Do you always have a 'Main' gift for your LO's, or lots of smaller gifts? :)

We've not always done a 'main gift'. This year he has one. It's a keyboard and microphone :) he also had a wooden cooker a few years back.

We always do a big gift and then lots of smaller ones, can see this changing in next year or so tho. So far
DS1 1st Christmas was a trike
Ds1 2nd Christmas was a wooden kitchen
Ds1 3rd Christmas was a bike
DS1 4th Christmas was a fliker
Ds1 5th Christmas was a bike.

DS2 1st Christmas was a jumperoo
DS2 2d Christmas was a ride on tractor and scooter
DS2 3rd Christmas was a bike

This year both boys have got a go kart and about 20 presents each. I have got carried away this year, have already put a few things away for birthdays.

Spent £250 on each

We don't specifically aim for a main gift but sometimes they end up with one x

Depends, so far there has been a main present every year but that hasn't been deliberate. This year DD1 has the Bigjigs fairy town train set as her main present (as in the most expensive single item) and DD2 has a wooden dolls pram. Both have mostly smaller things in addition to these.

Usually a main gift off us, 4-5 medium size gifts off Santa, then 10-12 smaller gifts from us and then whatever family buy x

Both mine have tablets as their most expensives but I wouldn't say they were mains. I think my dd will consider her dolls house her main and ds will consider is Disney infinity 3.0 and character his main present.

Last year, Connor had a big pirate ship toy as his main gift. That's because he really wanted a pirate ship, bless him. This year there isn't anything specific or big that he's asked for, so he's got lots of smaller presents but no main gift.
Saskia is getting a ride on car, that'll be her main gift. She's got a few smaller presents too, but she's only little so doesn't need much.

We always have a shared main, an individual main each then lots of smaller gifts. This year they have two shared mains (thanks to DH buying them an iPad mini last week without my knowledge!), they have the iPad and a wooden country kitchen. DD has a new dolls pram (if it arrives in time - eeek) and DS1 has a scooter. I had a big wooden easel out away that I bought half price a few weeks ago too, but I'm keeping that for DD's birthday in January.

(DS2 is only 6 months this Christmas, but we have bought him a jumperoo).

I tend to it's usually the most expensive or the biggest one x

DD1's main at first was a wiggle car (by size). Now it's an Xbox one (by cost).
DD2 just has no main in particular.

We usually just buy what they'll like whether it's bigger/smaller or more/less expensive. There's no main gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->