Disco Derail! - TTCAL/PAL Discussion and Support!

On to the bad news... I had a voicemail saying the clinic needed to speak with me today. I didn't get the message until they were closed though. So, I emailed my FS. He just emailed me back saying that the surgery went fine, but there was too much bad tissue and I need more healing time before I can start IVF. So, they want to push me back to the Dec cycle. I promised myself I wouldn't do the Dec cycle, because I'd have to miss Christmas with my family if I did. So, I guess all hope of a 2010 BFP is shot for me. I can't stop crying.

Honey.. Do you think your family could come celebrate with you at your home? They all know you are doing IVF right? hugs.

I know I have no 2010 bfp shot.

Oh Megg I'm sorry!! I know it's terrible, but your body needs to heal so you can carry your baby and you need to have your wonderful family Christmas that you've told me about. Next year you'll have your little one to introduce all the awesome traditions to!

Try to think of it in a positive way. I know I have no hope for a bfp before the end of the year either and it hurts like hell but we have to try to stay positive :hugs:

Natopmt, okay you got me on that lol :)

meg33, glad it went good for you, when I had surg... they told me I wouldn't remember the conversation I did, sort of gives us a chuckle lol.

On to the bad news... I had a voicemail saying the clinic needed to speak with me today. I didn't get the message until they were closed though. So, I emailed my FS. He just emailed me back saying that the surgery went fine, but there was too much bad tissue and I need more healing time before I can start IVF. So, they want to push me back to the Dec cycle. I promised myself I wouldn't do the Dec cycle, because I'd have to miss Christmas with my family if I did. So, I guess all hope of a 2010 BFP is shot for me. I can't stop crying.

Honey.. Do you think your family could come celebrate with you at your home? They all know you are doing IVF right? hugs.

I know I have no 2010 bfp shot.

Yeah, I just talked to my mom and she said that they are willing to come up here instead. So, I suppose I'll move forward in Dec anyway. Its not what I hoped for or wanted... but its the path that I'm being dragged down, kicking and screaming! lol

Sorry Megg. It's great that you'll still be able to spend the holidays with your family.

I think you should definitely do December Megg, as much as you didn't want to. December typically brings a lot of joy, especially with the Christmas season, and I hope it brings you joy as well! (besides, I am biased because my birthday is in December, lol!). I am glad your family is willing to come be with you instead!

Megg, I'm so sorry about the setback, but happy to hear your family is willing to work with you.

CJ and Sarah, so so sorry about the ho bag (AF). :(

:cry: I'm having such a bad day. My appt was shit, and then as I mentioned a few days ago my mom's cholesterol was really high...so high no doctor knows what to make of it, they thought it was a mistake...so she redid it and it's STILL so high (1200, where under 200 is normal and most charts end at 400). They pretty much told her it's a miracle she's alive. She can't see a cardiologist until November, and as I said, she's thin. This is shocking! No one knows how she's walking around. I feel like she's going to have a heart attack any minute. It makes me worried about my self too, as it must be genetic. I am just so miserable. We were going to travel to Scotland this month-we almost bought tix in July- but I didn't buy the tix as I thought I'd be pregnant. Ha. So much for that. Then, I was just thinking of how in May, shortly after my miscarriage, I got offerred an awesome fellowship for this school year but I turned it down because I thought I'd have to leave it early to give birth before May. Again, ha, so much for that. I should have taken the darn fellowship. I put a great opportunity on hold for something that hasn't manifested itself yet. Now my due date is approaching at the end of December and I never dreamed I wouldn't be pregnant before then, but now I'm running out of ovs before my due date. :cry: I'm depressed.

sorry you are having a bad day Allie :hugs: I'm sorry about your mom, and I hope they can get it all figured out soon!!! And you will have your miracle baby too sweetie! Don't ever give up! :hugs:

Thanks, Mel. I'm normally such a positive person but this week has sucked big time. *wallowing*

Oh, Allie! That sucks so much! :hugs: I'm shocked at your mom's cholesterol... When you said "high"... I never dreamed. I have no clue how that's possible... but i hope they figure it out ASAP!

I also never dreamed I wouldn't be pregnant by my due date... and now I know I won't be by my 2nd due date either (Nov 27). So, I'm feeling your pain there. I hope we can both find some joy again soon!

I am doing December... and I'm eternally grateful that my parents are willing to come up here. Maybe I'll literally get a Christmas baby. :shrug: So much for a heartbeat though... Its like the universe just keeps giving me a fucking slap to let me know that I'll never get even a few simple things that would turn my life completely around. I just wanted to see a fucking heartbeat before Christmas... and I'll never have that now.

I hear that, Megg. I don't think the things we are asking for are outside the realm of basic human desires...healthy bodies, healthy babies, healthy families. Boo hoo. :(

Yeah, I have been googling her cholesterol numbers all night and they seem impossible. Like, literally impossible. And yet I just walked around the mall with her Friday like everything was normal. Totally bizarre.

I hear that, Megg. I don't think the things we are asking for are outside the realm of basic human desires...healthy bodies, healthy babies, healthy families. Boo hoo. :(

Yeah, I have been googling her cholesterol numbers all night and they seem impossible. Like, literally impossible. And yet I just walked around the mall with her Friday like everything was normal. Totally bizarre.

I googled too, and it really doesn't seem like something that can even physically happen. I don't understand! I'm sorry, sweetie!

Yeah, they seem like basic requests... but apparently not. :(

I'm so sorry Megg I know how much you wanted to hear the heartbeat by Xmas, I'm glad your able to do the Dec one, an Xmas baby was be amazing.xxxxx

:hugs: Hugs Meg, sorry you've had this setback chick, but you can still have your lovely family Christmas......and a BFP to celebrate x

Allie....another hug required :hugs: Sorry your having a hard time of it x

Sorry about the ho bag girls :hugs:

AFM sorry I haven't been around much....been very busy with my DS, back and forward to the hospital etc! he's in pain, and the wound has to be re-packed everyday which really hurts him, we only discovered yesterday that they have left the wound open, and we haven't seen the surgeon yet, so have no idea what happens next :dohh: NHS!!...aren't they great??
Apart from that I managed to scrape together enough energy this weekend to put myself in the 2ww :winkwink: so fingers crossed....I'm just excited to be back in the game really.

Morning all!

Sass ill play the devils advocate here and agree with your doc about not giving you any meds for the sickness. My doc is the same and here in Greece they generally dont perscribe meds for morning sickness. The most they tell you to do is to get the wrist band. My advice (and i did the same) is to just try and keep hydrated and rest as much as possible. Remember i took 3 weeks holiday over the summer so that i could deal with the MS and the exhaustion it brings. Drink ginger ale and flat coke. Very small meals full of carbs like pasta and mashed potatoe.

Megg very happy to hear your surgery went well. Again i will agree with your docs 100%. I know for a fact that it is highly recommended to wait 2 cycles before getting pregnant after any type of gyno surgery. Just think that Chritmas is just another day and pretty insignificant in the bigger scheme of things.

Allie whoa...That is some high cholesterol....Definately must be pathological and will not respond to meds. Has she checked her thyroid?

Jaymes i also have terrible hip pain on my left side...I thought it was from trying to sleep on that side all night....My doc said to deal with it lol!!!

Hello to everyone else!!

Megg,I'm so sorry you're not getting it this cycle. I suppose its best for them to wait for you to heal.

I know totally what its like to have a date in mind though and not reach it. I was hysterical after my MC in May because I wouldn't get a 2010 baby and that was what I wanted, and assumed, I was going to get from the day we started trying. Once I got to grips with the fact that it wasn't going to happen though I felt much better and it looks like i'll get a 2011 baby instead.A Christmas BFP would be amazing!!

Allie - that is blood scary about your mum. I have no idea how that is possible!!

Oh Megg I am so sorry darlin! I'm giving the world a punch back in the face for you! Blessing is that at least you will be all healed and ready for that christmas bub to settle in.

I am nearly at the hospital. My temp has shot down to 97.7. Spotting barely there but guess she will be here soon. Damn witch.

:hug: Sass

I'm so sorry your having to go through this Megg. I'm kinda at a loss for words for you. :hugs: I guess a hug will have to do.

CJ and Sarah sorry that the :witch: got you she really is a total bitch and I hope that shes gone soon and you can move on to a new month of trying.

Megg I am so sorry but pleased that your family will come to you I know what you mean about dates I was so exicted about being pregnant over chiristmas which kind of made the fact that I should of have had a tiny baby at chirstmas to hold just a little bit easier to deal with and now I have neither and it brakes my heart :cry: Life is fucking unfair sometimes but we have to have hope that it will happen for us although at the moment I have trouble believing that for me but I do believe it for you.

Allie I am so sorry about your mum I really hope they find some answers for her soon. Sorry your having a rough time of it its hard to keep the faith sometimes but you have to keep believeing it will happen its really hard dealing with a due date approaching steve and I got away for our first one as I needed to be away from everything and everyone as you know we lit a candle to remember our little one and had a long weekend away just us so maybe you and hubby could plan to do something nice together it is hard but you will get through it and hopefully you will get a BFP before it arrives.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->