• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DIY APRIL come on girls

slow start for me so far this month *hangs head in shame*

Yesterday I made 3 stock nappies :) ............. thats it so far this month, must get my arse in gear!

They're gorgeous, you guys are all so talented! I NEED a sewing machine!

Soaker:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/XanthusGail/Dexterino/IMG_1995.jpg

Think I meesed up the join a bit - it looks a bit obvious! Ah well, I'm sure they'll work just as well. I used merino wool this time and it's sooo soft and lovely :D

Where's the join? They're lovely. Wish I could do that!

rachel, see the stripe across the middle, but tbh, i thought it was the design lol, i should know aswell cos i think ive made that one before :blush:

x

:O Monkeh aint you clever lol

anyone wanna make me a pair of longies? i have a 3.5 oz skirn of Aran BFL and cant knit to save me life...

my mum taught me when i was 9, i did really well, i was making a scarf for me, after half an hour i completely forgot everything she said and well it became a scarf for my barbie :rofl:

I never did understand knitting, I used to love doing crochet when I was younger but cant for the life of me remember how to do it. Must be 20 odd years since I tried (gosh that akes me sound old)

I can't knit to save myself, but crochet is sooo easy and quick. :thumbup:

hmmm mum can knit :rofl: i'll moan at her to do some..

monkeh how much wool did it take for you to do the longies

Ummm, about 120g or so? (2 and a bit skeins, which were 50g each)

This might be a daft question but is there a difference in the amount of wool you need to crochet and knit? For the same size item, would one way use more wool than the other?

Soaker:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/XanthusGail/Dexterino/IMG_1995.jpg

Think I meesed up the join a bit - it looks a bit obvious! Ah well, I'm sure they'll work just as well. I used merino wool this time and it's sooo soft and lovely :D

What pattern did you use please :)

https://withatangledskein.blogspot.com/2008/02/little-fire-crochet-soaker-pattern.html

i thought i recognised it lol, i made that one in the first place but couldnt get a good fit on leyla, it was too short in the rise and then it was too bulky inbetween her legs, so i had to make my own up :wacko: which tbh is still a bit big lmfao, but much better on the rise

x

That one seems to fit Dexter ok. I'm thinking maybe the legs could have been slimmer (he's got chicken legs :haha:) but I think it'll be ok. I need to find a good longies pattern cause I just made it up as I went along last time and now I don't know what I did :haha:

theres one on that same site, ive used it twice now and both times came out lovely, well one is huge but i put ribbing around the bottom of the legs and with teh drawstring they look like they fit lmfao

x

:lol:

Will have a look later :D Need to buy more wool though...

sooo...the soaker i made leyla, the pink and black one lol, i made it to that pattern up there first of all, but it didnt fit right so i unpicked it all and made my own pattern which fit lovely, then i decided i wanted to add a white skirty but would look better with white cuffs and wasitband and a white skirt, so am currently unpicking it and making it for the third time :haha:

will post pics tomorrow when i finish :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"