Do human beings have the right to commit suicide?

every one has the right to do with their life what they wish. nobody will be able to stop them anyways if they have it in their mind this is what they want to do, but i do think it is selfish as so many will be hurt by it.

I would like to say no we dont have the right to commit suicide. As mad as tthis is going to sound being a practicing catholic has actually stopped me from outright killing myself as I would go to Hell. To most it sounds silly i know.

BUT.. i have worked in care homes with the frail/elderly and dementia for years and saw so much suffering. One woman had had over 30 mini storkes and at the grand old age of 60 was immobile, could not talk or eat unaided. She continued having mini strokes while i worked there and couldnt tell anyone when she was having one/in serious pain, we only knew the following days after.
Another woman lay immobile in her bed, could not communicate and was fed via a tube in her stomach. She had us carers and a family that visited once a month. Is it life?

I sometimes feel we treat our pets with more kindness. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->