Do you have a date set? How/why?

notquite

*hopeful dreams*
Reaction score
Wondering how many people have a TTC date already set. Also, how did you come up with it - on your own, or did you and your SO decide on it together? Why did you choose that date - or, why haven't you chosen one?

I do not have a date. Mostly because I haven't talked to SO about it yet. :blush: Also there's a lot of things going on right now that are holding me back from TTC, and it's hard to say WHEN they will be over with. It's not like I'm waiting to get out of school or anything like that... it's just that my job right now sucks! Who knows how long it will take to find another one. :( I'd definitely prefer to find a new one, be there for at least 6 months, and then start trying. I have no idea what my SO will say when I ask him about it - planning on doing that in probably 3-4 months.

We're waiting until the last week of August this year. The reason is because that's the earliest I could pregnant and still be 'safe' to travel to Lanzarote in late Feb/early March 2011, when I have a planned holiday with all my family (to celebrate my 30th). If I were lucky enough to fall pregnant on the first try any earlier than this then they probably wouldn't let me fly and to be honest I wouldn't want to.

Obviously this also means that I will have to stop TTC by early December, as I will be too early on in pregnancy to fly and feel safe about it (I would much prefer to be past the magic 12 weeks before flying out to a foreign country).

I have been broody for years and years, but we knew it wasn't a possibility as OH had a lot of debt. We always said that as soon as he was debt-free we'd start trying. At the end of last year OH suddenly became very 'ready' and kept talking about children and babies and how he couldn't wait. He thinks a lot of this may have been due to him finally nearly being clear of the debt. Early this year I had a look at the figures and knew we'd be able to support a child from the latter half of this year. I mentioned it to OH and he originally said he didn't want me flying whilst pregnant. He changed his mind a few days later and said he's sick of waiting and why should we just keep waiting any longer than we already have. I was overjoyed (had hid my disappointment, so he wasn't saying it out of sympathy for me).

I really can't wait until we start TTC in August (if my cycles are kind to me and fall well - September if not). It seems a long way off, but I suppose it'll be here before we know it!

I hope all goes well with 'the chat' later on this year! Keep us informed.

Hello ladies I am new to this forum. We are palnnining on TTC around the middle of September through the end of October. Why??...Well I am in school, and I don't want to take a break. So I figured I would have a summer baby that way it will not interfear my schooling. Let just hope it works out that way!!:happydance:

Our TTC date was decided by DH. As I was just waiting for him to decide he's ready. But that date has been and gone, and DH still doesn't want to TTC. So I don't have a date anymore.:cry:

No date set exactly, we have a long list of things we need to do beforehand in our 'sensible' life plan. Mainly, DP needs to finish retraining in his new career choice (18 months away) and then we want to buy our own house. Once we're settled in we can start TTC, yay?

So I'm looking at two years plus, which seems a lifetime away to me :(

We don't have a date really because I'm not sure what the immediate future holds.

If I'm going to go back to work and try to see about a promotion and move out together,

If I'm going to go back to school for 2 years and wait to live together until I'm done...

Our TTC date was decided by DH. As I was just waiting for him to decide he's ready. But that date has been and gone, and DH still doesn't want to TTC. So I don't have a date anymore.:cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

We're going to (supposedly) try in September 2012, purely because septemeber 2007 when we first discussed it, we said we'd give it 5 years. This last 3 month or so I've been really broody, so brought it up and he said "we agreed 5 years...." so there it is... lol

we are moving over to ttc in May :happydance:

We have always talked about having children in the future and we wanted to get on the property ladder before hand. We got our first mortgage in june this year and we had a chat about ttc. OH said he still wasnt ready. We then booked a holiday for May this year - i was desperate to try for a baby and OH said we could try on holiday. At first i think he was a bit unsure but as the months went by he changed his mind and about a month ago he just clicked and said he wanted a baby. We are sitll waiting for the holiday though as we want to enjoy it to the full and not worry about me being pg whilst there.

I cant wait!!! Im so glad my OH came round and he is looking forward to it just as much as i am.

xx

awww lovehearts I'm so jealous!!! good luck hon!

We don't really have a set date. OH has said January 2011, and I'm sort of agreed to talk about it then :lol:

I only got a set limit like within the next 3 years :rofl: but apart from an about time I have no set date..

We're starting to try in May as I'd like to have another March baby. It was a good time for me to be pregnant and I really enjoyed it. I'm lucky in that I've been working for the same company for the last 5 years so I'm well settled there and it's not too bad really. OH has a great job in the same company and we're pretty secure. Yes I'd like to have a few more savings but if that was my reason for holding back then we'd never get round to having another!

We agreed on June 5th 2010 1. Because it is the day of my brother's wedding and it sort of seemed like a good milestone 2. We wanted to be married for minimum a year 3. I am on secondment at work from May til the end of November and I want to be able to do all of my secondment without having to think about finishing work/having a huge bump! 4. We are going on a road trip around Europe in the summer and this would not work with bump/baby.

Soooo...the earliest we decided we could be expecting a baby was March 2011 so June this year it is...:flower:

Well I put a self imposed dead like on it myself for OH which was Feb 2011, reason being is that I will have fully paid off my car loan and so won't have any debt except for our mortgage. OH, has not agreed to this tho, so this time next year cud also be us splitting up. :-(

Oh AmeliePoulain....March babies are great!!! Good luck to you :happydance:

Bmary83, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope your OH changes his mind...stay positive ok :flower:

My sister is getting married shortly after me (and I'm bridesmaid) in September, so I don't really want to risk feeling sick around then, so I was hoping to start September. My fiancé wants to wait until Jan 2011. So, I guess we'll see.

I really don't want to wait for another 11 months!

We agreed on June 5th 2010 1. Because it is the day of my brother's wedding and it sort of seemed like a good milestone 2. We wanted to be married for minimum a year 3. I am on secondment at work from May til the end of November and I want to be able to do all of my secondment without having to think about finishing work/having a huge bump! 4. We are going on a road trip around Europe in the summer and this would not work with bump/baby.

Soooo...the earliest we decided we could be expecting a baby was March 2011 so June this year it is...:flower:

WE are getting married June 5th and plan on starting trying basically as soon as we are married!

I've said Feb 2011. I don't want to be heavily pregnant in the heat of summer. I say heat loosely for the UK. I only had 2 days when it was really hot towards the end of my last pregnancy and it was horrible. Oliver will be 20 months old when I start ttc so will be at least 2 1/2 years old when the new lo is born which I think is a nice age gap. It will also hopefully be enough time for me to get down to a healthy size weight wise. I'm so broody and can't wait for number 2.Good luck to all the other WTT mummies to be.

My TTC date is around August 2011...My son will be 2yrs old then and I think I'm ready for number 2 then. Hubby (hopefully!) won't go back on tour until 2014, so he would be there for the pregnancy (which he missed 90% of this time around) and he would be here until LO in nearly 2 yrs old, which would be fab for my son and LO and of course for me.

Well I am one step closer to having a date :p Hopefully within the next week or so I will have a chance to really sit down and seriously discuss this with DH. But we did briefly talk about it today at least... I told him how much I've been thinking about it and that I really don't want to wait forever, but it seems like the time will never be "right". He said, "There is never a right time, you just have to do it." :cloud9: So hopefully that means we don't have to wait years and years!! We'll see what he says when we actually talk about it in depth, but I am just glad he responded in a positive and supportive way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->