• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do babies tummy need to adjust to formula?

Mimzy3

Reaction score
My son is breastfeed currently. I'm wondering does a baby need time to get used to formula?

I gave my son a bottle of Earth's Best (its the only kind he will drink) and he ended up puking it all back up. Does the babies belly need time to adjust to formula or is it just that, that formula doesn't sit well with him and to try a different kind? THANKS!!! :flower:

I would say yes, ideally, but it could be that he also just doesn't get on with that brand. Did it happen more than once? It could also have just been a coincidence. If you are switching from breast to formula, they usually recommend doing a mix of breast milk and formula, slowing increasing the amounts of formula as he tolerates them. Formula isn't as easily digested as BM and some babies just don't take to it. You might also try a different brand. We had a horrible experience with the nice expensive organic brand here, which led to projectile vomiting after every feed, when I was switching from BM. Switched to a different brand and she was fine.

When I gave him too much 4oz he spit it all back up. When I gave him just 2oz he held it down. So I'm wondering if its the formula or that he just needs time to get used to it. :shrug:

are you burping him enough? DS needs burping after every ounce. If not it all comes back up.

are you burping him enough? DS needs burping after every ounce. If not it all comes back up.

DS screams when I take away the bottle to burp him then sometimes when I give him back the bottle he won't drink anymore. So I now just wait for him to take a break then burp him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->