do you believe?

For me, I definitely do not beleive in a ''God'' or any religion. The thing that most gets me is the amount of different religions there are (and especially religions that have different ''branches'' i.e. Christianity - Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness etc - I just can't figure out how all of these ''branches'' beleive in the same God & read from the same bible but follow and interpret it differently!) Which religion/belief is right? They can't all be :shrug: Where as with nature & science, it's there for us to see (dinosaur remains, evolution, etc)... and science is forever developing and growing I don't think it'll be too long before the proof that everyone needs will be discovered.

Until I see actual proof of a religion or a God, I will live my life how I and society see fit - doing what I want (within reason/legally!). I couldn't imagine living a certain way to make sure I get to heaven (or whatever!) in the next life... and then when I die, for there to be no next life/heaven/nothing!

I believe in Science but I also believe that there is a spirtual side to the world, and I feel like some people just are scared to believe in it :) (My OH one of them)

I think you can believe in "science and evidence" as well as a higher power.

Example: Love. I believe my love for my OH and my LO is not just a chemical reaction in my body. Therefore in my reality I love my OH more than he loves me because he believes its all science. (I kinda believe we each have our own realities and life is what we make of it for ourselves) I also believe my soul is something that cannot be explained by science. I am fine with it being an unknown. I don't think mainstream religions really cover it either.

This is what I believe too. :D

And I also believe these emotional responses is what makes us thrive in life. We have passions, goals, hope and faith, and these are emotions that no other mammal other than a human can possess, we have the power to realise that there is more than just science and nature, chemistry, physics and biology, the spiritual side is the unknown world that we deny exists as its 'not seen' but is felt. Without feeling we are souless as humans.

oh just wanted to add that having faith in spirituality isn't always about 'believing in a deity/or a book 'someone' has written' :)

I am not overly religious, I am more spiritual but do agree with alot of science. I am mixed up but I need SOME faith for my own sanity, I dont need proof for somethings, they are best left as miracles and the wonders of nature x

I think the world is amazing and special enough without having to ''believe'' or have ''faith'' in anything. Just open your eyes. That's a miracle in itself :shrug:. I have faith.... in my loved ones!

We can't see our thoughts but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
We can't see God but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Such interesting views and it's refreshing to see a religious discussion not going sour :flower:

Thought id bump this up as its interesting to read them all, without horrible comments!

Me personally, i dont believe in a god, a creator, a "mother". I dont think we should give someone all the credit for the earth, the moon, stars, planets, people, plants etc.

I believe greatly in science, and id rather give money and time to science than i would a church. I believe in evolution, medicine, chemistry... I am very much a "text-book" atheist in that respect.

I did tread the line of wondering if we were just a giant sims game for a while... it seems to coincidental sometimes, and i dislike "fate" ... again, giving someone or something the credit when actually life is your own making, and you get out of it what you put in.

x

certainly interesting reading others beliefs on this :D for me, i'm not religious at all, at times of great distress i do became spiritual, but day to day, i would say for me, i don't believe in any god, and i'm definitely a firm believer in science.
i would say over the years by views have slightly changed, and mellowed. say 8/9 years ago in my student days, i took quite a, some may say harsh, Marxist view of religion. now i think of my self as very open, certainly always tolerate, but do for me, have no religious beliefs :flower:

As I believe in e other side but not sure what's there I am going to have a private reading with a medium my bil knows.

Shes picked up on things about bils grandfather that even he didn't no, so I can't wait...I'm hoping to speak to my oh.

I believe in God. Sometimes it is hard to when you see some of the things that happen in this world but growing up I was always told he would only give me what I could handle and thats why my views on suicide are what they are. I have had some tough things happen around me but I get up and I carry on. There are people in a far worse situation to me and thats what I think about. Whatever happens to you and around you makes you who you are. Some things are terrible and some things are amazingly wonderful. He creates all that happens and I believe he has his reasons.

I'd love to believe everything happens for a reason and what happens to us we are ment to handle.

But like use said it's so hard to see why things happen when something awful happens to u

This is why everyone has a different belief.
I found out I was pregnant at the end of 2007 and I lost the baby, just 5 months later my nan died and if I was pregnant I would of been 8 months and I wouldnt of been able to fly to Italy for her funeral which would have killed me if I couldnt go. Yes losing the baby was emotionally a rollercoaster and its hard on all beings but now I believe I know why. Just 2 months after my nan passed away I found out I was expecting again. This time with two little miracles. At 29 weeks I went into labour and I gave birth to two tiny little beings and now I see that I experienced that for a reason. I was chosen to have the girls early and thats how I believe things happen. This is how I live and this is how I choose to see what God is all about.

I have a 2 year old son and we were living in Germany as oh was in the army. He talked me into having another baby and I got pregnant first go, then my oh passed away and a week later I found out I was pregnant. I see this baby as a miracle. Because if we all have a date on our heads they gave me my babies as they new oh would be gone.

I'm trying to see the reasons but I doubt I ever will.
I've always had a sort of I believe but I don't believe view on god or the higher powers

I am Italian and its pretty common over there to go to Church and to be with a faith. Maybe thats why I believe but I am happy with what I believe.

Moomin Troll... :hugs: I never knew that was why you were alone with the babies :hugs: :hugs: Im so sorry for your loss :(

Laura, i like the idea that you'll only be given what you can handle... its a good way of thinking. Although i dont believe in the "god" part of it, i like the theory behind it i guess. x

I do not believe in any deity. It's completely illogical to me. The whole concept of religion honestly baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->