Do You Like Your Own Name?

I like my name, Catrina. Its unusual and was after my nana Catherine. Even better that it has a C rather then a K. So its fun telling people my name as they automatically go to spell it with a K

Nope, hate it. (Shannon) I think it's dull and boring. :dohh:

Hate my full name (Cassandra) I sound like someone old & posh. Cassie suits me much better! Ali, Will & Niall all have beautiful names (IMO :lol:)

When me + OH met, before he even knew my name I had him guess it. He said I looked like a Katey. Surely enough he was right so from then on I've always thought it suited me. I like it but it's very common.

I love my name, Melissa. It is very feminine. I've read it was high up on the baby name list when I was born, but I was the only Melissa in my school.

Nope, it's Kirsty and where I come from is quite a 'chavvy' name :nope:
I'd love to be called Sadie :thumbup:

Mines is Lisa and although I don't mind it, I hated it when I was at school because there were so many other girls with the same name. My Dad wanted to call me Liza which is slightly different and I wish they had gone with this as there were no other Liza's when I was growing up. Due to this I've always said that I won't go with a popular name for my own children.

My name is Simone and i hate hate hate it. :growlmad:

My mum got it off the credits to a french film she watched while preggo with me. All through school I got called simon or sy mone...all my family now call me mone.

Mind you my dear mother also got my brother name from a film...Leroy from fame an everyone who hear's his name say's 'oh I didnt know you had a black brother!!:dohh:

I love my name! It's Deltrece and I have met to other person with my name.

My name is Lisa. It's not a name I'd pick for my own child but I do like it. I think it suits me and I was the only Lisa in my year at school which was a plus!

My only gripe with the name is that everyday, without fail, I had the song from The Simpsons sung at me .. 'Lisa, it's your birthday! Happy Birthday, Lisa!' .. I must have heard that song hundreds and hundreds of times!! :wacko: It wasn't funny at the time, but it seems funny now! :haha:

I do but because no one ever pronounces it right, i shorten it

I'm a-ok with Jessica. When I was little I wanted to be called Dawn because my mom had considered it and because of the Babysitters Club. :)

Eh, Sarah is traditional and I am just not that type ;) I'd like Willow, Sage, even something more normal like Gabriella.... I don't know--Sarah is boring

I like mine but it does cause problems. No one can every spell it correctly first time. Also my parents thought it was a good idea to hyphenate it with louise, so I was constantly being called 'Aimee-Louise' all through school, which was a pain as it's so long and cumbersome and didn't help when I came out of boarding school and went into a comp! :wacko:

It's a common enough name though (although I don't think Aimee/Amy is that popular nowadays). It was popular when I was at school - there was always at least one other Amy in the class and usually with the opposite spelling to mine so we didn't get mixed up.

It can be shortened too - hubby calls me Aimes, parents use to call me Aim. Although the whole Aimee-lou thing does sound like a country singer! lol :haha:

My name is Chantelle. you never really find too many with that spelling which can sometimes get annoying. VERY ANNOYING. ha.

but i love my name. i wouldnt change it. :)

Eh, Sarah is traditional and I am just not that type ;) I'd like Willow, Sage, even something more normal like Gabriella.... I don't know--Sarah is boring

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my name is Sage and I always wanted my cousins name, which is Sarah. :laugh2:

I'm indifferent about my name, Jessica. I use to hate it because everyone was named Jessica in my schools. But friends call me Jess and instructors usually called me Jessie. I was named Jamie for a couple days before my mother changed it..glad she did. I prefer Jessica over Jamie.

I voted yes. Sometimes I think Sarah is a bit dull and common, and I was one of several at school, but I then do remind myself that it's been amongst the top names for yonks because it's a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning!
Unusual can be good because it's different, but common can also be good because it's common for a reason - people like the sound of it!
My name is actually Sarah-Louise, but hardly anyone uses the Louise. I sometimes get called Lou by close family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->