Do you "do" valentines day?

Elli21

Reaction score
We dont as a rule.

I dont think that a certain day should tell me when i should show affection to my bloke and i also think that a surprise on any other day makes it more genuine and real to me.

Do you celebrate it? And if so, how?

we get each other cards and thats it!!

i dont really get valentines day to be honest like you said why just one day of the year to tell them you love them! we tell each other everyday!

and as valentines is on tuesday me and OH are both at work till 8 anyway! lol x

I would normally do dinner, film, chocolates but I am single this year so just me and my tv! Not that I am bothered just make me a meal for one lol

We don't go overboard but we normally do something. Cards, chocolates or flowers. Maybe a takeout and a DVD.

we can take it or leave it lol.

we dont buy gifts but we usually buy each other a card, which i find pointless really, i have made my hubby one this year! i have been with my OH 10 years he has bought me flowers twice on valentines day which was nice as i didnt expect it.
we might have a take away and watch a movie together but this year he is working all day and night so we wont be doing anything but that doesnt bother me in the slightest, we are 'if we do, we do and if we dont, we dont' kinda people and dont get upset about it if we dont. iykwim.

saying that... i have done valentines gift bags for my girls and i will be taking them to see the muppets at the cinema as a little treat x

We dont as a rule.

I dont think that a certain day should tell me when i should show affection to my bloke and i also think that a surprise on any other day makes it more genuine and real to me.

Do you celebrate it? And if so, how?

Our opinion is the same as yours. In all truth, I don't like commerialisation of things. :blush: Love can't be measured with gifts and so-called cliche romantic gestures on one day of the year.

We sometimes do sometimes dont, it just depends what mood we are in. We always give cards and have a bottle of wine and dvd but we dont always buy gifts.

To be honest It is all just hype, on the plus side another excuse (if I ever needed one!!) to :babydance: This year we just getting each other cards and having a home cooked meal together. I would much rather spend money on presents for our anniversary and birthdays :)

We celebrate...we have been for a lovely meal this weekend, and we will have a romantic meal, small gifts and cards on Tuesday.

It doesn't mean we don't say I love you at other times, and we are always spontaneous with romantic gifts and gestures...it's just nice, when we are both so hectic with our day to day life, to have another excuse to spend some couple time together.

I love receiving flowers etc! :D

I'll be honest we do 'do' valentines day I know it's a money making holiday but I just love any excuse to get waited on and get given a nice surprise present lol xx

Not realy, we may get each other a card sometimes but thats it.
My birthday is on the 11th so id rather have all the flowers, chocolates and meals on that day plus OH aunts birthday is on the 14th so hes normaly off with his family doing somthing for her birthday.

I opted to work valantines day this year so im hoping loads of others do valantines so I can get some nice tips off of blokes showing off to their date :) most of them are skin flints though

Just cards for us. Sometimes I get a present or some flowers the next day when its all half price :haha:

we dont really do anything, sometimes we will buy a card, but tbh we don't need a piece of card to prove we are in love xx

No we don't. Got enough special dates with birthdays, christmas, wedding anniversary etc. I don't see the point :shrug:

I always seem to have no money then. I have bills need paying and swore wouldnt buy anything outside essentials till they where paid. I get nothing every year any way, may get a card. Fed up with it.

This is the first year i've ever done Valentine's day, never had a partner to celebrate it with, so its all exciting to me!

I do make sure I let him know everyday how much I love him so its not like i'm using just VD to show my affection. But its an excuse to get your love goggles on and be mushy for a day (eg heart cakes and what not :haha:) I love any excuse to decorate the place and get into a particular spirit :D

We "do" Valentines, although if for some reason we couldn't, I'd be fine. We buy a small present and have a nice dinner, either at home or in a restaurant. I'll take any excuse to spend a little extra time with hubby and talk about our mushy love feelings :p I get that the holiday has evolved over time and become commercialized (like all holidays, might I add), but I still like it!

I don't understand why people see it as a challenge to prove something, or some kind of attack on the validity of their relationship. You know, I don't think anyone is proving anything by not celebrating either! In my mind, why not take an evening to do something special, just the two of you? This year I am going to cook a nice meal and I bought my DH a video game. Nothing big, just sweet. I am going to make cupcakes in the shape of hearts. He will tell me its sooo cheesy and we will laugh and talk and kiss. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Nope we don't celebrate it, waste of money IMO.

I would rather he do it on any day except that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->