Do you give ur child mcdonalds? No comments please :)

This stems from all the food threads I've ever read, but why does everyone feel the need to throw out there that they give food without salt. Like instead of saying I let my kid have a few fries, it's always, I let my kid have a few fries with no salt. Why even bring it up in the first place? I mean, who cares? No one ever says, I give my kid a donut but take off the sprinkles first. I guess I just don't understand the point of saying it. If someone is going to judge you for the food you give your kids, the least of their concern is if you kept the salt on or not.

Sorry, it's just always bugged me that people always feel the need to throw that unsolicited detail out there. Feels good to finally say it. Rant over.

Probably because mcdonalds fries specifically are always over salted? I can't handle their salted fries either it's just too much for me.

how do you take the salt off? its not like theres giant salt grains on there! and why would you want to? unsalted fries are gross, so why bother eating them if theyre not salted?

how do you take the salt off? its not like theres giant salt grains on there! and why would you want to? unsalted fries are gross, so why bother eating them if theyre not salted?

I don't think unsalted chips are gross :shrug: I don't like a lot of salt on my food. You just ask them to not salt the chips.

i guess my thing is, theyre fried anyway, youre not getting any healthier!

i guess my thing is, theyre fried anyway, youre not getting any healthier!

No of course not and I don't care if people enjoy them with salt, I just don't and at home I don't put salt in Thomas' food so if I can avoid it whilst out I will.

This stems from all the food threads I've ever read, but why does everyone feel the need to throw out there that they give food without salt. Like instead of saying I let my kid have a few fries, it's always, I let my kid have a few fries with no salt. Why even bring it up in the first place? I mean, who cares? No one ever says, I give my kid a donut but take off the sprinkles first. I guess I just don't understand the point of saying it. If someone is going to judge you for the food you give your kids, the least of their concern is if you kept the salt on or not.

Sorry, it's just always bugged me that people always feel the need to throw that unsolicited detail out there. Feels good to finally say it. Rant over.

Didn't bite your tongue this time then!

Oops wrong thread:haha:

But the fries are salted in that big tray thing, so even if you ask for no salt on the current 'batch' of chips then there is still going to be salt on the tray from last time.

I put extra salt on the fries, I dont think they are salty enough :haha:

Probably because mcdonalds fries specifically are always over salted? I can't handle their salted fries either it's just too much for me.

My post isn't specific to mcdonalds. It's all the weaning/food threads I've read since I've become a member; people just always feel the need to mention it. I dunno, it just comes across as, "hey, I'm saying this before you have a chance to judge me about it"; even though who would judge.

I haven't read any thread where someone gives their kids fries (for example) and someone else says, "hmmmm, I hope you take the salt off".

It's also like when someone says they give their kid homemade cookies, totally organic and with no sugar. Why not just say you give your kid cookies? Does anyone really care if they are Oreos or organic, sugar free carrot cookies? No!

The one time I've taken Thomas I've waited an extra few minutes for fresh fries so no salt goes on them :) I am not sure if this is standard everywhere?

But the fries are salted in that big tray thing, so even if you ask for no salt on the current 'batch' of chips then there is still going to be salt on the tray from last time.

I put extra salt on the fries, I dont think they are salty enough :haha:

Me, too :blush:

My post isn't specific to mcdonalds. It's all the weaning/food threads I've read since I've become a member; people just always feel the need to mention it. I dunno, it just comes across as, "hey, I'm saying this before you have a chance to judge me about it"; even though who would judge.

I haven't read any thread where someone gives their kids fries (for example) and someone else says, "hmmmm, I hope you take the salt off".

Some people probably do because Lord knows there's not a shortage of people willing to jump down their throat if they don't say it's unsalted. I just don't put salt in Thomas' food that's why I say it :haha:

Some people probably do because Lord knows there's not a shortage of people willing to jump down their throat if they don't say it's unsalted. I just don't put salt in Thomas' food that's why I say it :haha:

Probably.

I don't add salt to Lane's food, but I give her food with salt in it. But I don't go around telling people that, because there's....um, no need to tell people that....?

Anyway, if it's really just a "few" fries, I personally don't think it matters.

Besides, you'd better not be dipping them in ketchup because that would defeat the purpose of taking off the salt. Plus it's loaded with sugar. Just sayin'.

I reaallly want a McDs now. They even have the American burgers on atm! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But then, this is the forum where people post nasty pictures of their toilet paper and ask, "is this my plug?", so I guess I should expect oversharing.

No option for me, not going to obsess about the salt content for a treat now and then. There's not one near us and not bothered enough about mcdonalds to walk/drive further to get one. So no, Louis has never had a mcdonalds.

There is no option for every day??? :wacko::haha:

My children are older, but yes once in a while they do have McDonalds. Morgan (9) and Kaysie (4) have chicken nugget happy meal and Naomi-Mae (7) will have a cheese burger happy meal. I know the burgers are sort of frown upon on here but she is that bit older, and besides it is just about the only place that didnt have horse in the burgers :rofl:

There are no independant places in our town because they were driven out of business by big chains.

My option wasnt there, No there is no mcdonalds near me but if there wasnt I wouldn't as its not proper food. We do have take aways but come from a restaurant which has better quality food. I am a coeliac so have limited places to go. I am sure now and again would be fine as when I was a child we had it like twice but only when we where on holidays.

Random, but here Pizza Hut started doing gluten free pizza. Maybe they do where you are too :flower:

Why are the burgers frowned upon though?It says on the website they are made from british or irish beef with a pinch of seaoning.I bet theres a whole lot more in a supermarket burger(notice I didnt say 'beef'burger)

To be honest when there are kids living on crisps and taking a packet of custard creme biscuits to school for their lunch,I dont feel bad one bit giving my kids junk food from time to time,at least I am feeding them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->