Dim question time...washing preloveds.

A

anothersquish

Obviously we have diligently prewashed all the new nappies a good 4 times and experimented with drying them in various ways to find what worked with which and what didnt.
Now the preloveds....I have washed them all once in non bio on a low heat basically because you never know who might have washed them in what beforehand. Would one wash in non bio on 30 be enough....Im not sure how well used they are, they are all in very good condition so Id assume most havent been used much at all....

I'll be interested in responses to this too. I was planning on running mine through a wash and then doing a couple of extra full rinse cycles in case they've got detergent built up already. :shrug:

when i buy preloved i usually run them through a hot(ish) wash just to be on the safe side then i rrinse 2-3 times. if i know they are well looked after and fairrly new (usually if i buy off one of the lovely ladies on here:) ) i will just put them on a normal wash and rinse once as i kinda know their background:D

sara
xxxxxxx

Usually just a hot wash (60) and then put a few extra rinses too. :D xx

the very old cotton LLs I washed once - they were bought from ladies on Cloth Nappy Tree so I assumed they'd been looked after well. the bamboos LLs were from someone on Used Nappies, and she said they'd only been used a couple of times and I could believe it going on the appearance, so I did them 3 times, figuring that they needed it to increase their absorption. all my nappy laundry is at 60C and back then with non-bio (now Bold 2 in 1)

Think I may run them through again on a hot rinse cycle. Most of mine have come from ebay so who knows how they have been cared for, how used they are or anything else! No skin as some of my new AIOs need running through again.
I am glad i have the eco washer I must say...!!

when i buy preloved i usually run them through a hot(ish) wash just to be on the safe side then i rrinse 2-3 times. if i know they are well looked after and fairrly new (usually if i buy off one of the lovely ladies on here:) ) i will just put them on a normal wash and rinse once as i kinda know their background:D

sara
xxxxxxx

WSS:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"