Do I have the right to be upset?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Our first scan is tomorrow and my husband can't get the day off work.
I told him when we first got the appointment to schedule it off. THREE WEEKS AGO! Not only that but I have reminded him daily for THREE WEEKS!
"Talk to your manager, schedule it off"
"Talk to your manager, don't forget!"

So finally he gets around to doing it yesterday... YESTURDAY and of course they decline it. I'm irked.

Seriously if he had did it the first dozen times I asked him to, I wouldn't have to go alone with my one year old.

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to have a wand shoved up my vagina and entertain a needy little one. It's not like I can put her on my lap! Also, what if something's wrong? How am I going to handle bad news all alone?

I have the right to be pissed right? :growlmad:

Yep I would be pretty pissed too. You've given him ample opportunity to take the time off.

What was his reason for not requesting it sooner??

Oh no question, I would be furious.

I'm sorry :(

Maybe a nurse can come in and hold on to your little one?

And it's going to be just fine so all you'll have is a big smile on your face when you leave that room. :)

Honestly if it was my husband I would still expect him to come. I would ask him to tell his boss, sorry but its important. If he really couldnt I would rescedual the scan. Its probably just me but it isnt something I would want to do without him. If you have to go without him is there someone else you would feel comfortable with, like mother or sister.

He's very forgetful...

That would make me so mad... It's not like you haven't reminded him or that it's not an important appointment.

Like pp mentioned maybe a nurse could help, or is there another member of family or mum/sister or close friend that can help? :hugs:

Id be upset, and annoyed, but ive been to first scans alone and although not ideal, it was ok. Hope it goes well.

My partner lives 3 hrs away so this is a reality for us too. I went to a scan alone but we had a private one that weekend so he could come xx

Honestly if it was my husband I would still expect him to come. I would ask him to tell his boss, sorry but its important. If he really couldnt I would rescedual the scan. Its probably just me but it isnt something I would want to do without him. If you have to go without him is there someone else you would feel comfortable with, like mother or sister.

Maybe I should tell him that. Unfortunently my mother and sister have passed and my younger sister moved a state away. I'll talk again with my hubby

I'd be annoyed as well. But you'll be fine either way. Is there anything your LO is fascinated with that isn't usually allowed, like maybe playing with your phone or a special snack or something? I'd say this is a "whatever it takes" situation. And your tot will only need entertaining for about 10 minutes or so. Best of luck!

I'd be furious too, and I'd make him take either a sick day or unpaid leave! It's way too important to be lazy and forget about!
Big hugs and I hope your scan goes well xxxxxx :hugs:

ah sorry i def understand your annoyance, men..

Sigh as if this isn't stressful enough. I told DH last night he has the easy part so I don't want to hear any complaints from him lol. I hope your scan goes well hun and I really hope somehow some way DH is able to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->