Do I need to switch birth control methods?

Whatevs

Reaction score
I'm on birth control pills and this past Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I got my period, which would be fine if it wasn't during my third week of active pills. I am 99% sure this isn't just breakthrough bleeding since I haven't had that since 2 years ago during my first month of the pill and then it was only pink spotting and this is a period like all of my other ones on the pill.
So I'm wondering if this is a sign of breakthrough ovulation, since it's supposed to be that the drop in hormones is what brings on a period and the only way I can think of that I would get a period on the active pills is if my body overrode the hormones in the pill and I ovulated and got to the end of the luteal phase. If this was breakthrough ovulation I definitely want to switch methods because I couldn't trust the pill without a condom, and if I'm going to have to use a condom why bother with a pill. Oh and I took two tests, one Wednesday morning and one this morning to rule out pregnancy and both negative so I'm not worried about that.

Yep, all taken correctly. They probably are working and I'm just overthinking it, which I have a habit of doing. I just hate the not knowing for sure, I even researched whether or not I could track bbt on the pill to be sure, but from what I've read it wouldn't be accurate. So I guess I'll wait till my prescription runs out in 5 months and then reevaluate what method is best for me.

I went back and forth on whether or not to switch from the pill for the better part of two years for various reasons. In the end, I got pregnant but it ended early in a loss. That prompted me to finally get an IUD - I feel so much more secure now. I'd say keeping close track of your body through each cycle over the next few months is a good idea. Research other methods in the meantime and then you can make a well informed decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->