Discipline

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
I think we need some ideas..
We havent gone onto serious discipline yet because we havent really needed to.

But there are some things like hitting the glass cabinet that we need to do something, just not sure what!

Oh and hitting/throwing toys. He just laughs at us :dohh:

I know exactly what you mean! Emma has started doing things that she knows are 'naughty' or not allowed and waits for a reaction. Sometimes she will do it and then say 'no no no'! I alwats go to he and take her hand and crouch down and just explain that it is not allowed/ dangerous and then walk her away. I think she is boundary pushing at the moment so I am approaching it is a calm tone or voice and hoping that she will move on soon!

zander loves to smack our rather expensive tv, which by chance cost more than anything really else in our house lol, we thought we would have to put the fire guard infront of it to stop him hitting and batting it but after persistance he now ignores it and the way we managed this is whenever he did it i lifted him away from it came down to his level and just said No, naughty in a stern but not a scary voice and for the first wee while he laughed at us and would toddle back over but again persistance pays off... i generally disapline by saying No, naughty but using a more stern voice and i try and go down to his level.

I'm terrified of what she can potentially turn into. :shock: SHe already has tantrums but due to her attention span being short she won't remember what she's upset about for long. :haha: When that changes I'm sure there are going to be fireworks. :shock: She already had a temper and will hit you if she gets hurt when in your arms. She knowcked into my glasses today and they hit her head and she looked at me, slapped the glasses off my face and then just stared at me and hit me three more times!!!! Right now that's funny but in another few months not so much....

We started with time outs fairly early, I'd say around a year old, with both of our boys. 1 minute per year (age). Long lecturing doesnt work til at least 4, but we do it to the 3 year old cause sometimes we forget. LOL. We do spank , but that's personal and I won't get into that because not desiring issues here lol. Anyway,in the beginning the kids looks for a reaction - negative or positive. You gotta decide which to give and make it constant. Redirecting works for some kids (not mine!) . The earlier you start, the easier it will be! We waited too long on the younger one and his first time in trouble he just looked at us like "what?!?! " lol. oh, and dont ever laugh when your kid does something wrong.. makes it seem ok and he will laugh too.

We have tried the naughty step and the problem we have is as Noah loves to run at the moment as soon as we put him on the step he runs away and then it turns into a game of trying to catch him which he finds very funny. Or he trys to climb up the stairs which is just dangerous. So now we have resorted to using OH's nephews old booster for the dinning room chair so he is strapped into a chair and can't run away. That has actually been working really well. It stops him laughing as he is facing a wall and he can't run away. We also move out of sight so he can't turn around and see us.

i have just started the naughty stool. he gets taken away from what he is doing and sat on the stool, only problem is he likes to sit on the stool and swing his legs, not really much of a punishment but it takes him away from what he was doing wrong.

It's a tough one! Right now my strategy is the tone of voice and distraction - seems to work most of the time. If there's anything I really don't want him touching (lamps, sockets etc)I say to him 'Charlie, don't touch please thats Mummy's' and now he points at lamps etc, and says 'Mummy's' and doesn't touch them.
I have been reading up on the naughty spot technique though as I think that could be needed in the not so distant future :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->