• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dizzy and black outs , help please!

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
My dr is out of the office today :( for the past few days I have been getting really dizzy and my vision is blacking out when going from sitting/laying to standing.... It only lasts for a few seconds and I have to hold on to something til my Vision comes back ..... I know dizziness is norm, but to what extent ? Does this happen to anyone else?

Ive had this recently. ...try getting up/moving really slowly.
if it continues might be worth popping to docs and just asking what it could be xx

Blood pressure. If you start getting headaches then go to the doc asap. I have low blood pressure problems and when I get up I will get extremely dizzy and my vision starts going out. When this happens I just bend over until it goes away. Try drinking more water as it has been helping mine not to be as bad :)

Thanks so much! My blood pressure is naturally very low.....worried!, hope this gets better over time, so bending over helps ? I'll have to try that, glad to hear this is a semi common thing and I'm not the only one..... I think I just had an anxiety attack worrying so much about baby when this happens, I couldn't breathe, went #2 a million times , trembling......ugh I just need to hear this is normal!

Thanks so much! My blood pressure is naturally very low.....worried!, hope this gets better over time, so bending over helps ? I'll have to try that, glad to hear this is a semi common thing and I'm not the only one..... I think I just had an anxiety attack worrying so much about baby when this happens, I couldn't breathe, went #2 a million times , trembling......ugh I just need to hear this is normal!

Bending over always helps me but I'm not sure if It's recommended. I was always told to sit back down for a few minutes, but if I did it would happen all over again when I stood back up. So now when it happens, often as I too have low bp as a normal thing, I stand up slowly and when I start stepping I will just bend over and prop my hands on my knees until it passes then go on with what I'm doing lol. Keeping hydrated is a must as dehydration will make it worse. I have to drink lots and lots to not have spells and we'll I don't like drinking fluids constantly. And add a little extra salt to your diet also :)

I have exactly the same thing. Been happening since around week 4.
I have low blood pressure anyway and thinking this is why it is happening so often

Thanks for the tips! What does salt help with? Raising the Bp? Sometimes I feel like I need to raise my Bp but I don't know how........ I feel the same, sitting down when it happens feels pointless because it just happens again, usually I close my eyes for 5 seconds and hold onto the wall or something And then I'm back on track lol
Lora have you talked to your dr about it yet?
My dr just called me back and told me this is completely normal ...... Unless I'm blacking out for a long period of time and my vision doesn't come right back, I shouldn't worry too much and stay extra hydrated...

Salt helps raise blood pressure :) I'm a wall gripper too lol. Sometimes it doesn't hit immediately, but after I start walking and if I'm near a wall I will hang onto it instead of bending over but bending over seems to help it faster. My bp usually runs 80/ 50-60, this week has been really low in the 60 - 70s over 40-50s! I did become dehydrated this week from peeing so much but not taking in enough water. I realized that when I kept get dizzy just from sitting and then my leg muscles were tight. Dizziness is definitely worse if you aren't drinking enough water. I HATE salt , except my chips lol, but I've been salting my food a little more lately.

I haven't spoken to doctor yet, only because it used to happen before I got pregnant occasionally, now it's very often.
I'll mention it to midwife when I see her but im pretty sure it's normal - it's mentioned in my 'what to expect when you're expecting' book as a symptom so I'm not gonna worry too much :)

I'm anemic and get dizzy constantly. I have to take slow release iron pills. Being pregnant, I'm sure I'm more prone to it. I also notice I get nausea and dizzy when I'm hungry so I try to keep snack near by. I suggest you train yourself to move slower. If you're low in iron, talk to your doctor about supplement that won't upset your stomach too much. Also try not to look up and down too fast.. like when you're searching for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->