Do you always have a 'Main' gift for your LO's, or lots of smaller gifts? :)

C

Ceejay123

If so, what are they? :D

Usually we have one main gift (a few last year). I.E Last year my LO had an ipad mini, his brother had an xbox and ipad.

This year my LO's got 5-6 £40 gifts, then lots of smaller ones, whereas his brother still has a 'main gift' so probably has a little less but more in money.

How do you do it? x

Depends I guess on what he wants/asks from Santa. This year he wanted more marble race stuff so he's getting 4 packs of Q-Ba Maze Marble race sets for his main and a few smaller things as well.

It depends on what they want and need. Normally I can't afford to spend lots of money on anything, the most expensive gift either one of the girls has gotten was an American Girl doll for her birthday (Roxy when she turned 7) and that was literally all she got from us as far as gifts go. Usually they get a good amount of smaller ($40 or under, more often under $20) gifts.

They each choose one thing to ask Santa for and I suppose that functions as their main gift. For Roxy this year it's a skateboard and Lizzy it's an Ariel doll.

Last year she got a bike but this year she has smaller things.

Generally he has a main gift that comes from me then the rest are smaller gifts (less than £30 each) from Santa.

Nothing 'main' here really but I guess the playmobil set is a massive box so that looks quite important:haha: It didn't cost more than the smaller boxed Lego set though, (£15 and £20) There's nothing that cost over £20.

Last year it was lots of little gifts.
This year she wanted a bike so that is her big present and we've got her some little presents such as jigsaws, books, etc :)

I think it's just going to depend on what she wants or needs at the time. Last year she got a wooden kitchen, which I guess was her main gift. This year we did get her a bike, but it's a bit too big for her right now, so we're keeping it back for her birthday. So now she's got lots of smaller gifts, the most costing about £25.

I've never considered anything to be a main gift; I just get what I think she'll like. She actually ended up with 3 bigger things this year (not big in cost, but big space wise) I suppose the biggest would be her playhouse, but I built it so it wasn't terribly expensive.

DS hasnt got a main gift as all he asked for was transformers so he has quite a few smaller gifts x

Depends what they ask for tbh.

Most years they have had one big item then smaller stuff but last year my oldest got a collection of stuff for his 'main gift' (which was toy story toys)
'
This year my oldests big present is a tablet so not really big in size but he also has the ninja turtles sewer thing so thats a fair size.

My youngests main thing is a wooden castle which will be big once build up however only cost £10 :') he also has a switch and go huge t-rex and big imaginext boat.

then they both have smaller bits.

Dor us it depends. This year I really wanted to get them a play kitchen as a joint main. (which I have plus accessories). Then I bought them 10-12 smaller presents for their Santa sack, although I just got everything out and sorted it and 1.They won't fit in the sack and 2. More like 14-15. All roughly £20 and under gifts.
OH is going to kill me, I really didn't think we had as much. Ooops

I do a big gift if it's something wanted like a bike, but if not I wouldn't get lots of small gifts to make it up, I'd still just get one thing. (I say that now DS is three and delighted at the idea of getting a sweet for christmas, lol)

This year from us DS, 3, has a peppa pig hospital duplo set and that's all from us. From Santa he has the 7 paw patrol pups and vehicles (I didn't even know there was an Everest but it was half off at Very so thought why not) and some small stocking fillers; sweets, cup, flannel etc.
DD, 1.5, has a portable DVD player from us, then Santa got her an easel and the same stocking fillers.
All in all i think I spent around £150 on the 2 of them put together.

I like the idea of a main present every year, but I suppose it all depends on what they're into or what they've asked for.

My LO's only 3, but last year he got a wooden kitchen as his main present. This year, there isn't really a main one as such but he's got a few thomas trackmaster sets and we're going to build the biggest one up and have that set out.

We do one bigger main present from santa, and a few smaller ones from us. My daughter is having a baby nursery care set, my middle son a sylvanian family house and my youngest a toot train set from santa this year- and a stocking on their bed.

Then they each have a sack with 6 presents in from us.

So excited!

They both have 2 main gifts than a bunch of smaller gifts :)

This year there main gifts only cost £20 &£25 but it's the gifts that will be unwrapped and I'd bigger in size. Some of there smaller gifts cost more than this but will be wrapped up.
In the coming years I would like to do one main gift like kitchen, train table, bike etc etc and that one would always be unwrapped

They are a farm house and a dolls house.

I hadn't really thought about this. Rio's main gift I suppose this year is his wooden kitchen and accessories. But he has lots of other big box items and quite expensive smaller box items too so, are they main presents too? I don't really know!
Off my mil and fil he's getting a ride in remote controlcar that'll be his main present but they really spoil him too much so he will get loads more also.
His main present off my mum is the vtech huge switch n go t-Rex plus some little bits.

Mainly the 'main item' for us tends to just be what we think he will like best rather than what cost most or is biggest. I didn't set out to have a main gift I've just got what I think he will like, and got way too much btw so I hope the grotto stays open a little after Christmas so I can have a cry on a thread about having nowhere to sit for toys :( lol x

Depends what he is after or needs. We were going to get Santa to bring a bike but really DS was more after small figures so the bike idea has been shelfed for his birthday. So Christmas is little things

My boys usually have one big main gift and then some medium and smaller stuff, this year their main gifts are an xbox one and a laptop ::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->