Do you have to VBAC or do you get a choice?

FirstBubba

Reaction score
I had an emergency c section with my LO and OH and I are looking to NTNP from next month :happydance: but i'm curious, will I have a c section again or will I be made to VBAC? Do I get to choose after already having a section?

I'm pretty sure that if you have had a c section you get the choice of elective section next time :)

Thanks! I've been curious about this since I had my LO but forget to ask everytime I see a midwife lol x

hi ive had 2 c/s so ive not got a choice with this one i need 2 go for a another. but i think just after one you get the choice .:flower:

Thanks! I'm terrified about having to VBAC so hoping i'll get the chioce when it comes to it. x

I'm the same way. VBAC scares me (and I have read up on all the pros) so I hope I at least have the option to choose an elective.

You get a choice hun but within certain limits, I'm trying for a vbac but will only be left to go to 40+12 if she's not made her arrival by then I'll be having a elective csection because they won't induce.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf7d4b.aspx

I had an emergency CS with my son. When I went to my first doc appointment to confirm pregnancy I had asked about it. He said where I am from they always let the mother labour before performing another c-section as long as there are no complications or health problems. I am soooo nervous. This is new for me because before you use to have to fight to get a VBAC now it's just what they do.

I had an emcs and want an elective section this time but Ive spoken to my consultant and she's pushing me to have a vbac. She said they won't induce so will book cs for 7 days after due date, but if i go into labour before that, they'll let me have a go. I'm seeing her again in April tho and am going to try to get my elective. I don't want a vbac, I'm terrified that I'll have problems again. My midwife says I'll have to fight for it but that they should respect my wishes if I'm adamant.

Hiya, I had an EMCS last time and as soon as I fell pregnant again they asked what I wanted. I said I wasn't sure s I went to a VbAc discussion group with my hospital consultant and I am having a one to one nex week to go through my final plans, so yes, you d get the choice xx

I was given a choice, i said i'd consider VBAC and was told i can change my mind at any point and go elective section.
I'm considering vbac as they will induce me earlier than they'll do a section, i know some places won't induce after a section but my consultant is willing to attempt an induction.
I still don't know what i want to do, i'm pretty sure i'll end up elective though x

I had a c-section with my first baby. When I went in for my first prenatal appt with this LO, I was told that I was not a candidate for VBAC, so I didn't have a choice. I have a C-section scheduled 6 weeks from now and I am fine with that.

I am opting for a v-bac. I am terrified, but I really don't want the recovery from surgery with my almost 3 year old dd. I just keep telling myself that once it is over, the recovery will be better...I hope!!:wacko:

I had an emerg csection too. My obgyn told me I could try for a vaginal the next time because I went 7cm??

I did not get a choice, but I had insulin-dependent diabetes and severe scarring in the uterus.

I've been told that if I go naturally, they'll let me go. But if I have any complications (had a lot last time) or go over, then it's a section. I'm comfortable with a section again, the only reason in my own head to try for a VBAC is the whole lifting thing - my DD is almost 2 and not walking so if will be tough if I can't lift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->