• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DIY APRIL come on girls

Oooh sounds pretty :D

Dexter's soaker is lanolized now and I've bought a bedbug, so tonight he's in his bedbug and wool. I'm a bit nervous about it!

ooh dont be nervous, leyla's been in in her longies over a terry nappy today and it was brill, i couldnt actually believe it worked lol

x

I think once I get past the first night it'll be fine, but for tonight I'll be paranoid and might even put a towel or something under his bum in bed just in case :rofl:

haha didnt you buy those disposable bed mat things for in case your waters broke in bed? i would use one of those :haha:

x

:haha: No, I had a washable mat thingy that actually belongs to my Mum (for foster kids... not for her :lol:) so that's at her house.

I'm just nervous cause I've lanolized them myself and am worried incase I've done something wrong :lol:

Lasinoh

eta: and ecover delicates/wool wash for the washing.

i did mine with 1/2tsp lansinoh and 1tsp baby bath then left them for a few hours and mine worked fine so as long as you didnt do anything drastically different you'll be fine :D

x

Yeah I did the same. I left them overnight though. :)

Well the wool held up great :happydance: It was bone dry on the outside this morning, though the bedbug was DRENCHED, and the wool was just damp on the inside. Thinking I maybe need to boost the bedbug a bit more. When I say drenched, I mean the entire thing was soaked, right up to the wings and everything. I think he must be a heavy wetter at night, even though he's not during the day. :shrug:

Well the wool held up great :happydance: It was bone dry on the outside this morning, though the bedbug was DRENCHED, and the wool was just damp on the inside. Thinking I maybe need to boost the bedbug a bit more. When I say drenched, I mean the entire thing was soaked, right up to the wings and everything. I think he must be a heavy wetter at night, even though he's not during the day. :shrug:

Leyla's the same... a Flip stay dry insert will often last her 5 hours during the day (when I'm naughty and forget to change her) but a bedbug with just its own inserts doesn't stand a chance overnight. I've just ordered some zorb so I might see if switching the boosters for that helps cos I don't want to give up the bedbugs!

I've seen zorb mentioned alot recently. Where did you order yours from? Might be worth a try with Dexter.

woohoo, glad it worked :happydance:

now i need to make some bamboo fitteds for leyla for under her wool at night, how many layers do you girls think i would need? and would i need a seperate soaker pad? she normally wears pop ins with the night time booster at night, or one of my old ones that have terry nappy instead of fleece on inside with 2 mf inserts and a wrap

x

Hi Ladies, I'm not very good with sewing machines etc but my MIL is fab so shes going to look at making me some nappies :D I found one site which had instructions on how to make them but just wondered if anyone could recommend any?

I've looked at your piccies you've posted on here and your all so cleaver! wish I was able to do things like that :blush: cant wait to come back to this thread and see how your all getting on :D

I've seen zorb mentioned alot recently. Where did you order yours from? Might be worth a try with Dexter.

I've just ordered some zorb from https://www.ecoearthfabrics.co.uk/showproduct.php?org_id=12831&product_id=12661 but it doesn't actually say how wide it is so I'm hoping it's not tiny hehe.

At the moment, they seem to have a mistake in their system - when you order anything, it gives you a 2% discount for spending over £100 and then another 3% off for spending over £500, even when you don't spend anywhere near that. It works out that you get free postage with the discount, though they might ask for it back, I don't know. Worth a go though if you were going to buy some anyway. It's pricey but I couldn't find anywhere else in the UK to buy it from.

I want to use mine to make boosters for bedbugs because the two they come with aren't absorbant enough for us. Hope the zorb does the trick cos I love the bedbugs.

Thanks for the link :thumbup: I'm waiting on a wnnn arriving soon, and we'll see how we get on with that. If he's still wetting through that I think I'll consider making a zorb booster. :D

ive just ordered some zorb so am gna have a go making nappies out of that and see how i get on, i want something for turkey aswell that wont be too bulky because obv itll be boiling so i figured 2 layers of zorb all covered in fleece like an all in one, that wouldnt be too boiling would it? would that be absorbant enough do you reckon?

x

donna i get my wool from https://www.woolaballoo.com/ Daisy's soaker is made out of it :D so soft :cloud9:

ive finished leylas soaker skirty finally, for the third time LMAO

x

Attachments

• Photo-0110.jpg
    Photo-0110.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo-0111.jpg
    Photo-0111.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts