Diliation and effacement...@or around 37 weeks

ARRIELLE

Reaction score
HI LADIES....:flower:!!! A BRIEF BACKGROUND... I AM 37 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS... AND I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF EFFACEMENT AND DILIATION...MY DR. TOLD ME THAT THE I AM 2CM DILIATED AND 70%:thumbup:... WHICH GIVES HIM THE IDEA THAT I SHOULD BE GIVING BIRTH WITHIN THIS WEEK:shrug:....HAS ANY ONE WENT LONGER THAN THAT THOSE STATS???

From what I've noticed it seems that labor is so different for everyone that there's really no predicting it until it happens. A friend of mine just had her baby and was dilated to 4cm for 3 weeks before her little one came! I'm dilated to a 1 and 30% effaced and I tried to get my doctor to estimate how much longer but she wouldn't even give it a guess. Wish there was some way they could tell because I'm anxious! Lol.

I am currently 3cm and 100% effaced. At 36+4 i was 2cm and 90% effaced. Unfortunately its different for everyone and can mean nothing in regards to labor! My doc was sure i'd be in labor by now but ... Nothing!
I've heard some people can be dilated and effaced for many weeks before going in to active labor.
Sorry for the bad news, because i would also like to be giving birth right now!!

I have been 2cm and 80% effaced for a week and a half..though i have been losin my plug over the last two days. I have had lots of contractions but no baby yet :(

its defo not something to go off in my personal experiances ,my midwife over my dd went off this n said she will be here in the next wk to wk n half and i went on for another 3 wks,was about the same with ds too,not been checked this time as she is breech,good luck though as you neva know :)

HI LADIES....:flower:!!! A BRIEF BACKGROUND... I AM 37 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS... AND I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF EFFACEMENT AND DILIATION...MY DR. TOLD ME THAT THE I AM 2CM DILIATED AND 70%:thumbup:... WHICH GIVES HIM THE IDEA THAT I SHOULD BE GIVING BIRTH WITHIN THIS WEEK:shrug:....HAS ANY ONE WENT LONGER THAN THAT THOSE STATS???

This was me last week and my son is still happily thrashing around in my belly. My OB says there is really no way in predicting the onset of labor. Maybe tomm or 2 weeks from now. I hope it happens soon for the both of us!

Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything. I was dilated from 30 weeks with my first and went overdue to 40+6! Some women will be told that they are still completely closed and thick and that they will probably not be meeting baby anytime soon and then bam...go into labor that night. While others are 4 cm dilated for weeks. I was 2 cm at 37 weeks and last week I was 3cm.

Unfortunately it doesn't mean anything. I was dilated from 30 weeks with my first and went overdue to 40+6! Some women will be told that they are still completely closed and thick and that they will probably not be meeting baby anytime soon and then bam...go into labor that night. While others are 4 cm dilated for weeks. I was 2 cm at 37 weeks and last week I was 3cm.

Maybe that will be me! I was told 'no cervical change' today in the office, so maybe, BAM I will go into labor! LOL Doubtful but worth a good laugh...

Unfortunately I don't believe you can go off dilation and effacement either. So many times I have known people to be walking around seemingly ready to go for weeks and then like you say for others it just happens with no signs of dilation at all... It is crazy how mother nature likes to keep us guessing!

Thelistkeeper, you never know, I had a friend that went like that. Doctor told her they would definitely see her next week at her appointment, had her baby 24 hours later!

Unfortunately I was 90% effaced and 2cm last week at my 37 week exam, and this week there was no change :( Doc did a sweep though, and I'm feeling some cramping, so.. maybe that will help. Ask your doctor next week if you want to move things along and they aren't on their own. It's really quick and I didn't even know he did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->