Dispatches - Hospital food .. ungrateful?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding this a tad ungrateful?

Hospitals are not about feeding people, they are about caring. We are so fricking lucky in this country to have what we have .. i think we should appreciate it a little more .. moaning over hospital food? Whatever next!

I totally agree.

The food in our hospital is absolutely frickin fantastic though!! The best I'd had for a while :haha: and always had a great veggie option! :thumbup:

ps: wheres your siggies gone? x

AOB'S been banned!

Yes.
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/545264-banned-aob1013-dragonfly.html

General Note: Please keep this thread on-topic (rather than the contents of the link), otherwise we will have to lock it.

I have a friend who's child went into Alder Hey and she said the food was nothing like what was shown on Heston's programme, there was always veg available, the sorts of meals that were served up were pasta with veg, or jacket spud with beans and side salad. :shrug:

I agree and disagree…ok, it’s not about the food, its making people better – BUT – what about the people who don’t come out of hospital? Do they deserve to just live off slop? My granddad was in hospital very recently, and OH’s gran, isn’t going to come out of hospital – she will not eat 90% of the things they give her because it is slop – its vile. So, she was just wasting away – we take her home cooked meals in now, but they have to be luke warm as hospitals wont warm things up!

I spent a long time in hospital for a food disorder, so was fed through a tube for 3 months but when they wanted to wean me back onto ‘real food’ there was no way I was eating it – it’s not food, its slop, there’s no taste to any of it either. Again, Mum used to bring food into me. I understand we should be grateful, and we are lucky to get treatment for free, but people won’t get better with unhealthy, un-nutritional food.

Long term care wards are very different to acute wards. Usually they have their own hospitals.

I have a friend who's child went into Alder Hey and she said the food was nothing like what was shown on Heston's programme, there was always veg available, the sorts of meals that were served up were pasta with veg, or jacket spud with beans and side salad. :shrug:

Im pretty sure dispatches arent lying, maybe it was a completely different time. Maybe things have gone downhill, who knows.

Im pretty sure dispatches arent lying, maybe it was a completely different time. Maybe things have gone downhill, who knows.

This was the Heston programme on Monday, not the dispatches x

ETA I mean that my friend was talking about

Oh sorry :haha: should open my eyes!

:rofl: too early :thumbup:

:rofl: too early :thumbup:

Thats what happens when a thread gets too big and you skim over pages lol.

It may not have to be top restaurant standards but ill people NEED food, like with me i needed to eat as i had low iron but i didnt eat anything from there the 3 days i was in.
It was gross! It needs to be eatable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->