Do u cook from scratch or use jars etc for babies over 1

familygirl30

Reaction score
Just wondering if u hav ever used such as a bolognese sauce to cook with or do u make everything from the beg

if your asking for just spag bol sauce ive only ever made my own never ever bought a jar its literally chopped tomatoes/passata garlic and herbs but in general i dont use jars etc i make my own

I've given him boxed mac n cheese a couple of times. I also warm up frozen pre-cooked chicken strips (non breaded ones) and chunk them up sometimes.

I just don't have the time to make everything from scratch every time for his meals.

I make everything from scratch, for myself and my LO. Never use jars as to me there is no point (and their salt and sugar content is ridiculous!).

I batch cook and freeze so it's very very easy.

I make scratch meals for the family and my babies eat what we eat from 6mo, but we do baby-led weaning.

We cook our food from scratch anyway so LO (he is only 9 months just now) just has what we have or what we had for last nights dinner. Tonight his dinner is Korean style sweet and sour pork with a little rice and lots of veggies.

It depends on activities or things going on that night...if its a busy night ill use jarred food...or frozen prepared foods...if not then fresh:):)

It depends on activities or things going on that night...if its a busy night ill use jarred food...or frozen prepared foods...if not then fresh:):)

This. My babies only 8.5 months but eats what we eat. If I have time, them from scratch, if not then something quick & easy or what I have kept frozen.

I mainly cook from scratch as he has what we have. However line PP if it's a busy night or we're out I use the jars.

Do you mean like a dolmio sauce ? Yes but it's the only time I do everything else is from scratch

I used jars as he eats what we eat. Yes it's better to cook from scratch but with two little ones, a husband who works away, housework, actual work as well as playing and looking after the children I really don't have much time. So yes domino spag bol it is. I do a mixture though... Always make my own cheese sauce and cottage pie. Just depends. If you mean baby food jars then no as he has always refused to eat them!

Don't feel you have to become a chef. DH is our family chef, he does ALL the cooking. If it wasn;t for that then yes absolutely I'd use jars of premade sauces like dolmio, curry bases etc. On the nights it is just me and LO this is what I do.

As long as LO stays within the guideline amounts of salt, I wouldn't (and don't) worry about using jars of sauce sometimes. All things in moderation is my motto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->