• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

do u have to test by days after ovulation, can it be days after sex?

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
Is there a certain no of days after having sex that u know u would be getting an accurate result? Thanks x

I don't think so. I think the issue is that sperm can live in you for days, the egg only lives 12-24 hours, so fertilization definitely took place when ovulation occurred, but not necessarily when sex occured.

Hi, sorry to party crash. As sugrplum pointed out, your egg only survives for about 24hours and sperm can live up to 5days. To help get an accurate result, test the day your period is due or a few days sooner (some tests say 5days). For the best result, wait until after your period was due as testing earily may yeild a BFN since implantation may not have occured yet.

they say 19 days after the LAST time you had intercourse

Yeah, I would go by what Rei has said. You can go by a particular amount of days after the last time you had intercourse, but it's not as "exact" a science as tracking by ovulation (not that that's very exact either! :haha: ). Hope this helps! :hugs: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->