Divarification of the rectus muscles and carrying another baby

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Hello, I had a nice 8lbs 9 1/2oz, posterior baby 11 months ago and her weight and the fact that her bum was trying to come through my belly button left me with a divarification of the rectus muscles (separation of stomach muscles) and although it is listed as a painless condition, in my case it is not, it can be really quite painful at times. I seem to have flare ups, maybe I aggravate it somehow every now and then, and I was just hoping for some advice from ladies who have gone on to carry another baby with this condition as my partner and I are eager to ttc again as it took so long last time, but if carrying another baby means that I'll be in pain the whole time then I'd rather hold off so I can be as good a Mum as possible to the baby I already have instead of spending my days in bed/hospital. I am currently on the waiting list for physiotherapy but it could take months, even a year for an appointment and I don't want to put my life on hold while I wait, plus I'll still have the condition after having another baby anyway. Thanks for reading, any advice will be greatly appreciated (especially if the advice is to go for it!! :p)

Hi

My last baby was 9lb10oz and had this happen to my muscles. I did postnatal Pilates and it helped a lot. I'm currently 8 weeks into my current pregnancy and have been assured it'll be fine. We'll see how it goes. As long as baby doesn't get any bigger than my son since I'm tiny, all should be fine.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->