Do babies 'know' when someone is pregnant?

shirlls

Reaction score
I was in the company of (an absolutely gorgeous) 2 month old baby tonight and there was a group of us. The baby took a total fascination with me and kept staring, he wouldn't take his eyes off me, so much so that people in the group commented on it.

Someone said that it might be something to do with the fact I am 16 weeks pregnant and babies can just 'tell' when a woman is pregnant.

Has anyone ever heard of this? If it is true, it is quite fascinating

I havent heard of this before but cant say I think it would be the case TBH. x

the night my son's caregiver when into labor, all her babies slept most of the day. So strange in fact!!

maybe it is something to do with hormones? that makes perfect sense to me especially seiing as they can't see so much at that age x

Well apparently my family strongly believes that! Especially when it comes to determine gender of the unborn LO! It has been said if a toddler 2 and younger is really attached or attracted to you then you are having the opposite sex! But if the child seems to dislike you then it's the same sex as the child giving you te cold shoulder!

Lol strange but sometimes it works

I beleive that infants, toddlers and children know. Its either just the sense, or scent or something. My sons are attached to me and I hope it is a girl LOL
My toddler, 2, seen my 6 week ultrasound and said BABY DUCK *means baby stuck* I beleive they know. and now when ever I show him any ultrasound he says it duck lol

im not 100% if i believe it but my nephew said "auntie bb's baby girl!!" he keeps telling everyone its a girl... our gender scan is wed sooooo we shall see!!! he is 3!!!

i dont beleive children know but i indeed think that dogs know.. my mums dogs are taller than me stood up and jump up everyone as soon as youre in the door but not me when im pregnant. people also say dogs can sense cancer etc. everyone has their beleifs lol

I noticed before I was pregnant that children and animals tended to shy away from me (I think it's because they scare me) now that I'm in my second trimester small children want to talk to me or just be around me and most animals either are really friendly to me or leave me alone.

So I think there could be something there.

Well apparently my family strongly believes that! Especially when it comes to determine gender of the unborn LO! It has been said if a toddler 2 and younger is really attached or attracted to you then you are having the opposite sex! But if the child seems to dislike you then it's the same sex as the child giving you te cold shoulder!

This is how it has been with my 18 month old boy. From the beginning of this pregnancy he has been coming up to me and rubbing my belly, hugging it and chattering to it. We are having a girl so maybe there is something to it...I don't know but I really think he has been able to sense my being pregnant from very early on. :)

I've heard people say that a lot but my five year old had no idea despite my large bump! She knew what a bump meant as her teacher was pregnant too but she just kept patting my tummy and saying "have you eaten too much again?" PMSL. Intuitive...

My DS told me I was pregnant before I knew i was, he's 3. Reckons it's a baby girl called Sophie.....shall find out in 3 weeks time!x

When I was in Ikea last, there was a woman in front of me holding a baby who was looking over her shoulder. The baby kept looking at me and smiling. It was so cute! Don't know if it's because the baby knew or what...but still cute ^^

In Cambodia they believe a baby can tell the gender of an unborn baby. You dangle a young baby (e.g. 3 months) over a bump and see how many feet it puts down - 1 for a girl, 2 for a boy.

Having said this, I was predicted a girl by a friend's daughter and am having a boy. Maybe she was just having a backwards day!

I believe this also. My 1 year old nephew would always come to me. Everytime he saw me he would smile. Now, he does not want me to hold him...even if I look at him, he starts to cry. He was never like this until I got pregnant and found out I was having a boy. It is so strange.

I think my daughter knew i was pregnant cause she started sleeping on my belly more and becoming more clingy. I also have had friends say that since im pregnant I have the mommy horomones babies feel. I dunno I always have been told that your babies can feed and feel your emotions (we are a bunch of new age hippies lol) so I very much believe my daughter knew she had a little sister on the way.

My niece (2 and a half) keeps rubbing my belly, cuddling me etc and my nephew is shying away from me, not very chatty with me when we were so close before I got pregnant so maybe it's true, I find out tomorrow what I'm having.
My oldest Yorkshire Terrier (14 years old) has not left me alone and he hasn't really bothered with me in the 14 years we've had him, he's more for my parents. He is actually coming into the bedroom in the morning and lying by my stomach :|

My 18 month old keeps pulling up my top to rub my belly...but when I say to him where's daddies baby (daddy had quite a belly) he never does that.....so I am thinking he actually knows that there's a difference between my bump and dh's belly

As for dogs...my mums dog has never really shown much interest at all until the other day when I was looking after her and had a hypo...she just stood there and looked at me until it my sugars started to rise again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->