the first time in ages... much heavier than i wanted to be :s gained about 15 kilo's since the mc in october. We have been really bad though! My first goal is to lose 8 kilo's. Myfitnesspal says i can have 1290 cal. A day. Better get myself a weightloss ticker....
Hubby weighed himself as well, would love to swap with him, he only weighs 73 kilo's!

Have you set a target time frame to lose it in?
I've gained weight from my meal and can;t go to the gym today because I've trashed my core muscles :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->