Distractions from WTT

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Well, I've been trying to plan out the next year or so (at least) without focussing on baby as being my main objective...

What sorts of things are you planning to do to distract you from wanting a baby etc (well not neccessarily JUST to distract you from baby...)?

On a more academic side I've been thinking about going back to college when my OH gets a proper job with a decent wage..and doing a silversmith/advanced jewellery course of some kind.

On a more wild side I also want to go out and have sex in the pub toilets :rofl: just actually go out and enjoy each other and ourselves!! :happydance:

im just trying not to go nuts, apart from paying off some debt iv got nothing to distract my self with, iv got no education to do, were in as good enough jobs as im going to get, we allready got our own place (well renting and there is no way we could afford to buy in the next 5 years so its not like iv got to save for that) so apart from paying off my credit card im just waiting for OH to pull his finger out.

I have one major thing to distract me the next year...
we put an offer in on a house and they accepted! right at the start of out journey and wont be a while before we move in! then want to do a bit of work to it make it our own home! hehe
xx

Congats on the house!
I have the distraction of uni for the next 2 and a bit years, as well as searching for a new job at the moment and trying to plan things like finding a house to rent and future stuff.

Pay off debts

Buy a bigger house (an actual house with a garden etc instead of the flats we both have - very excited!)

Get a car and learn to drive (at last - its been a long time coming - last had a driving lesson when I was 19!) Thankfully the oh is funding this one!

Have a big holiday

Think thats it....oh and go camping apparently Im being told!!

xxx

I want to be a nurse!!
Haha.
I don't really know. Other than getting things that need to be done.
I suppose I should go out and have fun. Because I haven't really had my 'party days' and I think it would be nice. lol

Well I've already got one so he's a big distraction, but I also want to lose weight (I have loads to lose :cry:) and I've just started OU so I want to get my first course out of the way and get my second started so that will be finished before baby #2 arrives

1. Move House
2. Plan our Road Trip to Italy and go!
3. Save up some Money
4. Find a new Part Time Job
5. Lose Weight
6. Join a Photography Course

well, I'm in college full-time, I'm moving in with my OH in July (maybe earlier if the current resident gets booted out for being a loonie), my parents are in the middle of a divorce which is getting uglier by the second, I'm transferring schools and I need to take the pre-licencing courses for my driver's test so I can get that sorted out before fall '09 semester starts...

....but I still have time to obsess.

1. Move in with OH in July.
2. Get engaged Summer/autumn 2009.
3. Do my teacher training degree Sep 2009-June 2010.
4. Married winter 2010.
5. Go on a holiday some where hot hehe.

I'm starting to work on some children's books with my mom, she'll write them and I'll illustrate them. Hopefully that will bring in some money, so we can get out of my MIL's house (she is driving me sooo nuts!!!), my hubby works full time but he doesn't make nearly enough, we both have student loans and credit cards to pay off. My MIL driving me crazy is pretty distracting. And I have little Kathryn to distract me, I want to give her my undivided attention a while longer before giving her a 'lil sibling (as much as I want to be pg again). hopefully that + knowing we simply don't have the space or money, will be enough to keep me busy.

I thought my MIL was great until I started to plan our wedding, and then once that was out the way started to plan to move house....
Why do they feel the need to butt in to EVERYTHING?! Grrrrr.
Feel sorry for you hun, I can understand how much you just want to be a family together in your own home. Good Luck for the future and I hope you can afford something soon x

1. Move into our flat and set it up, buy a washer and fridge
2. Finish my TAFE course (THIS WILL BE A CHALLENGE)
3. Save up lots of $$$$
4. OH wants to pay off some debt

I am working on
1. Doing up the house
2. Saving some money so I can have longer maternity with bubs when time comes
3. Losing some weight!

So far we've only done well with number 1!

1) Save as much money as possible
2) Spend most of it on a pre-wedding honeymoon. ...Oh, and maybe an after-wedding honetmoon too ;)
3) Plan a wedding, and spend as little as possible on it!
4) Get fit, healthy and hopefully lose a few lbs along the way
5) Appreciate my blessings more, be more positive and let go of the negative
6) Go to Wimbledon (and other major sporting events if possible)

You guys have got some good ideas! I like the book idea MoonMuffin, I'd love to do something like that!!

I woke up this morning and actually felt like I hadn't slept.. I kept almost falling asleep when I got up... I actually had to have two cups of coffee this morning to actually feel normal!!!!

Soooo, before we start TTC I need to make myself more of a morning person!!! :rofl: I really just want to do things that I could theoretically do when I'm pregnant/we have a baby. I would quite like to go Kayaking again and do some kind of adventure weekend/day... Really just waiting for my OH to get into the RAF so I can stay at home with my LO/s and do all those little things I want to do. :)

I think most importantly, I need to do a little character building on myself...because I don't want my LO to inherit my lack of confidence!!! :dohh:

xxx

Live in the now, daily life is so full of distractions! Its so easy to just wish our lives away, so its important to be happy with the way things are and stop worrying about how they should be. Everything comes to us in time, including having a baby x

(1) Wean myself off of coffee and alcohol
(2) Exercise more
(3) Eat more fish and vegetables
(4) Go to Costa Rica
(5) Paint some of the rooms in the house

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member