Dishes? Laundry?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Anyone else letting these things slip? I literally am considering trying to figure out a way to budget to have a maid come and do the dishes at least for me, maybe the floors and laundry. It's probably so expensive. I don't really have many friends here in this country at the moment so I can't really ask a friend for help and my OH refuses to lol, saying it's my job, which is true, but I don't have the energy for it and I feel dizzy and hot when I stand there too long washing dishes. Anyone else not keeping up with routine house work? If everyone else is I'm going to feel like the laziest bum ever lol

No and no. I gave those up a month ago.. Oh finally caved and did both..

No and no. I gave those up a month ago.. Oh finally caved and did both..

The most I could get myself to do just now was to organize them so I could wash a bowl for my egg salad lol, so now they're stacked nicely at least. Maybe my OH will cave and do both as well... not likely lol. But it's a really nice thought! And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I keep going through this pregnancy thinking I must be so lazy because I keep comparing myself to friends who are farther along in their pregnancies, both working and going to college and doing things like baking cookies and it makes me feel bad about myself :blush:

Haha. You'll be superwoman in the second tri.. For now though just rest as much as you can and dobt overdo it.. Housework will always be waiting... Always

The only pregnancy symptom I had was exhaustion and it literally just let up in the last week.

Although my husband was a trooper and stepped in to do whatever needed to be done I still pushed myself to do the dishes like every other day. I let the floors and stuff slide though until I would make myself do them. It was a rough 5 weeks though.

Man I hear you! That's good that your husband stepped up and helped! :thumbup: My OH doesn't really do that lol. He's a very messy guy on top of it so it's extra hard for me to confront cleaning and he just doesn't understand and thinks I'm using the pregnancy tiredness as an excuse. He has noooooo idea how this really feels lol, and I don't think he'll listen to me because he'll just be convinced that I just think I'm tired because I read in some pregnancy journal somewhere that women get tired in first trimester. He actually told me to stop looking and Googling things because it was giving me ideas! It's not worth arguing with him over - he just has this mindset that it's all in women's heads and there will be no changing that mindset for him. But there also is no chance at all that I'm going to be doing the dishes and cleaning every day like he expects me to because I just am not capable of it! Can't wait for second trimester when I have all that famed energy and stamina! Lol

My OH chips in alot and in my last pregnancy I hired someone to come in once a month to do the deep cleaning, it helped a lot!

My OH chips in alot and in my last pregnancy I hired someone to come in once a month to do the deep cleaning, it helped a lot!

That's awesome :) Was it expensive? I really am contemplating just hiring someone to help with the cleaning! I need it so bad!

Man I hear you! That's good that your husband stepped up and helped! :thumbup: My OH doesn't really do that lol. He's a very messy guy on top of it so it's extra hard for me to confront cleaning and he just doesn't understand and thinks I'm using the pregnancy tiredness as an excuse. He has noooooo idea how this really feels lol, and I don't think he'll listen to me because he'll just be convinced that I just think I'm tired because I read in some pregnancy journal somewhere that women get tired in first trimester. He actually told me to stop looking and Googling things because it was giving me ideas! It's not worth arguing with him over - he just has this mindset that it's all in women's heads and there will be no changing that mindset for him. But there also is no chance at all that I'm going to be doing the dishes and cleaning every day like he expects me to because I just am not capable of it! Can't wait for second trimester when I have all that famed energy and stamina! Lol

Well if there is a famed stamina I haven't quite found that yet haha. I can atleast function with day to day tasks... however, every few days I let the dishes slide again for a day. But its much better.

I hope that there is some stamina boost because I have 2 nurseries that have to be done and twins come early so not sure how long I have.

That's awesome :) Was it expensive? I really am contemplating just hiring someone to help with the cleaning! I need it so bad!

I give her 60 bucks and she is usually here like 3 hours so I feel it is definitely worth it!

I also don't' want to be touching chemicals or around it to clean so I justify it that way! I try to limit her to once a month but towards the end of my pregnancy she can twice a month :)

[QUOTE

Well if there is a famed stamina I haven't quite found that yet haha. I can atleast function with day to day tasks... however, every few days I let the dishes slide again for a day. But its much better.

I hope that there is some stamina boost because I have 2 nurseries that have to be done and twins come early so not sure how long I have.

I think the second baby stole your stamina :)

I slacked off and ended up getting cockroaches.. now I'm trying desperately to clean to get rid of them :nope:

I am actually coordinating putting in a new heat and air unit in my house. We have to take everything we have in our attic and put it in our spare bedroom, I am dreading it and hoping my husband starts doing it in the next few days as it will take a week to get all that junk down! lol They are reinsulating the attic as well....loads of fun....:haha:

Of course since my hubs is bringing all this stuff down I am going to go through it and purge! I want to throw a lot of stuff out that we just don't need to keep anymore...hoping to be productive!

How about I do the laundry and dishes and hire someone to chase after my twins :rofl:

I don't get much of a chance to even sit during the day with two crawling baboes and a house to manage. When OH gets home, I collapse. He's wonderful. He was cleaning up after dinner tonight and I was sitting down because I overdid it a bit today. I apologized for not helping and he said, "Don't be sorry, you have to protect that little one of ours." :cloud9:

I literally just looked over to my kitchen.. sigh..its a disaster!!

I have been feeling terrible because I am handing out chores (to my older kids) like crazy! I've got one sweeping the floors, one on dishes, another folding, and one spraying & wiping counters - on top of their regular chores (their rooms and pets).

Luckily, my kids are angels and don't mind helping out & at least if they are all working, its not like I am going to just lay there lol, I do something productive (usually preparing a meal or sorting the next loads of laundry). So, all in all, my house is in pretty good shape, but most certainly not because of my efforts! And I am paying them in television time ;) which is usually not allowed sun - thurs.

As for chemicals, we use vinegar, baking soda, Castile soap, and/or essential oils, its all really natural and healthy.

I have been telling family who ask that I would love to "save up" to hire a housekeeper weekly for the last month and a month after baby...hint, hint, gift ideas people :)

I'm sorry? He won't help you because its your job? Oh hell no!

I work part time, DH is the sole provider yet when I can't he steps in. Don't take that treatment from him now or it will just get worse when the baby is here.

I have a cleaner once a week so I just keep on top of it. I am normally a bit OCD - would never leave things that needed washing etc and to be honest I don't have the energy to care!!! x

I work part time, DH is the sole provider yet when I can't he steps in. Don't take that treatment from him now or it will just get worse when the baby is here.

Haha I thought the same! If my DH seriously said that to me he'd be getting read the riot act! He says things like that as a joke and I will give him a dirty look lol. We both work full time but he has been doing over time and I do tend to do more of the cleaning/cooking whilst he will take the dogs out on long walks more than me etc. I think I probably do more than him because he doesn't see things like I do with cleaning (he wouldn't think to dust and he has a lot of washing down the side of the bed that he didn't even think to put in the basket!) but he does the dishes and he'll clean the carpets (we have 5 dogs so it's hard work!) and he will step in to do something like laundry or the bathroom if I point it out to him. My exhaustion seems to be lifting a bit now and I'm finding it easier but I haven't done a real clean of the house for weeks and just do it in dribs and drabs. I have had to say to DH that he needed to cook on a few occassions because I couldn't face it and I did feel a bit guilty for laying on the sofa but then I told myself he does that every night when I'm cooking so I should enjoy it!!!

Haha I thought the same! If my DH seriously said that to me he'd be getting read the riot act! He says things like that as a joke and I will give him a dirty look lol. We both work full time but he has been doing over time and I do tend to do more of the cleaning/cooking whilst he will take the dogs out on long walks more than me etc. I think I probably do more than him because he doesn't see things like I do with cleaning (he wouldn't think to dust and he has a lot of washing down the side of the bed that he didn't even think to put in the basket!) but he does the dishes and he'll clean the carpets (we have 5 dogs so it's hard work!) and he will step in to do something like laundry or the bathroom if I point it out to him. My exhaustion seems to be lifting a bit now and I'm finding it easier but I haven't done a real clean of the house for weeks and just do it in dribs and drabs. I have had to say to DH that he needed to cook on a few occassions because I couldn't face it and I did feel a bit guilty for laying on the sofa but then I told myself he does that every night when I'm cooking so I should enjoy it!!!

Yeah we DEFINITELY need to split tasks. We actually agreed to when we saw a mediator a week or so ago. It's too much for me to clean before I was pregnant and now it's wayyyy too much. He needs to pull his weight or get used to mess lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->