Do I still have a chance?

angel11

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just came off BC (27 - 28 day cycle on it, but sure I use to have 30 - 35 day cycles). So I did an ovulation test around my CD14 and it was all negative.

On 27 March (CD18) we had :sex: (didn't do any OPK). On 28 March (CD 19) i had slight cramping and did a test and it was very bright and positive. So we :sex: that night. On 29 March (CD20) I did another OPK and it was still positive but lighter than previous day. Again we :sex:. So my plan was to also :sex: on 30 and 31 March, but DH and I had a "misunderstanding:growlmad:" and ended up not having :sex: last night.

So now I am very dissapointed and sad and wondering whether we still perhaps have a shot? My peak was on 28 March so if I ovulated 12 - 36 hours later, then the :sex: of the 29 March could perhaps still have given me a chance?

Any words of wisdom to make me feel better?:flower:

Sperm lives a few days inside the woman and in the right conditions it can live up to 5 days, so I'd say you're covered from the sex you had 27, 28 and 29 :)

No problem - this is what buddies are for ;)

I'm good thank you, I'm still waiting to see if I'm going to ovulate, other than that I managed to take a couple of chunks of skin out of my hand when I was slicing cheese earlier. I shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen, but I love cooking :)

How about you?

My advice is try not to stress like this at the first month off the pill.
Mostly woman body needs some time to get back in order. Yes, there are some women who get pregnant in 2-3 months after the pill. But, try not to stresss yourself and your DH like "we should have done it". Because at the end of the day, even if you had only 1 BD session around ovulation, there is a chance that you're in.

And also, I had every textbook pregnancy symptom in the first 2 months off the pill. Keep in mind that coming off the pill may make you feel pregnant when you're closer to the end of your cycle. I was so excited and thought I was pregnant for sure, it was devastating when I found out it's just the pill. I don't want anyone else to go through the same thing.
Good luck hun :flower:

Yes I think there is a good chance from the day of your positive OPK. Especially if you had egg-white cervical mucus (EWCM) - the sperm can live for a few days there.

When you are on BC you don't really have a period - the bleeding is caused not by ovulation but by withdrawal from the estrogen in the pills. So when you go back to ovulating, the ovulation will control the length of your cycles. Its also hard to know when you will first ovulate after going off the BC pill - so don't take the length of this cycle as an indication of future cycles.

For example when I went off BC I had my first period 33 days after my pills ended, but now I have 26-29 day cycles. You'll have to wait for a full cycle off the pills before figuring out your cycle length (which will probably be the same length as before you were on the pill depending on how long you were on the pill for)

Good luck - keep in mind that even if you timed it perfectly you'd only have about 25% chance of getting pg in any given cycle so you may need several cycles to beat the odds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->