Discard after 1 hour?

SHIT!! I do this all the time! :dohh:
mylo is a graze feeder- I used to make all his bottles for the day then leave them on the side.. but now I make them as he needs each one.. but each one will take me 2/3 hours to give him.. then, half hour later hes hunry again.. its like non stop feeding.. only taking an ounce or 2 at a time.
so discarding after an hour? I would be wasting sooooooo much formula- like more than half of the tin! I could try making half bottles- but then its hard to measure out the infant gaviscon accurately. :wacko:

My Joel was like that, drove me crazy. What ended up working to get him to take more at once was to feed him, then just give him water for the next few hours when he wanted more, so that he wasn't getting formula any more often than every 3 hrs.

I've been going by 2 hours then chuck as my LO often only has half a bottle then falls asleep then wakes up again in half an hour and wants the rest! She's been fine so far, and on the back of the cartons i use it says discard within 2 hours xx

It depends on how warm our house is here to be honest, if it's cold like on a night then I'll give her the same bottle over 2 hours, if it's boiling I'll use a fresh when she wakes up. I do make the feeds up fresh though by the side of the bed, I don't take a ready made bottle upstairs and then use that because I thought it would go off if not refrigerated, it's all so confusing, breastfeeding was so much easier at times lol!

Bump.

How long do you guys go? I'm trying to be safe but not wasteful. I went 3 hours a few times so I'm worried that it's too long.

I'm super lazy and cheap.

She eats and whatever is left in the bottel goes into the fridge right after she's done.I just reheat that when she wants to eat again in the microwave and feed it to her. Been doing it that way for 4+ months now and she's just fine!

Well except the 3rd eye she grew last week..

We're into our 4th month and for the first couple of weeks I wouldn't use it after a feed, although I do make up a days worth and stick in the fridge. Going to bed at night I would use a bottle bag to keep a bottle cold. Now I will let him drink from the same feed up to a couple of hours later and at night I just take a bottle up with me and leave it on the side for the early hours - he does have a fresh one though if he's gone all night which he does every now and again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->